Greeneville says they will be "big dogs" in '09!

1stAndGoal

Don't worry, GHS will play on your level with tune up games against West Greene & South Greene.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Sorry but when I saw that conference listed, I honeslty thought someone put Greeneville by mistake. I thought someone made mistake and that North Greene was the other team. The conference is a joke and GHS (Greeneville) will rule that division for years.

Now facing Alcoa? Let's just hope G-ville can get there... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Maybe its just a really bad joke TSSAA is playing on Greeneville lol....... ok guys you got us come out now

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be the Big dawg in 2A dont you have to BEAT the big dawg in 2A? /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Alcoa will be in the 3A split come play-off time and Greeneville will be 4A.....but I'm sure if Rankin wants to schedule non-conference, Coach Mac would be happy to oblige.

Attention District 2 - 2A: Just thought you should know GHS posters are proclaiming they will be the "BIG DOGS" next year and they say we are "weak"! Those poor souls are going to have to schedule tougher non-conference games next year so they will be ready for the play-offs. We should just all forfiet our games against them now so we can save ourselves the embarassment! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Check out what they have to say on the 4A-5A-DII board, it ain't pretty! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

The "Weak" List includes:

Cumberland Gap

Grainger

Claiborne

West Greene

South Greene

Chuckey Doak

I believe you are the one proclaiming we will be "BIG DOGS" next year. Its obviously not just GHS posters that think this conference is weak...and just like the county schools we will use our non-conference games to schedule some of our traditional 5 rivers and mlc rivals....The county schools have scheduled some of their old Watauga foes as well. I really don't understand all the uproar, its not like Greeneville's gonna cost any of the county schools a spot in the playoffs.For this new confernce, there are three 4A teams and four 3A teams. According to TSSAA rules, one of the 4A teams will automatically qualify, and two of the 3A teams will automatically qualify. Since Greeneville is 4A and the county schools are 3A at least one of the county schools will get an automatic bid, possibly 2.With the possible wild card spot, as many as 4 teams from this conference could make the play-offs. Keep in mind, with only 1 automatic 4A bid, Greeneville will have to finish in the top 2.

GHS doesn't expect any of the conference teams to roll over and play dead, but by just looking at the facts, you must be honest with yourself and admit that Greeneville should have the upperhand in the conference. Just as DB does in the AAA league. Of course we all hate DB because of their success against us. So I guess GHS will be the "hated ones."

GHS doesn't expect any of the conference teams to roll over and play dead, but by just looking at the facts, you must be honest with yourself and admit that Greeneville should have the upperhand in the conference. Just as DB does in the AAA league. Of course we all hate DB because of their success against us. So I guess GHS will be the "hated ones."

We're used to it.....the county schools have never had much use for GHS.....we've taken crap all season over our new rug and how it was a waste of money when the County schools have so little....or how we're just a bunch of rich snobs who look down on everybody outside the city limits sign. (which has just moved further south and west I might add)At least we have finally given them a legitimate reason...I do have a question though, how does tssaa transfer rules apply to students annexed by the city?Are they treated the same as those who physically moved?

Is it true Greeneville will be playing West Greene at WG? If that is right, how will that work with the band and all the extra fans?

300 lawn chairs

We're used to it.....the county schools have never had much use for GHS.....we've taken crap all season over our new rug and how it was a waste of money when the County schools have so little....or how we're just a bunch of rich snobs who look down on everybody outside the city limits sign. (which has just moved further south and west I might add)At least we have finally given them a legitimate reason...I do have a question though, how does tssaa transfer rules apply to students annexed by the city?Are they treated the same as those who physically moved?

300 lawn chairs

Logical thinking should be that when annexation occurs those students should be allowed to go to their new inzone school if they so choose without penalty, but the TSSAA may not have my same thinking.