Morristown East Hurricanes

canefan72

How is offseason workout going? do we have any new players? Are their any plans too send

both QB's to a summer camp.(if G-Tech has one, send them their)

When is spring practices? GO CANES!

I believe there will be some Freshmen moving up who will see early

playing time. Garretson should make a lot of noise before this

season is over if he continues to improve. Ricker shows signs of

being a good QB and Tee Howell is a game breaker when he is on

the field on offense or defense . M-E. should be a contender this year.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe there will be some Freshmen moving up who will see early

playing time. Garretson should make a lot of noise before this

season is over if he continues to improve. Ricker shows signs of

being a good QB and Tee Howell is a game breaker when he is on

the field on offense or defense . M-E. should be a contender this year.

Garretson will have to get stronger to be a factor and get much PT.

Ricker will struggle with the speed of the game at this level early in spring practice but should adjust well.

I have seen stud after stud at the freshman level get a rude awakening when they take the field in the spring. The game moves much faster and the players are much stronger than what they have seen. Most adjust and realize that the step up is in the weight room.

Howell,Johnson,Clark,Penalba,Helton and Christian as well as many others will all be great leaders for this team this year. They all work very hard and have as much of a "team" rather than "me" attitude than any group of seniors could have.

There are a few holes for this team to fill but not many. I think we could see this team emerge as a top contender in 5A if we play to potential and stay healthy.

Spring practice will be in May but I do not have a date yet.

• 5 weeks later...

Projected Lineup for 09'

QB: Hunter Hale(jr.) Tee Howell(sr.) Cody Ricker(so.) will all battle for the spot but the much talented Ricker at QB would leave Howell at his best spot. I think it will end up Ricker.

FB: Dee Dee Johnson with KJ Kelley getting some touches and maybe Matt Helton on Jumbo.

WB: Tee Howell,Brandon Harrison,Tavin Blanton and others will see time. We will be pretty deep at this position

WR: Sandifer returns and did a great job as a soph. Clark may get a few reps here as well.

OL: Lynch,Yount,Penalba all return and Carmack and Haun could round out the OL with others getting good reps.

On D:

The Dline will bring back the Goose(chandler christian) and there will have to be some guys step up. I think the talent is there but it is just a matter of who wins the jobs.

LB: Helton,Broyles and either Rutherford,Bell,or un unemerged player at the other spot.

DB's Blanton and clark for sure and the other spots have the talent, we just needs to see who earns the job.

In short, we bring back 5 on D and 7 on O.

KJ Kelley is now attending Morristown West. Also, the times of the doubleheader in Week Zero are: Fulton-MoWest at 5 p.m. and AE-East at 8 p.m. Of course, those times could change, but it will not be more than an hour earlier.

Thanks for that info. I heard about Kelly and I think he made a mistake. He was second on the team in carries. I think he had more than an opportunity to handle the ball and prove what he could do. As the season went on, Dee Dee Johnson just began to stand out more and took advantage of his chances.

Congratulations Billy---East will miss you. Cassell is a fine replacement.

Another person East will miss is K.J. Kelly. What brought on his move to West ?

No matter what else is said, the issue was carries!!!! I think he had more than enough of a chance to seal the job up but Dee Dee just stood out. I don't think we will miss a backup who did not want to be a cane. I have known him for ages and he is a good kid but I think he may have let a parent decide this for him and it will not really benefit him to move over to west. Love him to death and hate to see him not graduate with the guys he has played with since pee wee but oh well.