2009 Huntingdon Football Schedule

PWII

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Lexington is dropping out of the Huntingdon Jamboree this year. Coach Swenson has us playing Graves County Kentucky. Is that correct?

We are playing Graves County in the Jamboree this year. I don't know any details as to why. I guess the Tennessee Titans were busy that Friday night.

The Westview game scheduled for Week 0 has been changed to Thursday night. I guess Coach Cody will be looking for a huge gate that night.

Mr. Mustang must be sick or on vacation because this thread was about to go to page two. I'm pretty sure he is sick because he don't have to work hard enough to take vacation.

Next week starts the two week dead period that TSSAA mandates. I bet lots of the boys will keep working on their own. If they don't, they will wish they had later. Two a days start July 20th.

I heard that Ward had been cleared by his knee doctor to start back to work on agility. That should create some more competition on the O line when practice starts.

Here's what our 2009 Football schedule looks like so far:

August 14 - Huntingdon Jamboree

August 21 - @ Martin Westview

August 28 - Milan

September 4 - @ Bruceton *****

September 11 - @ Union City

September 18 - West Carroll *****

September 25 - @ Camden

October 2 - Dresden *****

October 9 - Dyer County

October 16 - Gleason *****

October 23 - Open

October 30 - @ McKenzie *****

***** District Games

Good lord man the mustangs have one heck of a non district schedule. Martin and Milan the first two games thats just brutal!! There is no tougher schedule in the state than that. If u survive through that come playoff time who will have been severly tested. Hopefully everone will stay healthy good luck and and have a great year!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

Mr. Mustang must be sick or on vacation because this thread was about to go to page two. I'm pretty sure he is sick because he don't have to work hard enough to take vacation.

Next week starts the two week dead period that TSSAA mandates. I bet lots of the boys will keep working on their own. If they don't, they will wish they had later. Two a days start July 20th.

I heard that Ward had been cleared by his knee doctor to start back to work on agility. That should create some more competition on the O line when practice starts.

I guess I better go by and check on Mr. Mustang today. I haven't seen his name in the obituaries but I read on another thread that some of the players were running through town last week and he has not been on here to talk about it. He's been after some of the boys to do just that in an effort to get the town talking about football early.

The preseason polls are putting some early pressure on this year's team. But not as much pressure as Westview and Milan will put on them if they are not ready.

PL... Better tell that youngun of yours what we discussed on Wednesday. As coach Ward would often say," you boys have been sucking on the hind teat". Well almost to those words .. Ha.. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> All they better worry about is Westview. It's goona be a chore on that turf at UT-Martin. (Heat index rule). Go out and play hard and win and that will help set the tone for the rest of the season. There's lots of young talent coming up so maybe we'll be just fine. Leadership makes all the difference and we have it this year.

Doesn't the "Dead Period" end this Monday? What time will they be out? Two a-days? Lots of questions but with all the rule changes it's hard for me to keep in the know. Any "reliable" info would be appreciated.

Today is the last day of the Dead Period. Our players will resume weightlifting tomorrow morning at 6:00am. They lift on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings. We should see who wants to play this week by watching for which boys are working out. They have 2 weeks to get in shape before two a days which start on July 20th. Practice in full pads starts July 27th. Scrimmages with Scotts Hill on the 31st and TCA on August 4th are scheduled. I think the Blue and Gold scrimmage will be the 7th with our Jamboree the 14th. Week Zero is Thursday August 20th against Martin Westview on the turf at UTM. It's going to be interesting to see what the new heat rule does to this schedule. I expect practice to be under the lights on several days due to the heat index.

union city is on the schedule this year.. should be an excellent game.. some people believe that this will be the prelude to what happens in late november.. maybe a round 4 game.. the people in union city believe that their kids will venture on to state and hopefully win it.. which means that they will come through yall to do that.. i know what the uc people think about whats gonna happen this game.. but i dont what the the hunington fans believe.. plz fill me in..

uc returns alot of size and strength this year with returning starters at all positions except QB and

WR.. practically the whole defense returns as well.. the kids know what its gonna take to win and are working harder than ever.. they can also HIT!! in 1A football the most physical team is usually gonna win.. who will that be?

i pick a 27-24 win for Union City.. but thats just me /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Big Swo.. Good post. Players and coaches here in Huntingdon know UC has lots of talent returning. Huntingdon is still young. Bit of humor here but if UC still has the clock operator and officials they used to have ya'll will win hands down. In 2000 the clock operator never started the clock and let UC run 2 extra plays and then the ref goes over to the UC band in the final minute to tell them to stop so UC could hear the signals. UC lined up and kicked a FG to beat us. Unpleasant memory to say the least.

Anyway, Huntingdon will be better this year but just don't know how much. I too hope we meet in late November (at Paul Ward Stadium) Ha...

Good luck to UC this year.

Chuck Nall's preseason poll is out. Looks like Union City is going to be a tough one.

Rank Team District Rating Last First Game

1 South Pittsburg 6 55.4 Grundy County (Week 1)

2 Union City 14 52.1 Trigg County, KY (Week 0)

4 Wayne County 12 51.9 McEwen (Week 1)

5 Huntingdon 13 48.6 Westview (Week 0)

6 Greenback 3 48.1 Meigs County (Week 0)

7 McEwen 10 46.9 Stewart County (Week 0)

8 Midway 3 44.8 Wartburg Central (Week 1)

9 Collinwood 12 44.8 Lewis County (Week 1)

10 Lake County 14 42.0 Fulton City, KY (Week 0)

Hey Co-Pilot.. Don't put too much stock in the rankings. That's to sell magazines. Several years we've been ranked #1 but that doesn't get you doodley. I could say something stupid like the games are played on the field not on paper but I won't. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> The Pigskin Pals told me to tell you not to put away the copter fuel just yet. Save some for next year when we have to travel over to Dyer County. The team bus got lost last time we played down there.

Anybody seen the new uni's?