BA vs MUS

singlewing

ok so i just herd this from a friend of a friend and wondered if there was any truth to it

but MUS's quarterback- is it true that he is only a junior but 19 years old, therefore inelligible for next year?

dont mean to stir up any rumors but was just curious- great dual threat qb

no he is not 19. he is the same age as every other junior at MUS

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't make the game...How was the BA quarterback play?

Nelson did alright the first drive (nice long pass, etc.) until the turnover. It was not his best performance the rest of the game as was true for the entire team. Turnovers, obviously was the big problem and I can't remember if Cody was responsible for any of those. He was injured during the second half.

Hamby played well. Couple of nice passes and a 10 yard touchdown run. I'm sure all of this took place after the subs came in, however.

I couldn't make the game...How was the BA quarterback play?

Here are the stats:

Passing

Nelson, Cody 3-11-0 74R

USHING No. Gain Loss Net TD Lg Avg

Rushing

Nelson, Cody 4-0 -18

Fumbles:

Nelson, Cody 3-3; Caro, Victor 3-2; Cash, Justin 1-1.

7 fumbles for BA total. Nelson fumbled 3 times and lost 3.

Of course....this is a team sport and it takes more than one player to lose a game. It just wasn't a great game for the Eagles.

First of all, as an MUS player, I would like to congratulate BA on a great game and season. I was talking with another player the other day and I don't think in my 4 years we have played a team that hits as hard as ya'll do. You really give it 110% every play, which is definately something to be proud of.

At MUS players don't generally post on CoachT during the season, or at all for that matter (The last 16 pages are a testament as to why). We let our play do the talking whether it is good or bad. There is no need to come on here and trash talk. But as a Senior who is done with football for his life I thought I would post something I feel like needs to be said.

If you are in no way affiliated with a school, don't talk about them like you know what they are about. Nothing is more obnoxious than a random person who thinks they know the x's and o's of a team they have never even seen play. Also, parents of players should stay off here. I know there is an MUS parent who is posting on here, probably a parent of a friend of mine. With the utmost respect, a parent shouldn't post about a kids team. We have a team rule about posting for a reason and as a parent you shouldn't take it upon yourself to talk about your son's team. It's embarrassing enough for a player to hear his parents talking during the game, but for them to talk on a message board is just wrong. It's nothing but a distraction. Finally, what good does it do to talk on a message board about a team. The only outcomes will be what they already are: negative. Misinterpretations, jabs at other teams, and trash talk are not what sports are about. It's about the fun of football and the ability to be able to create a very deep bond with the guys on your team. NEVER should competition get to the point where people reaort to talking trash, on a message board no less. It takes away what is so great about High School Football. The fact that there are over 100 posts on this topic alone sickens me. Let the team's play do the talking, let the parents cheer (respectfully and positively), let the coaches coach, and let the "who is better" talk be settled on the field - not by people who are not even members of the team.

I won't check this or anything so go nuts, just thought i'd voice an opinion from a player's perspective (I am in no way alone in this opinion - if you have a son or friend on the team, mention CoachT to them and they could probably rant longer than I could). Most of this will probably, like most posts i've seen or heard about, get taken the wrong way. It wont bother me. I just wanted "fans" to know what players think about all the junk that is put on here.

First of all, as an MUS player, I would like to congratulate BA on a great game and season. I was talking with another player the other day and I don't think in my 4 years we have played a team that hits as hard as ya'll do. You really give it 110% every play, which is definately something to be proud of.

At MUS players don't generally post on CoachT during the season, or at all for that matter (The last 16 pages are a testament as to why). We let our play do the talking whether it is good or bad. There is no need to come on here and trash talk. But as a Senior who is done with football for his life I thought I would post something I feel like needs to be said.

If you are in no way affiliated with a school, don't talk about them like you know what they are about. Nothing is more obnoxious than a random person who thinks they know the x's and o's of a team they have never even seen play. Also, parents of players should stay off here. I know there is an MUS parent who is posting on here, probably a parent of a friend of mine. With the utmost respect, a parent shouldn't post about a kids team. We have a team rule about posting for a reason and as a parent you shouldn't take it upon yourself to talk about your son's team. It's embarrassing enough for a player to hear his parents talking during the game, but for them to talk on a message board is just wrong. It's nothing but a distraction. Finally, what good does it do to talk on a message board about a team. The only outcomes will be what they already are: negative. Misinterpretations, jabs at other teams, and trash talk are not what sports are about. It's about the fun of football and the ability to be able to create a very deep bond with the guys on your team. NEVER should competition get to the point where people reaort to talking trash, on a message board no less. It takes away what is so great about High School Football. The fact that there are over 100 posts on this topic alone sickens me. Let the team's play do the talking, let the parents cheer (respectfully and positively), let the coaches coach, and let the "who is better" talk be settled on the field - not by people who are not even members of the team.

I won't check this or anything so go nuts, just thought i'd voice an opinion from a player's perspective (I am in no way alone in this opinion - if you have a son or friend on the team, mention CoachT to them and they could probably rant longer than I could). Most of this will probably, like most posts i've seen or heard about, get taken the wrong way. It wont bother me. I just wanted "fans" to know what players think about all the junk that is put on here.

Since you're on the team....Is Brunetti really 20 years old? (I decided to add a year) A Junior College transfer?? Married with 2 children??? Talk about "junk"....If it weren't so insultingly stupid, it might be funny.

Since you're on the team....Is Brunetti really 20 years old? (I decided to add a year) A Junior College transfer?? Married with 2 children??? Talk about "junk"....If it weren't so insultingly stupid, it might be funny.

So you take a great post from a young man who is a player and respond to it that way. Who is the immature one now? Read the player's post carefully and I understand why parents shouldn't post on here!

Good post, and I agree with most of it. Players and parents of players have no business on here. For the rest us we enjoy the banter, and make good friends on here. Most of the trash talk is good natured, but not for the thin skinned. I know a lot of players who enjoy reading the post, and have enough sense not to take it too seriously. Too bad your not going to check this to see what people post. You might learn something. Some people just like to talk Football, or sports in general. This is an outlet for fans, former players, and Coaches to Communicate. It's like saying TV is bad, so don't watch it........ I'm gonna watch! It ain't ALL bad.

Great post. It seems that you have learned more than football during your school years. I do enjoy reading these posts as my kids are in Jr. High and basically still protected from the boards. I will, however, probably discontinue reading if it gets to the point they are talked about on these boards. It will be hard to keep your thoughts to yourself when your get is being talked about. Best of luck to you in the future. I have a feeling it is going to be a bright one.