Oneida hosts Trousdale

remade28

I believe you are in for a surprise, Slim. Our effort against Watertown was admittedly subpar by our standards. Has TC played every game to your satisfaction? Oneida is very much on a roll.....the offense is productive and the defense keeps the opponent out of the endzone when they have too. I don't think your going to see the same group you saw at Watertown. They have unquestionably tightened things up.

Kazanity

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man u sayin that it would be a 6 pt. game if not for turnovers is crazy... because if nobody ever turned the dang thing over most games would be close. thats just defense dude. if oneida had not forced all the turnovers they have this year they probably would have lost a few. same probably goes for trousdale, thats just their defense if they played again i guarantee watertown would have a few turnovers... this does not mean trousdale will turn it over any friday but come on man you know thats just apart of the game so quit makin an excuse for why it was a blow out.

man u sayin that it would be a 6 pt. game if not for turnovers is crazy... because if nobody ever turned the dang thing over most games would be close. thats just defense dude. if oneida had not forced all the turnovers they have this year they probably would have lost a few. same probably goes for trousdale, thats just their defense if they played again i guarantee watertown would have a few turnovers... this does not mean trousdale will turn it over any friday but come on man you know thats just apart of the game so quit makin an excuse for why it was a blow out.

I guess you could call 27-3 a blowout.

Just some late numbers to consider.

Oneida

Oneida opponent's winning percentage 51%

Region opponent's winning percentage 50%

Number of opponents with winning records 5

Number of region opponents with winning record 2

Trousdale

Trousdale County opponent's winning percentage 44%

Region opponent's winning percentage 41%

Number of opponents with winning record 5

Number of region opponents with winning record 3

Common opponent: Watertown

Trousdale won twice by scores of 45-7 & 52-14 respectively

Oneida won 27-3 in their sole meeting

Typical signal "A" football, most of the teams are non competitive. It usually takes until the third round to get a good game, we saw this in the South Pitt/ Trousdale match up. Tomorrow night's game should be a dandy, however still signal "A" ball. Both teams have had a great run and I hate to see either take at loss at this point. The biggest win for Trousdale is of course South Pitt which easily beat Marion earlier in the season by a score of 48-13. This score alone opens eyes, since Marion is also in the semis against Alcoa. Oneida's biggest win was against Greenback which had edged AA Loudon, 26-23. Loudon was dropped by Alcoa in the 3rd round last week.

I expect Trousdale to handle the ball a bit better than Greenback, while keeping it on the ground. Bad things happen when Oneida's "D" is passed against. On paper Oneida should lose this one, but I doubt they will lay down and give up the ghost just because they may be outmatched. I pick Oneida in a very close one 24-21. Maybe even an overtime.

oopps, Caught you looking ahead.. I wouldn't do that...

I didn't mean for anyone to take me serious. Just having some fun . I honestly don't know who is picked to win in the west. I haven't thought about anything but this friday since 11pm last friday.I do expect to see one heck of a game tomorrow night . who ever takes this win will be who I will be pulling for at the boro. I only hope it is Oneida.

Just some late numbers to consider.

Oneida

Oneida opponent's winning percentage 51%

Region opponent's winning percentage 50%

Number of opponents with winning records 5

Number of region opponents with winning record 2

Trousdale

Trousdale County opponent's winning percentage 44%

Region opponent's winning percentage 41%

Number of opponents with winning record 5

Number of region opponents with winning record 3

Common opponent: Watertown

Trousdale won twice by scores of 45-7 & 52-14 respectively

Oneida won 27-3 in their sole meeting

Typical signal "A" football, most of the teams are non competitive. It usually takes until the third round to get a good game, we saw this in the South Pitt/ Trousdale match up. Tomorrow night's game should be a dandy, however still signal "A" ball. Both teams have had a great run and I hate to see either take at loss at this point. The biggest win for Trousdale is of course South Pitt which easily beat Marion earlier in the season by a score of 48-13. This score alone opens eyes, since Marion is also in the semis against Alcoa. Oneida's biggest win was against Greenback which had edged AA Loudon, 26-23. Loudon was dropped by Alcoa in the 3rd round last week.

I expect Trousdale to handle the ball a bit better than Greenback, while keeping it on the ground. Bad things happen when Oneida's "D" is passed against. On paper Oneida should lose this one, but I doubt they will lay down and give up the ghost just because they may be outmatched. I pick Oneida in a very close one 24-21. Maybe even an overtime.

Your common opponent stat may be meaningful. The coaches on both sides probably care a lot about the results of the Watertown games. I wouldn't be surprised if they watch (or have already watched) the films of those games. On the other hand, I don't think many people (including coaches) care too much about how successful Red Boiling Springs, Mt Juliet Christan, Oakdale, Cloudland, Sunbright and the respective regions were.

where you at snoball, how you getting to the game or are you operating. i figure that some of those injun's gonna need sum triage after the veins in there neck bust open or they begin to choke on a little crow. and knowing that you are the professional i'm sure that blue ribbon sow you been feeding may give a little mouth to mouth for the right insurance . holler at me if you get on here, at my mothers waiting on a fight from across the street but know one has showed up

where you at snoball, how you getting to the game or are you operating. i figure that some of those injun's gonna need sum triage after the veins in there neck bust open or they begin to choke on a little crow. and knowing that you are the professional i'm sure that blue ribbon sow you been feeding may give a little mouth to mouth for the right insurance . holler at me if you get on here, at my mothers waiting on a fight from across the street but know one has showed up

Hope everyone is having a good Thanksgiving...me and my family skipped the turkey this year and ate Indian meat /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> instead...pretty sure the menu for tomorrow night is left-overs...Get the Reservation ready because in less than 24 hours it is on /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> !!!

There are three potential problems with your post -

(1) Performance against the weakest teams on the schedule doesn't matter near as much as performance against the strongest teams; who cares if TC can beat Red Boiling Springs and Mt. Juliet Christian and Oneida can beat Sunbright and Oakland? Therefore, how relevant is schedule strength when a team plays both the the best and the worst teams and has an average (or less) schedule strength? You should be much more concerned about our victories over South Pittsburg, Friendship Christian, and Smith County than our victories over Red Boiling Springs and Mount Juliet Christian.

(2) You left out the playoff games; Are three playoff victories irrelevant? I think NOT. Is TC's victory over SP irrelevant; I think NOT. It almost looks like you only want to use 10 games instead of 13 games in order to make your team look better. Both teams are where they are because of the results of 13 games, not 10 games.

(3) Both teams have played 5 teams with wining records, and the teams with winning records that TC has played are ranked significantly higher (on the average). Cloudland has a winning record, and they are ranked at 47 out of 60 1A schools (12 notches above Red Boiling Springs).

Oneida Opponents with Winning Records (won more than 50% of their games)

2A Opponents

Cumberland Gap (Ranked 31in 2A)

1A Opponents (Average Ranking = 20.25)

Watertown (Ranked 12 in 1A)

Midway (Ranked 15 in 1A)

Cloudland (Ranked 47 in 1A)

Greenback (Ranked 7 in 1A)

TC's Opponents with Winning Records (won more than 50% of their games)

2A Opponents

Smith County (Ranked 11 in 2A)

1A Opponents (Average Ranking = 9)

Watertown (Ranked 12 in 1A)

Clay County (Ranked 16 in 1A)

Friendship (Ranked 6 in 1A)

South Pittsburg (Ranked 2 in 1A)

If you want to count them, Oneida played one team with a 5-5 record (i.e., Harriman) and TC played one team with a 5-5 record (i.e., Silverdale).

"Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive."

Thats strange, because the rating system I was using (the ap coaches poll) when Oneida beat Midway they were ranked 8th, and when they beat greenback they were ranked 5th. what ranking system are you using? perhaps your using one and im using another.

I also think rockwood went 5-5 regular season, a pretty decent 2 a school in a division thats loaded every year.

I used regular season only because thats who they SCHEDULE. you dont control who you play in the playoffs. This is hardest schedule, not hardest schedule + playoff games. If SP was on your regular 10 games, I would understand using it, but Oneida had Greenback on thiers(yes, a region game, but still there nonetheless.) I also did this because, last I checked, rankings dont exist in the playoffs other than your seed.

I'm merely saying this. I dont think many people would argue that Oneida had a tougher schedule. It wont help them one bit i don't think either. I also don't think Trousdale's schedule will help them one bit(except maybe playing in a very tight, very important game) more than Oneida's.

One way or another, tomorrow will be a heck of a game, most definately worth my drive up there.

Er....., JF90 I think you just repeated yourself buddy. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Screen Name: Stifler.....boy are you gonna get people to take you seriously? Snobutt, is a Doc or a Vet? We'll be OK, not a whole lot of crow to be eatin' up here.....just Turkey. I'll watch the board a little while.....my prediction will be forthcoming! I know.....woooooo! To save some suspense it will be Oneida, just have to figure what numbers look right.

Kazzy