FELONY FOOTBALL

EXCHEQUER

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a parent, I would not let my son play. I would be more worried about his future than the dang playoffs!

When it comes to the law, these players are innocent until proven guilty. when it comes to football, these coahes need to send their team a message that activities such like this will not be tolerated and they should not play. there is more to life than a game on friday night.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You can call the adminstration and football coach at smyrna high school they have experience in this matter. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

You are correct

They handled it perfectly. They gathered the facts spoke with the authorities and made their decision based on factual information.

The incorrect way is to let a bunch of blow hard hollier than thow posters influence their decision.

By the way owl you sure sang a different tune when your boys visited a high school game and ran into a little trouble in the past.

the kid at Smyrna if you only knew is an example of a kid in a tough situation that has over came it and is now a straight a and b student despite his enviroment. he was on the wrong track when he got to Smyrna and has made a 100% turn around. like I say if most of you knew the facts and the situation you would cheer this kid on.

as for not playing people due to being charged versus convicted what about before your teams game next week I file charges against several of your players with breaking into my house, based on your reasoning they should not play since they have been "charged' regardless of if there is any truth to the charges.

WBIR is reporting that 8 Austin-East football players have been arrested on felony charges in shoplifting ring; will still play in playoffs friday. What kind of msg does this send to our young people?

i think that is a question for the coach and the smyrna high school football coach!

he seems to be the best decesion making coach

Be more careful when you're running a shoplifting ring?... /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Seriously, I guess you have to stick to the innocent until proven guilty (odds are they'll drop them to misdemeanors anyway) but you'd love to see a coach step up and do the right thing.

There was a problem come up with Midway players , not near as serious and the coach dismissed all players envolved. It ruined their season. but sent a message to the up and coming talent.

This was a sting operation at AE . Not much question about who was involved . If they play this week and then are found guilty, the coach should have to pay some conciquences as well . I think their title or any wins after a guilty verdict should be striped from the time of being accused.I think the school board should have something to say if the coach wont. 8 players in a organized ring . This needs addressed more seriously. I wounder could the coach have been involved , it doen't make since .

There was a problem come up with greenback players , not near as serious and the coach dismissed all players envolved. It ruined their season. but sent a message to the up and coming talent.

This was a sting operation at AE . Not much question about who was involved . If they play this week and then are found guilty, the coach should have to pay some conciquences as well . I think their title or any wins after a guilty verdict should be striped from the time of being accused.I think the school board should have something to say if the coach wont. 8 players in a organized ring . This needs addressed more seriously. I wounder could the coach have been involved , it doen't make since .

Their season may have been ruined but what a message. You've got to admire a coach that's willing to put character ahead of winning.

Their season may have been ruined but what a message. You've got to admire a coach that's willing to put character ahead of winning.

Even the parents and fans of midway commended him for his actions . It had to be tough , but was the right thing to do . Coach moser . For Midway instead of Greenback . My mistake.