2009 Huntingdon Football Schedule

PWII

Mr.Bigster.. I too don't think anyone in Huntingdon is talking title game. No doubt though the road will be easier. Again I'll say not having to play Milan and Goodpasture to get to the title game will be a big break for us but knowledgeable fans and our players realize there are some tough teams in 1-A ball. Personally I wish the TSSAA had left the classifications alone. It's too watered down now.

I really believe depth will be a big plus for us this year. The Mustangs have about 65-70 players this year and several of those got some serious playing time last season. The kicking game will be a concern for me but hopefully we won't have to punt much. :D I do hope the boys will be in shape for Westview because the turf at UTM will be hot on opening night.

I'm with you..I wish they would have left things alone too..Then yall would still be in Double A..Most single A people want a smaller division..But I actually like playing the McKenzie's ,Trenton,and although a Single A team,Union City each year..I love playing Humboldt in basketball and now in football..Going to be a tough game for us in football,but Lake Co has fared pretty well over the years..Held our own in basketball when some of the other small basketball schools were getting blown out by Union City and Humboldt..Lake Co did have the opportunity to play both Huntingdon girls and boys in past basketball seasons in the playoffs ..Played them during the regular season last year and in the playoffs in basketball and did well..I'm looking forward to a great year..Talked to the Lewis Co. coach last night and believe we'll make it to your game with Martin..He ask me where it was going to be played and I noticed you said Martin..So..not too bad a drive for me..!Wow..67 to 70 players..That's more than we have in our town..lol..We could take players the past 4 seasons at Lake Co and just might make 70 players..Lake Co has been around the 18 to 21 mark the past several seasons..I believe we had about 19 or 20 last year..Word I have is there is about 40 out for practice yesterday..Good luck this coming season.!

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Murphy Fair has named Kennon Holder (Offense) and Zach Wallace (Defense) to his Preseason 1A All State Team. Congratulations to both. :roflolk:

Class 1A Preseason All-State

Offense

QB Tyler Rice, Wayne Co.

RB Cody Woodmore, Gordonsville

RB Keenon Holder, Huntingdon

RB Dray Mercer, Perry Co.

WR Eric Williams, Knox Grace

TE Tyler Walls, Coalfield

OL Justin Daniel, Collinwood

OL Atticus Frank, Knox Grace

OL Ethan Belasic, Perry Co.

OL Tyler Griffith, South Pittsburg

OL Will Arnold, Union City

K Edgar Salas, Collinwood

Defense

DB Kevin Ashabraner, Jo Byrns

DB Tay Vaughn Wynn, Lookout Valley

DB Wakon Roberson, Midway

DB Terrell Robinson, South Pittsburg

LB Zach Wallace, Huntingdon

LB Chris Rogers, Lake Co.

LB Dillon Warren, Wayne Co.

DL Tyler Dalley, Greenback,

DL Ronnie Fair, Union City

DL Jiajuan Fennell, South Pittsburg

P Stephen Johnstone, Knox Grace

What did everyone think of the scrimmage yesterday with Scotts Hill?

I thought we ran the ball pretty good. We broke so many long runs that I couldn't keep score. Still plenty of work left to do before the Westview game. The coaches got a look at a lot of different boys. We'll just have to see if any changes are made before Tuesday's scrimmage with TCA in Jackson.

Murphy Fair has named Kennon Holder (Offense) and Zach Wallace (Defense) to his Preseason 1A All State Team. Congratulations to both. :)

Class 1A Preseason All-State

Offense

QB Tyler Rice, Wayne Co.

RB Cody Woodmore, Gordonsville

RB Keenon Holder, Huntingdon

RB Dray Mercer, Perry Co.

WR Eric Williams, Knox Grace

TE Tyler Walls, Coalfield

OL Justin Daniel, Collinwood

OL Atticus Frank, Knox Grace

OL Ethan Belasic, Perry Co.

OL Tyler Griffith, South Pittsburg

OL Will Arnold, Union City

K Edgar Salas, Collinwood

Defense

DB Kevin Ashabraner, Jo Byrns

DB Tay Vaughn Wynn, Lookout Valley

DB Wakon Roberson, Midway

DB Terrell Robinson, South Pittsburg

LB Zach Wallace, Huntingdon

LB Chris Rogers, Lake Co.

LB Dillon Warren, Wayne Co.

DL Tyler Dalley, Greenback,

DL Ronnie Fair, Union City

DL Jiajuan Fennell, South Pittsburg

P Stephen Johnstone, Knox Grace

i see union city has Ronnie Fair on the All-State DL

that boy is a BEAST!!!!

plays with intensity and heart..

and one he!! of a hassle for opossing QBs lol..

better watch ur back HHS QBs.. cuz ronnie fair "gonna take yo soul" :geek:

good luck to yall this year.. cant wait to play yall.. should be about week three if im thinking correctly :)

I spoke with Coach Swenson this morning. The scrimmage with TCA is still scheduled for Tuesday in Jackson as of now. I should be able to post a time later today. He said if it rains and can't play tomorrow, he would try to reschedule for later this week. He felt that we really need this scrimmage.

Today's practice (4:00) should be interesting.