2009 Huntingdon Football Schedule

PWII

A football on the ground will always PO coaches. The offense looked fair otherwise. I did see the tailbacks leave their feet more often than I would have liked. Fullback busted a good one up the middle. I think he would have scored on most teams. That Washington kid flat ran him down.

On a side note, the TCA chain gang needs a lot of work. George Russel was on site to conduct a clinic after the scrimmage. He was working on dropping the down marker and beating feet when I left.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue and Gold Night @ Paul Ward Stadium tonight! Come help us kick off the upcoming season and watch whats in store for Huntingdon football as my Pee Wee League will kick things off with a scrimmage followed by the Middle School scrimmage, then a Punt, Pass,Kick tournament for the little ones, The Marching Mustangs will perform there halftime performance this year then the high School will scrimmage each other to cap off which should be a fun night.. Get excited ppl football season is here!!!! :thumb:

Glad Murphy fair is around. I haven't seen or heard jack from our local paper. Thats unusual for Huntingdon.

AMEN to that. There wasn't anything in the paper about the Blue and Gold srimmage except for Bush's column and you had to stumble on it then. This team needs a little publicity if for no other reason, just to pump them up. Maybe the Jamboree will be publicized in Wednesday's paper.

Come on Mustang fans, rally around this team. They're going to make you proud this fall.

RedGrange..........there's a little of chatter going around about who you are. You don't make a living watering down chemicals do you?

PL..

That had to be the worst practice I've ever seen the Mustangs have. No life, busted plays and fumbles all over the place. Some of the lineman couldn't bust an egg. Backs fumbled when nobody was within 5 yds of them. Somebody needs to step up for sure or Westview will make it a long night.

Any word on Chip?

• 2 weeks later...

Great game for the Mustangs against Westview. One thing that stood out to me was being down 21-7 in the 3rd quarter and not quitting but coming back and taking the lead. The td toss from BAM to Holder will be remembered for a long time.

The O-line should get the game ball but Pierce, "Tez" and Warbritton played a good game in the secondary too. Thompson ran hard and has good speed if hemmed up inside. Westview had a wide open offense but always seems to have that good back that can break it. The 2 kickoff returns for td's were daggers but the boys responded. Couldn't have done that last year.

Hope the boys play hard next week against Milan. I remember three years ago when we beat Milan and came out the next week reading the press clippings against Dyer County and got thrashed.

Hope the boys get prepped on special teams... :motorbike:

Who made the tackle on the 2 pt. try on Williams to seal the win?

to all alumni and stang fans. the past 3 or 4 years have not been the same and its time we get back to the old days when we packed the house no matter who we are playing. i remember playing middleton at home and there would not be a empty seat on our side and the top was 3 or 4 rows deep!! these kids will respond to a large lively crowd that's just going nut's. we became use to winning and then we have off year and loose a large part of the crowd. i didn't make it to the westview game because I'm out of town but i will be there Friday night! what happened to the people that brought the jugs with rocks and the ones with signs??? lets bring Paul ward stadium back to life!!! i promise you that when its the 4th quarter and the game is on the line and we are on our feet supporting our team they will respond! go stangs!! :thumb:

Huntingdon Fans, I was at the stadium at about 9:00 last night with some friends and there was lots of electricity in the air. Coach Swenson may have a little help from former coaches Pudor and Ward tonight. I wouldn't even be surprised if someone doesn't get bitten in one of the pileups tonight. I think former player, Johnny Compton may let his presence be known and back in '66 he was said to have bitten more than one player from the opposing team.