East Tennessee got a chance in 4A?

RebelConvert

maryville plays in a tough region, theres been a team from region 3 4a in the state title game either every year or all but one the last 16 years or so. 3 of our 4 teams won their first round games this year, the only one that lost was my dragons who played rhea county very well the first half til mistakes took over in the second, the rest of em got beat by maryville or rhea who are both supreme teams. region 3 4a is one of the most talented ones in the state so i dont see how you think they dont play a tough schedule. next year you'll get your wish though when they move up to 5a, i dont expect them to win every game but i still think theyll be in the running for the title each year.

What's the closeset game Maryville's played in awhile?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching morristown east play south and greenville vs south i dont think south or greenville can meet maryville. Even if it is a down year at Maryville neither team can compare to them. South is not as good as they were last year,just face it. As a matter of fact, i look for Greenville to beat South on friday night. South has a good team but, they dropped to many passes last week when they were crucial needing 1st downs. Also, if they dont kick the ball deep on kickoffs they are just adding to the other teams scoring with field position. South keeps passing when they don t need to. If i were Carter, i would run the QB sweep, hand of to #15 and screen passes all night long. Iwould not throw the ball over 15 yds all night unless it was 3rd and very long. They should control the clock and run off time. This is what Maryville is going to do against whoever they play. If they can beat Greenville and control the ball against Maryville with no turnovers and get one turnover from Maryville they might have a chance. Might!!!! Maryville is a fine tuned machine-no stars-just a complete Team. The coaching difference between Maryville and the rest of upper East Tennessee is that these guys have played High School, College and Pro. This is a huge advantage.

WOW! We are undefeated but not as good as last year.........hmm.................players breaking school records like crazy........but not as good as last year...........hmm.............gosh I better look up the word "logical" in the dictionary /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

WOW! We are undefeated but not as good as last year.........hmm.................players breaking school records like crazy........but not as good as last year...........hmm.............gosh I better look up the word "logical" in the dictionary

The problem is your breaking school records that are not very high!

Maryville has a tough game tonight in Rhea Co and if they are still in it next week, they won't slow down vs. SS.

N east TN has been only a speed bump for most teams from regions 3 & 4 at most classes. Good luck this week maybe we'll see you next week. I hope so anyway.

Maryville has a tough game tonight in Rhea Co and if they are still in it next week, they won't slow down vs. SS.

N east TN has been only a speed bump for most teams from regions 3 & 4 at most classes. Good luck this week maybe we'll see you next week. I hope so anyway.

That's saying it plan,SPEED BUMP

The comment was...this years team is not as good as last years team......Considering our fellas have went undefeated and players breaking school records, we ARE a better team.

Oh BTW, "speed bumps" sometimes wreck even the best drivers /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />