2009 Huntingdon Football Schedule

PWII

I wish you hadn't even mentioned Dyer County. I just don't know why we scheduled them. Surely there was somebody else we could have scheduled that was closer to our size and with a little traditional rivalry from the past.

Does anyone understand how the heat index rule will work during the regular season? I understand that they can't play if the heat index hits 104, but what if it's game time and it's 100? The rules says something like they have to take a 10 minute water break every 30 minutes. Also, that water must be available at all times. They can't play a game under those circumstances............... Does anyone have more information on how all this will work?

Seems like TSSAA should just begin the season a little later. It sees like we start earlier every year. Now we're playing week zero!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uc returns alot of size and strength this year with returning starters at all positions except QB and

WR.. practically the whole defense returns as well..

The quarterback was the main weapon last year...As for the defense..Wasn't much in the defensive backfield..Wasn't much better than Lake Co and Lake Co gave up a ton of points..Just scored a lot also..Everyone's talking about Union City..Better watch out for that team in the number 10 spot..The Falcons did lose their top two offensive players and Union City lost basically their only threat or at least the biggest threat..Could be Huntingdon and Lake Co in the late rounds..Maybe even the Stangs and Greenfield or Halls..Have to wait and see..!

uc returns alot of size and strength this year with returning starters at all positions except QB and

WR.. practically the whole defense returns as well..

The quarterback was the main weapon last year...As for the defense..Wasn't much in the defensive backfield..Wasn't much better than Lake Co and Lake Co gave up a ton of points..Just scored a lot also..Everyone's talking about Union City..Better watch out for that team in the number 10 spot..The Falcons did lose their top two offensive players and Union City lost basically their only threat or at least the biggest threat..Could be Huntingdon and Lake Co in the late rounds..Maybe even the Stangs and Greenfield or Halls..Have to wait and see..!

I agree with mrbigster not wanting to make any UC fan mad. But they are doing alot of talking already some saying 10-0 i don't believe that at all. They may be in for some surprises. Schedules are tough for the most part this year especially for the smaller 1a schools. LC has a tough one. But if Huntington can get through that schedule they have. There is no schools in the state in any class thay plays a tougher schedule than Huntington. I don't care who there 1-6A! Good luck to Huntington and all west tn teams on the coming year! Martin and Milan back to back no weak spot on the schedule! Once again good luck on the season! :hungry:

does anybody know when and where the scrimmage is against scotts hill next friday?

The scrimmage is supposed to be at Huntingdon. I have not heard any mention of a time but with the heat rule, I would expect it to be late afternoon. No doubt, it's going to be interesting to watch. There's no telling who we may see playing anywhere. Several boys are getting looked at at several positions. The QB position is absolutely up for grabs but will probably end up being Warbritton or Melton's job (maybe both).

Very early prediction for 2009 - Mustangs to the Clinic Bowl!!!!!!

Huntingdon very well could be..I'm very aware of Huntingdon football over years..I watched them play Milan several times over the years and in a few State Championships..Nobody could beat beat Huntingdon during those years in Double A during the Boo Weathers days and even years after that..Is this years Huntingdon team close to those teams..If they are..give them the trophy now..But..I did notice that Huntingdon lost to McKenzie last year...Lake Co. beat McKenzie the first game last year before getting thrashed by McKenzie during the playoffs in a game that had touchdowns scored in ways I'd never seen..Lake Co has about 7 starters back from that team ,although they did lose their top 2 players...Union City has most everyone back except the quarterback...Most people believe that just because a top tier team drops down to Single A that the state is theirs for the taking..McKenzie dropped down and Lake Co gave them all they wanted in every game except the playoff game last year..Huntingdon may go to the State..but they'll have to play along the way..I noticed they lost 5 or 6 games last year..Know it was to good teams,Camden,Milan,Dyer Co..But I'm not sure Union City and Lake Co could have done about the same against those teams last year..I live in Dyer Co..Not convinced they would have beat Lake Co by 3 touchdowns ..So by Double A standards last year..the Huntingdon was a middle of the pack team..Is this same team going to be so good to be annointed as preseason State Champs just because they dropped down to Single A..They might..But I believe there's a couple Single A teams going to play them pretty tough..!

I would agree with you 100 percent mr bigs. I think the thing that has us excited in Mustang land is how we finished last year. It took awhile for things to come together but with a new coach, new system (on both sides of the ball) and starting alot of underclassman, I like our chances. The biggest concern won't be making our kids believe they will have to play in 1A, it will be surviving our regular season schedule. This team is still very young.

Mrbigster....I, too, agree with what you are saying. We were a very average team last year that came together late. I do think we will have a better team this year but no one in Huntingdon is talking state title, I promise. The post you responded to was from a diehard Milan fan. I doubt that you will find anyone in Huntingdon looking any farther than Westview and Milan.

Part of your post sounds like your trying to stir up some of the Mustang faithful. I hope we get the chance to play Lake County in November. That will mean both teams have had a pretty good season. If so, I think you'll find plenty of folks to trash talk with. But for now, I think we just need to be concerned with the Aug. 20 game with Westview.

Mr.Bigster.. I too don't think anyone in Huntingdon is talking title game. No doubt though the road will be easier. Again I'll say not having to play Milan and Goodpasture to get to the title game will be a big break for us but knowledgeable fans and our players realize there are some tough teams in 1-A ball. Personally I wish the TSSAA had left the classifications alone. It's too watered down now.

I really believe depth will be a big plus for us this year. The Mustangs have about 65-70 players this year and several of those got some serious playing time last season. The kicking game will be a concern for me but hopefully we won't have to punt much. :roflolk: I do hope the boys will be in shape for Westview because the turf at UTM will be hot on opening night.

Mrbigster....I, too, agree with what you are saying. We were a very average team last year that came together late. I do think we will have a better team this year but no one in Huntingdon is talking state title, I promise. The post you responded to was from a diehard Milan fan. I doubt that you will find anyone in Huntingdon looking any farther than Westview and Milan.

Part of your post sounds like your trying to stir up some of the Mustang faithful. I hope we get the chance to play Lake County in November. That will mean both teams have had a pretty good season. If so, I think you'll find plenty of folks to trash talk with. But for now, I think we just need to be concerned with the Aug. 20 game with Westview.

I wouldn't even think about stirring anything up with the Mustang nation..lol..Believe me..I know the following the Mustangs have..When I came to a few of those games in Huntingdon..seemed like a small college atmosphere..Unbelievable..I remember one game..wind was about to blow me away on the visitors side..was cold..a great atmosphere..I wasn't rooting against yall..just was on the visitors side sitting with a few of the Lewis Co. coaches who was there scouting..Best friends with Coach Bobby Sharp..Usually call him every Friday night to give him West Tenn scores..kinda of his West Tenn scout ...Huntingdon would be a tough game for most anyone in any year..Even all those years the Mustangs were beating everyone in Double A and winning State..I believe could have been Single A even then,according to enrollment figures..May have several more state championships ..I may stir some things up every now and then,just to get things going..Been known to even call out one or two of our own coaches..offered to give him a new play book..Then I started finding out that he knew more than I did so I quietded down..Realized he was and is a very good coach and person..I meant well though..I bleed green and gold and believe he realized that..I live outside Newbern so even a home game for me at Tiptonville is around 60 miles round trip...Take football season and 3 or 4 times a week in basketball and it adds up..Probably could count on 1 hand the games I've missed over the past 30 plus years...I hope we get that chance to play Huntingdon..means we would have a pretty good ball club..I wish the Mustang nation a great season..!