district 11

waverlytigers06

Should be a good conference for football with a lot of good natural rivals playing each other. Harpeth football is slowly getting back to where it needs to be and I think will be even better next year. Don't know enough about the other schools to really make great predictions, but will give my two cents:

1. Creek Wood - size of student body alone gives it a big advantage. They are used to playing bigger and better schools so dropping down to lesser competition should make it easier for them.

2. Camden - they always won their previous region so must be doing something right, although they don't seem to do to well in the playoffs each year. Are they as good as their record or is it opponents aren't very good.

3. Harpeth - have good nucleus returning and QB/WR combination is very good

4. Waverly - had some really good skill position players who I think will be back

5. Cheatham County - will benefit from dropping down in competition

6. Stewart County - good records last two years, but only b/c of beating teams with losing records. Not convinced they are that good.

7. Montgomery Central - really a poor excuse for an athletic program. No knock on the coaches, but more on the school. Baseball and softball have been ok, but football and boys/girls basketball have been terrible past 5 years.

Overall, I think the region is pretty weak, but I do think it will be competitive and any of the top 5 could suprise each other.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you know what he was saying though. Camden has not made it past the second round in how long now? Three years I think, but not sure. That is not that good seeing how they lose a max of 2 games a year.

Call me crazy, but I believe that any of those schools would love to have the success that Camden has had the last 6-7 years. Losing in the second round is obviously not the ultimate goal, but, many schools would love to make it to the playoffs, let alone lose in the second round.

Call me crazy, but I believe that any of those schools would love to have the success that Camden has had the last 6-7 years. Losing in the second round is obviously not the ultimate goal, but, many schools would love to make it to the playoffs, let alone lose in the second round.

Well crazy, I would think that if a team has that much success that they would want to get past the second round. Yea they have a lot of success in the regular season, but none in the playoffs.

Well crazy, I would think that if a team has that much success that they would want to get past the second round. Yea they have a lot of success in the regular season, but none in the playoffs.

I have seen Camden play twice since I moved here and I can tell you they will struggle in this new region. The style of football they play will fly in West Tennessee where they run east-west and try to get the edge. But the straight ahead, north-south style of play this region will bring will be trouble for the lions. Now I think they still will be the top 3a team in the region. But they will get beat by Creekwood and Cheatham. If any team wants to compete come playoff time they better schedule some tough non-district games or it will be one and done like Camden this year.

Camden has played the best competition available to them in the regular season...Milan, Trenton-Peabody, Huntingdon, 4A Jackson Northside, Martin-Westview and have STILL been successful. How many of the other teams in this region can say that? Can they say they've been to the playoffs every year since 2003, made 2 quarterfinal appearances (losing to the likes of state-runners up Goodpasture and Huntingdon both of those years) lost in the 2nd rounds (With a near upset last year) to the likes of state runner up Goodpasture and CPA the past three years and bowing out in the first round very uncharacteristically this year to Fairview. Who in this region would like to compare resumes? Nobody...that's what I thought.

As someone else said...who wouldn't like those results? Ask your coaches, I'm sure they would agree. But if you want to continue to delude yourselves, who am I to interfere?

I have seen Camden play twice since I moved here and I can tell you they will struggle in this new region. The style of football they play will fly in West Tennessee where they run east-west and try to get the edge. But the straight ahead, north-south style of play this region will bring will be trouble for the lions. Now I think they still will be the top 3a team in the region. But they will get beat by Creekwood and Cheatham. If any team wants to compete come playoff time they better schedule some tough non-district games or it will be one and done like Camden this year.

Camden's OC will have to learn to adjust. I'm never critical of Camden's coaches but I have to say that unless we learn to adapt on the fly we will struggle more often than necessary considering the athletes Camden has at their disposal. With that said, I wouldn't judge Camden by the Fairview game...Fairview game planned very well and Camden, from the coaches on down to the players, just seemed to lay down almost like they were ready for it to be over. The team at the end of the season was definitely not the team I watched for the first 6 games or so against teams like Trenton, Milan, Martin-Westview and Huntingdon.

Hey guys. Didn't have anything to do on a Friday, thought I would check playoff scores and ran across this. I think this will be a good competitive region. I don't know much about the larger schools like Creekwood but you would have to think they have the advantage with a larger student population. Now having said that there are two playoff brackets coming out of this region, the AAAA and AAA teams. I too think Camden will be one of the elite of the region as they are well coached and they are very serious about their football. Waverly exposed them a little with the passing this year, but if they shore that up, they will be okay. Harpeth should be good as they led Waverly late in the third period and Stewart County even with a weak schedule, winning breeds interest and success, Waverly better find some meat to replace the line they lost. If they do, they return all their skill players but one. I just don't see anyone running away with this region but you guys that are running Camden down, will see what I'm talking about when the football season rolls around. Oh, by the way, Cheatham County if I'm not badly mistaken, albeit a scrimmage, has lost to Waverly the last two years.

Hey guys. Didn't have anything to do on a Friday, thought I would check playoff scores and ran across this. I think this will be a good competitive region. I don't know much about the larger schools like Creekwood but you would have to think they have the advantage with a larger student population. Now having said that there are two playoff brackets coming out of this region, the AAAA and AAA teams. I too think Camden will be one of the elite of the region as they are well coached and they are very serious about their football. Waverly exposed them a little with the passing this year, but if they shore that up, they will be okay. Harpeth should be good as they led Waverly late in the third period and Stewart County even with a weak schedule, winning breeds interest and success, Waverly better find some meat to replace the line they lost. If they do, they return all their skill players but one. I just don't see anyone running away with this region but you guys that are running Camden down, will see what I'm talking about when the football season rolls around. Oh, by the way, Cheatham County if I'm not badly mistaken, albeit a scrimmage, has lost to Waverly the last two years.

You ARE badly mistaken.

You ARE badly mistaken.

Well I do know year before last when Waverly had it's 0-10 year, Waverly beat Cheatham County by 21 points in a scrimmage because I was there. Last year I wasn't there but was told that Waverly beat them. Either way at worst was a split and it's not going to be a cakewalk for CC.