What is wrong with Bearden Girls?

mrsbearfan07

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would Bearden play their JV team during the Prepxtra jamboree? It is a shame those seniors who have been playing and practicing their hearts out couldn't play one last time on the UT court.

Maybe becasue they are traveling to Science Hill tonight, and the coach knows that his Varsity are going to play a tough road game? I agree that it would have been nice to play at UT...

JMO.

Why would Bearden play their JV team during the Prepxtra jamboree? It is a shame those seniors who have been playing and practicing their hearts out couldn't play one last time on the UT court.

I totally agree, that was ridiculous. Fearing fatigue can't be an issue because they could have played just 4 minutes, and most of the seniors were there watching the game anyway. Plenty of the teams from last night are playing tough Hall of Fame games tonight and Bearden was the only team to bring their JV and not play their varsity at all. Terrible!! I feel bad for the players and embarrassed for the coaching staff.

Pretty selfish of the coaches I think. Also, I thought there was a rule where you had to bring your varsity team. They are not the only team playing a road game tonight.

Here straight from the TSSAA 2008-2009 handbook if anyone wants to push the issue.

Q. Can a school?€™s junior varsity team participate against another school?€™s varsity team?

A. No. A game is either a varsity game for both teams, a junior varsity game for both teams, or a scrimmage for both teams. An exception may be made by the Executive Director when a school is beginning an athletic program.

That game may have been considered a scrimmage however.

Playing on UT's court is way overrated. No big deal. Just another basketball court with an empty arena. It is much more exciting to play in a hs gym with many more people in attendance.

I don't agree. They were not playing til the next night. atleast let them play a couple minutes. It is a big deal for kids to get to play in Thompson Boling Arena. Why is Bearden girls different from every other team playing?

I don't agree. They were not playing til the next night. atleast let them play a couple minutes. It is a big deal for kids to get to play in Thompson Boling Arena. Why is Bearden girls different from every other team playing?

Resting for a Thursday night game is a terrible excuse...its 4 minutes of running. It gives Bearden a bad image to other teams and fans in the area....like they are "too good" to play in the jamboree.

Resting for a Thursday night game is a terrible excuse...its 4 minutes of running. It gives Bearden a bad image to other teams and fans in the area....like they are "too good" to play in the jamboree.

Looking at today's games, it appears they did that because they play tonight for a regular season game????

Besides, didn't Bearden win that scrimmage?

It would be one thing if their JV was completely embarrassed but quite another if they competed/WON. Which Bearden did.

It's a scrimmage. Most of the coaches use it to work on something, not so much to win. I'm sure Catholic was glad they didn't get embarrassed by their varsity.

• 3 weeks later...