Greeneville says they will be "big dogs" in '09!

1stAndGoal

Attention District 2 - 2A: Just thought you should know GHS posters are proclaiming they will be the "BIG DOGS" next year and they say we are "weak"! Those poor souls are going to have to schedule tougher non-conference games next year so they will be ready for the play-offs. We should just all forfiet our games against them now so we can save ourselves the embarassment! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Check out what they have to say on the 4A-5A-DII board, it ain't pretty! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

The "Weak" List includes:

Cumberland Gap

Grainger

Claiborne

West Greene

South Greene

Chuckey Doak

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Attention District 2 - 2A: Just thought you should know GHS posters are proclaiming they will be the "BIG DOGS" next year and they say we are "weak"! Those poor souls are going to have to schedule tougher non-conference games next year so they will be ready for the play-offs. We should just all forfiet our games against them now so we can save ourselves the embarassment! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Check out what they have to say on the 4A-5A-DII board, it ain't pretty! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Cumberland Gap

Grainger

Claiborne

West Greene

South Greene

Chuckey Doak

I hate to say it guys but they are right. Those are pitiful teams and they should just go ahead and forfeit because none of those teams could come within 5 touchdowns of Greenville. If this is Greenville's schedule, then it will surely hurt them come playoff time.

Greeneville should dominate that district !

Yeah it's an easy road thats for sure, but it's what people up there have been screaming for years. I mean they win conferences in 4A ball and still whine and complain about moving down and how they cannot compete with the larger schools due to enrollment. Whatever!

On a side note, I still cannot get over the school's nickname. I worked there for 4 years and the whole time I thought the nickname was the Green Devils. It's actually the Greene Devils. I dunno if that's a county thing or what but I have never understood on why they spell it that way.... I guess for Greene Co.

Yeah it's an easy road thats for sure, but it's what people up there have been screaming for years. I mean they win conferences in 4A ball and still whine and complain about moving down and how they cannot compete with the larger schools due to enrollment. Whatever!

On a side note, I still cannot get over the school's nickname. I worked there for 4 years and the whole time I thought the nickname was the Green Devils. It's actually the Greene Devils. I dunno if that's a county thing or what but I have never understood on why they spell it that way.... I guess for Greene Co.

The primary reason for the move was NOT football...Greeneville competes in more than 20 sports. Soccer, baseball, softball, volleyball, wrestling, etc, will reap the benefits from this move way more than football....and for the record so far I am the only Greeneville fan who has posted on this thread. I wonder how long it will take for 1stand goal to start name-calling and get this thread closed like he did the last one.

Yea, ive heard about greeneville and how "GREAT" they "THINK" they are, but we'll just have to see when next year rolls around. SG is always tough and CG contends every year. Im wishing luck to all these teams in the district, but Greeneville is gonna start whinig in about two years because they will get no respect playing in this region. We all heard the same thing from GP when they were in the region with these teams, and thats just how it is. You can dominate teams and be the "BIG DOGS" during the regular season, but can you do anything in the playoffs? Anyway, good luck to all these teams and these crappy new districts, is it football season yet?

Cumberland Gap

Grainger

Claiborne

West Greene

South Greene

Chuckey Doak

Dang they do have it easy /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yea, ive heard about greeneville and how "GREAT" they "THINK" they are, but we'll just have to see when next year rolls around. SG is always tough and CG contends every year. Im wishing luck to all these teams in the district, but Greeneville is gonna start whinig in about two years because they will get no respect playing in this region. We all heard the same thing from GP when they were in the region with these teams, and thats just how it is. You can dominate teams and be the "BIG DOGS" during the regular season, but can you do anything in the playoffs? Anyway, good luck to all these teams and these crappy new districts, is it football season yet?

You'll have to be the judge of how well they perform in the play-offs....

http://www.greenevillefootball.com/statistics/statsmenu.htm

And how they'll do in the new district....

http://greenecountyfootball.com/

I welcome any info I can get from CG, Grainger and Claiborn as I am rather unfamiliar with them. Have they firmed up their non-conference schedules yet?

Greeneville will be district champs for forever or until they change the alignment/classifications.

That region is a complete joke, come on, get real.

Unless GHS fields a freshman team in that conference, the other schools have zero chance!

This could backfire on GHS when they play the out of conference schedule against stronger teams and also in the playoffs.

You can dance with cupcakes all season long and then when some super teams come along in the playoffs, they are going to beat you down.

To be the Big dawg in 2A dont you have to BEAT the big dawg in 2A? /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

To be the Big dawg in 2A dont you have to BEAT the big dawg in 2A? /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Don't worry, GHS will play on your level with tune up games against West Greene & South Greene.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Sorry but when I saw that conference listed, I honeslty thought someone put Greeneville by mistake. I thought someone made mistake and that North Greene was the other team. The conference is a joke and GHS (Greeneville) will rule that division for years.

Now facing Alcoa? Let's just hope G-ville can get there... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />