FELONY FOOTBALL

EXCHEQUER

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Innocent until proven guilty".... well your right, let the couorts decide that.

If tapes exist of this deal, let the coaches, parents, and administration view them and if the players are ID'ed, then throw them off the team and do not let them participate on any other athletic team until "the courts" have proven them innocent. It's obvious that with this high number of players invloved, something was up.

I am all for innocent until proven guiltybut an arrest has been made so there must be compelling evidence to the fact. The fact remains that this is a little beyond "beginning to show at risk behavior." If any of these were my children they would definitely not be playing football after this. This has become a pervasive problem over the last several decades all the way through to the professional ranks due to the lack of consequences for actions within a culture. As a result our young people "grow up" ,or not , doing whatever they want to. Just look at the headlines over the years and it is getting progressively worse because of the lack of discipline for whatever reason. I would submit ,that any COACH worth his salt, that truly cares about his young men (or women) would do what is appropriate in this situation and what is best for the team , school and sets the best example. JMO

"Innocent until proven guilty".... well your right, let the couorts decide that.

If tapes exist of this deal, let the coaches, parents, and administration view them and if the players are ID'ed, then throw them off the team and do not let them participate on any other athletic team until "the courts" have proven them innocent. It's obvious that with this high number of players invloved, something was up.

The courts job is not to prove one to be innocent.The court is a tool used by the state to procecute.

Defendents dont have to prove something that they are already considered of being (innocent).

The burden is on the state to prove one to be guilty.

I am all for innocent until proven guiltybut an arrest has been made so there must be compelling evidence to the fact. The fact remains that this is a little beyond "beginning to show at risk behavior." If any of these were my children they would definitely not be playing football after this. This has become a pervasive problem over the last several decades all the way through to the professional ranks due to the lack of consequences for actions within a culture. As a result our young people "grow up" ,or not , doing whatever they want to. Just look at the headlines over the years and it is getting progressively worse because of the lack of discipline for whatever reason. I would submit ,that any COACH worth his salt, that truly cares about his young men (or women) would do what is appropriate in this situation and what is best for the team , school and sets the best example. JMO

Sir things have gotten better over the years from my point of veiw.

What gets me is people like you are so appauled youn players get into the same trouble that non atheletes

get into, But when a non athelete gets in to trouble I dont here a peep out of people.

And if atheletes acting bad is so disturbing why do peple like you turn a blind eye and sometimes even

cheer hocky players when the bash eachothers face in in front of children.

This is true and thank God that it is. When someone is watched and then is subsequently chased and arrested and over $9000.00 worth of STOLEN merchandise is recovered then Iwould say that they do not play. Just because they are not allowed to play does not convict them. The appearance of guilt based on compelling evidence is enough cause for those involved to face the consequences of their actions. If the coach , AD or school admin allows these kids to play then they will be doing them a huge disservice affecting the rest of their lives. If anyone as an adult , parent or authority figure (especially those in their communty) does not recognize this then there is no hope for their future except prison.

We need to remember that we probably all made allot of mistakes growing up and these kids live in a different world than what most of us did. What we need to do is get behind them and hope they make the right disisions in the future. They need to learn from there mistakes and we should help them through it and hope they learn from it while they are young. They need to face there mistake and what it brings, but should build on it too.

Remember they are young and are our future.............................IMO from EAST TN

I try to keep in mind that its not mine right now but could be. (so far so good)

Absolutely! Now, how can I get seated on that jury so I can be a part of their learning process?