East Tennessee got a chance in 4A?

RebelConvert

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike's sons (Little Mike and Nick) are assistant coaches at Mairvul..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I did not know that. I'm either thinking of a different one or the little Mike. My dad was a preacher at Faith when I was like 2. Moved back around 1994 and Mike was there. One I'm thinking about has two kids boy and girl.

I did not know that. I'm either thinking of a different one or the little Mike. My dad was a preacher at Faith when I was like 2. Moved back around 1994 and Mike was there. One I'm thinking about has two kids boy and girl.

Must be a diffunt Mike....This Mike coached Unicoi County in the 70's......Before coming back two Mairvul to be tha furst coach at Will-Yum Blunt..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Must be a diffunt Mike....This Mike coached Unicoi County in the 70's......Before coming back two Mairvul to be tha furst coach at Will-Yum Blunt..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

10-4 little b4 my time. Wonder if any relation. Thanks for input, though. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The last "Great White Hope" from upper east tn. 4A that went into Maryville thumping their chest got a 45-0 butt whoppin'. A game that could of easily been a 80-0 win for Maryville that year if they had wanted to press the issue. That might show you about where you stand.

Don't think anyone's thumping their chest. I also don't think anyone will be going into Maryville for the rest of the year. However, thank you WaCo for that wonderful history lesson. Just wondering about this year. Maryville may good and well bring it home again. I'm just glad South is one of two left standing in this area.

After watching morristown east play south and greenville vs south i dont think south or greenville can meet maryville. Even if it is a down year at Maryville neither team can compare to them. South is not as good as they were last year,just face it. As a matter of fact, i look for Greenville to beat South on friday night. South has a good team but, they dropped to many passes last week when they were crucial needing 1st downs. Also, if they dont kick the ball deep on kickoffs they are just adding to the other teams scoring with field position. South keeps passing when they don t need to. If i were Carter, i would run the QB sweep, hand of to #15 and screen passes all night long. Iwould not throw the ball over 15 yds all night unless it was 3rd and very long. They should control the clock and run off time. This is what Maryville is going to do against whoever they play. If they can beat Greenville and control the ball against Maryville with no turnovers and get one turnover from Maryville they might have a chance. Might!!!! Maryville is a fine tuned machine-no stars-just a complete Team. The coaching difference between Maryville and the rest of upper East Tennessee is that these guys have played High School, College and Pro. This is a huge advantage.

After watching morristown east play south and greenville vs south i dont think south or greenville can meet maryville. Even if it is a down year at Maryville neither team can compare to them. South is not as good as they were last year,just face it. As a matter of fact, i look for Greenville to beat South on friday night. South has a good team but, they dropped to many passes last week when they were crucial needing 1st downs. Also, if they dont kick the ball deep on kickoffs they are just adding to the other teams scoring with field position. South keeps passing when they don t need to. If i were Carter, i would run the QB sweep, hand of to #15 and screen passes all night long. Iwould not throw the ball over 15 yds all night unless it was 3rd and very long. They should control the clock and run off time. This is what Maryville is going to do against whoever they play. If they can beat Greenville and control the ball against Maryville with no turnovers and get one turnover from Maryville they might have a chance. Might!!!! Maryville is a fine tuned machine-no stars-just a complete Team. The coaching difference between Maryville and the rest of upper East Tennessee is that these guys have played High School, College and Pro. This is a huge advantage.

If south had been a little more disciplined on D last year ..they could have gotten it done and from what i saw they have fixed that problem at least what I saw of them that is. And the big thing is Maryville does not beat themselves.

What is Maryville's record against teams they should be playing against? /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

If you go by enrollment, there are lots of schools much bigger than Maryville. Morristown East and West are almost identical in size to Maryville, should they have been a 5a team? No, people just think Maryville should play up because they have one so much in 4a, if thats the case move Knox Fulton and Alcoa to5a also. What about teams like Hillsboro. They've played in about 4 or 5 state championships in 4a this decade? They were the team that beat Morristown West in 2003. And what about Melrose? They have about 10 or 12 that go D-1 or D-1AA EVERY year. And yes Greeneville should be playing in the classification they will be in next year, maybe not the district but definantly the classification.

If you go by enrollment, there are lots of schools much bigger than Maryville. Morristown East and West are almost identical in size to Maryville, should they have been a 5a team? No, people just think Maryville should play up because they have one so much in 4a, if thats the case move Knox Fulton and Alcoa to5a also. What about teams like Hillsboro. They've played in about 4 or 5 state championships in 4a this decade? They were the team that beat Morristown West in 2003. And what about Melrose? They have about 10 or 12 that go D-1 or D-1AA EVERY year. And yes Greeneville should be playing in the classification they will be in next year, maybe not the district but definantly the classification.

First of all going by enrollment is the dumbest decision ever. Teams should play each other based on talent level. Of course if your team is winning everything then its fine and everybody else can get over it. If the same team won every year in college and the pros you would complain unless its your team. No one said every state champ should be 5A. I said they need to play teams their level. Maryville doesn't just win they dominate. They should play tougher competition to make a level playing field. If they dominate at the highest level then so be it they would have no where else to go. They have 5 levels for a reason right? Whats the reason? If Greeneville is competitive now why take a step down? Look my alma matter needs to play .5A but they don't have that.