Morgan County Schools need to consodilate..............

TigerDog

The 4 schools in Morgan County are small, Sunbright 154 students, Oakdale 167, Coalfield 224, Wartburg 467. It takes alot of money running these small schools and sports programs. Think of the money the county could save having one high school. There is really no sports tradition to speak of in the county other than Coalfield football. All the money could go to one athletic department. I think we would be better off all the way around.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 4 schools in Morgan County are small, Sunbright 154 students, Oakdale 167, Coalfield 224, Wartburg 467. It takes alot of money running these small schools and sports programs. Think of the money the county could save having one high school. There is really no sports tradition to speak of in the county other than Coalfield football. All the money could go to one athletic department. I think we would be better off all the way around.

I agree /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Morgan County High School /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I meant to say consolidate. I went to Sunbright, what do you expect...lol.... Thats another reason for it, better learning...lol

It will never happen. The county is too big for one school. If they did, the school would have to be built between the fair grounds and Sunbright. They could make a North and South Morgan County high school, but that is it.

Build the school in Wartburg. 12 miles from Sunbright, around 12 from Coalfield, 16 from Oakdale, 16 from Deer Lodge, 18 from Burrville, and around 22 from Chestnut Ridge (Shake Rag). Thats not that bad. Counties all over the state have done it. It could be done. Morgan County isn't that big.