2009 Huntingdon Football Schedule

PWII

Heard Wambles was leaving to take the HC spot at his alma mater in Alabama. Any thoughts who the "Powers" will hire to take his and coach Eubie's spot? Could someone from another school move into town this summer? We'll have to see... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

There are 2 young men from Huntingdon that recently graduated from college going in to coaching. Were fine players for Mustangs a few years back. Understand one of them received excellent feedback from the head coach where he did his student coaching. Dont know, just a thought.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 2 young men from Huntingdon that recently graduated from college going in to coaching. Were fine players for Mustangs a few years back. Understand one of them received excellent feedback from the head coach where he did his student coaching. Dont know, just a thought.

My understanding is they will be looking for a def. back coach. I've heard a name from middle tn.

This will be a major hire after losing Eubanks and Wambles. I agree it will have to be someone to basically be a DB coach. Maybe Coach Swenson can get his hands on a good one.

OldGold70.. You're thinking like me. Not all that bad by the way. Somebody needs to be hired that can take the DB's and make them work. Do ya'll think it could be someone that Swenson knew from another school? I know the former players that Hardhead70 was talking about. They would be a nice addition. It would be nice though if a coach moved in with a couple of sons that were linemen.

• 2 weeks later...

Mr. Mustang, We had to schedule Gleason since they are now in our district. They had a pretty good ball team this year and run about the same kind of offense that we do. I, too, was surprised that we scheduled Dyer County again and would rather have had Lexington or someone closer that might rekindle an old rivalry.

But........Our boys will play them the way Coach Swenson schedules them and never look back!!!

Agreed that Gleason had a pretty decent team last season but, they graduated most of the talent and now it's looking tough for them again but, we all have to play the district. We (McKenzie) moved down to class A a few years ago and were thinking Gold Ball here we come. Well we got to the 'Boro once and lost to S. Pitt. and the semi's last season but, the lesson is that ya'll will most surely make the playoffs but the trip to the 'Boro won't be a cake walk as we found out. We've been moved up one notch in the playoffs now and hope we can compete at the same level we have been recently but, just a word of experience from across the creek.........it ain't gonna come as easy as it feels right now. There are some SERIOUS class A teams between the 'Stangs and the next Gold Ball. The class A teams in middle and especially east TN are the real deal. With that said, Good Luck to ya'll except on Halloween!!!!

Agreed that Gleason had a pretty decent team last season but, they graduated most of the talent and now it's looking tough for them again but, we all have to play the district. We (McKenzie) moved down to class A a few years ago and were thinking Gold Ball here we come. Well we got to the 'Boro once and lost to S. Pitt. and the semi's last season but, the lesson is that ya'll will most surely make the playoffs but the trip to the 'Boro won't be a cake walk as we found out. We've been moved up one notch in the playoffs now and hope we can compete at the same level we have been recently but, just a word of experience from across the creek.........it ain't gonna come as easy as it feels right now. There are some SERIOUS class A teams between the 'Stangs and the next Gold Ball. The class A teams in middle and especially east TN are the real deal. With that said, Good Luck to ya'll except on Halloween!!!!

Duck I agree with you spot on. But with the teams on our non region schedule we should be well prepared for anything the 1A playoffs can throw at us. Although we are on a bit of a downswing the last couple years we all know it wont stay that way for long, it never does around here. We've been there three times and surely its not been forgotten the effort it took. Heck, we were the last ones to give alcoa a decent game.

There are several Friday nights to get through before we start talking about what happens in November this fall. We need to to be concerned with Week 0 at Martin Westview right now and try to keep the boys looking there too.

Spring practice sure looks strange with a lot of missing faces from participation. But good luck to the baseball team and maybe the knee bug has bitten the last of our young men. We need everybody healthy in July when fall practice begins and lots of hard work between now and then.

Duck I agree with you spot on. But with the teams on our non region schedule we should be well prepared for anything the 1A playoffs can throw at us. Although we are on a bit of a downswing the last couple years we all know it wont stay that way for long, it never does around here. We've been there three times and surely its not been forgotten the effort it took. Heck, we were the last ones to give alcoa a decent game.

I hear you. When we went to class A we only had 3 non region dates to work with and scheduled teams that were traditionally tough opponents. That does help and we have a tough non region schedule this season too. But, I've learned my lesson. I'll never cross the river again thinking we got it in the bag------even in class A!!! If the 'Stangs make a total turnaround and suddenly become the class A owners of the west half of TN then yeah, ya'll got a shot at it. But, ya'll haven't seen what is on the east end in Class A yet either. Keep that in mind. Yeah they can be beaten but, Ya'll best take a stud hoss to the show if you get there. Good luck and I'll be pullin' for ya'll if you get there.

There is a big difference in available athletes there now than when ya'll were taking Alcoa to the mats regularly (well for a couple of years) Ya'll had an awsome team then. The last few season's I've had the pleasure of watching Terrance Bell have a great college career and never missed a home game. Many of those kids are in the college ranks now and several are playing right behind my house. I watch 'em every Saturday!!! That's still not an automatic return pass. It's a huge sacrafice to get that far and it's simply a matter of can they make that much of one and have the talent to carry the effort to the show??????

For sure, take it ONE game at a time! Feel free to slack a little on Halloween!!! LOL