Oneida hosts Trousdale

remade28

Right! and Oneida took theirs off....Then TC put theirs back ON the entire 1st quarter. I saw the coach...in the press box slowly take his head set off after 1,500 fans were pointing at him.

It didnt make that much difference in the game. but its cheap and weak and bush league. Bad Form.

um, you do realize that the coach in the box with a headset isnt doing much when the coaches on the field DONT have one, which i assume, when the ref came over they took theres off...maybe he just likes to feel the headset on his head or somethin.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but its cheap and weak and bush league. Bad Form.

i gotta agree. that little stunt was very bush league. hard to have respect for coaches that pull stunts like that.

it takes nothing away from the trousdale kids though. man, what a hard nosed bunch of competitors. this was a great game: smash mouth, war in the trenches, just like we all knew it would be.

who is better between south pittsburg and oneida doesn't really matter, but this game was very much in jeopardy throughout. oneida had the ball inside trousdale's one yard line and didn't score (did get a safety a couple of plays later). an interception in the end zone by trousdale. a 4th and 3 deep in trousdale territory with oneida down 20-10 and a player steps offsides. reverse the outcome of those 3 plays, and it's a much different ballgame.

i gotta agree. that little stunt was very bush league. hard to have respect for coaches that pull stunts like that.

it takes nothing away from the trousdale kids though. man, what a hard nosed bunch of competitors. this was a great game: smash mouth, war in the trenches, just like we all knew it would be.

who is better between south pittsburg and oneida doesn't really matter, but this game was very much in jeopardy throughout. oneida had the ball inside trousdale's one yard line and didn't score (did get a safety a couple of plays later). an interception in the end zone by trousdale. a 4th and 3 deep in trousdale territory with oneida down 20-10 and a player steps offsides. reverse the outcome of those 3 plays, and it's a much different ballgame.

Now you are starting to sound like Smith County.

um, you do realize that the coach in the box with a headset isnt doing much when the coaches on the field DONT have one, which i assume, when the ref came over they took theres off...maybe he just likes to feel the headset on his head or somethin.

The best part...was after they got busted....hey! the headset work! You ASSUME wrong. That's why everyone started pointing in the first place. Why are you wearing a head set if the joker in the box isnt?

It DID NOT make a difference in the game! TC made more plays that Oneida. Plain and simple. I take my hat off to those boys from Hartsville. They played very well. Coach Cheaty....not so much.

Is anyone from Trousdale/SP willing to admit Oneida is any good now?

Congrats Trousdale

We didn't say you were'nt any good. We said you weren't as good as both of us and the only reason you all were playing tonight is because you didn't have to play one of us sooner, and what in the world are you talking about the game being in doubt till the final whistle. Dude 20-10 at the start of the 4th quarter is a little breathing room compared to last week's game being 6-5 with 4 minutes to go and then 13-6 with a minute to go,now that's what you call going down to the wire. As for you all calling there Coach a cheat,GET A LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Shocker0

We didn't say you were'nt any good. We said you weren't as good as both of us and the only reason you all were playing tonight is because you didn't have to play one of us sooner, and what in the world are you talking about the game being in doubt till the final whistle. Dude 20-10 at the start of the 4th quarter is a little breathing room compared to last week's game being 6-5 with 4 minutes to go and then 13-6 with a minute to go,now that's what you call going down to the wire. As for you all calling there Coach a cheat,GET A LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Oneida must habve a better offense than you guys. You guys were the ones that put up 82-0 on someone this season, and Trousdale held you to 6. Oneida got into the double digits. Oneida had opportunities to win this game. Listening to last weeks game and this weeks game it was pretty obvious taht Oneida moved the ball a lot better than South Pitt (The most overrated team in the history of high school football) was able to against Trousdale.

I have a life. I also have a bible and a constitution. Both are BLACK AND WHITE. It was a cheap, dirty stunt. Very unbecoming of a team like Trousdale County.

I dont care that Oneida lost. The Indians played as well as they could tonight and represented Oneida well. But the headset stunt. Geeeeeeez, that is pretty sorry.

I am having trouble understanding Creasy's stunt. Did the refereee make both sides refrain from using their headsets because they weren't working on one side? Then, are you saying TC put theirs own or left them on after they stopped working? Please explain.

How about some more IFs?

If TC hadn't run a QB sneak with 4th and inches to go, they might have made a first down and then scored a TD.

If TC had continued to run plays and used their timeouts instead of kneeling and running out the clock during the last minute, they might have scored another touchdown that would have made the score 30-10.

If Brent Ford (Mr. Football Finalist) had not been injured what might have happened?

If Oneida hadn't scored a safety, TC might have scored a touchdown on that series of downs.

If TC had played poorly and made more mistakes, Oneida might have won.

WHAT IF ............ (the list goes on and on)

I am having trouble understanding Creasy's stunt. Did the refereee make both sides refrain from using their headsets because they weren't working on one side? Then, are you saying TC put theirs own or left them on after they stopped working? Please explain.

How about some more IFs?

If TC hadn't run a QB sneak with 4th and inches to go, they might have made a first down and then scored a TD.

If TC had continued to run plays and used their timeouts instead of kneeling and running out the clock during the last minute, they might have scored another touchdown that would have made the score 30-10.

If Brent Ford (Mr. Football Finalist) had not been injured what might have happened?

If Oneida hadn't scored a safety, TC might have scored a touchdown on that series of downs.

If TC had played poorly and made more mistakes, Oneida might have won.

WHAT IF ............ (the list goes on and on)

Yes. After the first play, both sides took their headsets off because TC's headsets were not working.

Then, TC coaching staff put theirs back on WITHOUT telling Oneida.

It wasn't caught until the end of the 1st quarter. Then, by a miralce....the headset that the coach in the press was wearing (I saw him take it off) was working and both sides used their headsets.

IF Oneida had made more plays...they MIGHT have won. The headset thing made no difference in the game, other than make Coach Cheaty look really bad.

I sincerely hope Brent is ok and can play next week and I will be rooting for TC, all the way. This has nothing to do with the boys. However, utterly classless coaching. Especially considering it was all so meaningless.