White House @ Knox Catholic

chokeonaloaf

White House is a very well coached team (the coaching staff has been together for 20 years). They are also a very disciplined team. We have made the playoffs 17 straight years, and 24 out of the past 25 years. We won the title in 1997 with a very talented balanced team, beating Memphis Melrose. That Melrose team had cedric Wilson and kendall moorehead, both NFL players, on it. White House will not be out coached and could win tight games on coaching alone. We lost ion the semi-finals in 2004, losing to undefeated Melrose. (our only loss of the year)

We have a very balanced team with a really good QB that can throw the ball, and 2 great RB's. We alos have multiple WR's that can make big catches and a very good OL that can be dominating. We run a pro style offense, with a power I variation. We can throw and we can definitly run. On defense we are also very good. We face the wing T formation more times than any other formation as our arch rivals portland and greenbrier both run it, as well as Station Camp and a couple other teams in our region. We know how to defend the wing T, and have lots and lots of experience facing it.

The scoring differential someone brought up is not really showing the whole story as there were at least 4 games the starters were pulled at halftime. And for at least 2-3 more games the starters were pulled by the 4th qtr. Coach Porter will not run up the score but he will make sure it is out of reach. Classy coaching and program overall.

I hope for KC sake they can contain both the run and pass b/c we can beat you with both. We have good size on both lines and will not be pushed around by anybody. We have shaped up alot and gotten better since the Alcoa loss, and would love a rematch with them. But that can't happen. This is a experienced team that has been the underdog on the road and won before.

I don't know much about KC, other than what people have wrote on here. They run a wing T offensive set. White House has faced this many times and will know how to defend it. They have alot of speed. WH has alot of speed to and knows how to defend faster teams. We are very well coached on containing speedy offenses. KC seems to have a good defense but have they faced a offense that isn't one dimensional this year? WH can pass and run very efficiently. If you commit to stop one the other can win the game. We have had games with multiple 100+ yards rushers and games with multiple 100+ yard receivers. The QB has thrown for 400+ yards in a single game this year so he can beat you with his arm.

WH has a very good fanbase and travels well. The guy that said station camp out numbered WH fans is an idiot as it was 4-1 WH fans easily. We will not bring anywhere close to 5,000 but I would definitly expect 1,000-1,500 WH fans to show up and be very very loud. This is a good ole boy fan base that will drown out the home fans if they aren't loud from before the game starts to afterwards.

Without knowing too much about KC I'm not going to predict a WH blowout win or vice versa as more than likely it will be a close game. I think it will be high scoring. It will be hard to keep WH under 28 points. If KC gets behind they better hope they can pass. If WH gets a lead and forces KC to go away from their running game KC could be in trouble.

I say White House wins 28-17 or somewhere around there. But that is without knowing much about KC. They could be (and probably are) a very good team and could easily pull out the W. I see a very physical tight game. KC better be ready to get down and dirty in the trenches b/c WH will be coming out to punch them in the mouth and let them know early how the game will be. Very physical.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White House is a very well coached team (the coaching staff has been together for 20 years). They are also a very disciplined team. We have made the playoffs 17 straight years, and 24 out of the past 25 years. We won the title in 1997 with a very talented balanced team, beating Memphis Melrose. That Melrose team had cedric Wilson and kendall moorehead, both NFL players, on it. White House will not be out coached and could win tight games on coaching alone. We lost ion the semi-finals in 2004, losing to undefeated Melrose. (our only loss of the year)

We have a very balanced team with a really good QB that can throw the ball, and 2 great RB's. We alos have multiple WR's that can make big catches and a very good OL that can be dominating. We run a pro style offense, with a power I variation. We can throw and we can definitly run. On defense we are also very good. We face the wing T formation more times than any other formation as our arch rivals portland and greenbrier both run it, as well as Station Camp and a couple other teams in our region. We know how to defend the wing T, and have lots and lots of experience facing it.

The scoring differential someone brought up is not really showing the whole story as there were at least 4 games the starters were pulled at halftime. And for at least 2-3 more games the starters were pulled by the 4th qtr. Coach Porter will not run up the score but he will make sure it is out of reach. Classy coaching and program overall.

I hope for KC sake they can contain both the run and pass b/c we can beat you with both. We have good size on both lines and will not be pushed around by anybody. We have shaped up alot and gotten better since the Alcoa loss, and would love a rematch with them. But that can't happen. This is a experienced team that has been the underdog on the road and won before.

I don't know much about KC, other than what people have wrote on here. They run a wing T offensive set. White House has faced this many times and will know how to defend it. They have alot of speed. WH has alot of speed to and knows how to defend faster teams. We are very well coached on containing speedy offenses. KC seems to have a good defense but have they faced a offense that isn't one dimensional this year? WH can pass and run very efficiently. If you commit to stop one the other can win the game. We have had games with multiple 100+ yards rushers and games with multiple 100+ yard receivers. The QB has thrown for 400+ yards in a single game this year so he can beat you with his arm.

WH has a very good fanbase and travels well. The guy that said station camp out numbered WH fans is an idiot as it was 4-1 WH fans easily. We will not bring anywhere close to 5,000 but I would definitly expect 1,000-1,500 WH fans to show up and be very very loud. This is a good ole boy fan base that will drown out the home fans if they aren't loud from before the game starts to afterwards.

Without knowing too much about KC I'm not going to predict a WH blowout win or vice versa as more than likely it will be a close game. I think it will be high scoring. It will be hard to keep WH under 28 points. If KC gets behind they better hope they can pass. If WH gets a lead and forces KC to go away from their running game KC could be in trouble.

I say White House wins 28-17 or somewhere around there. But that is without knowing much about KC. They could be (and probably are) a very good team and could easily pull out the W. I see a very physical tight game. KC better be ready to get down and dirty in the trenches b/c WH will be coming out to punch them in the mouth and let them know early how the game will be. Very physical.

Cedric Wilson graduated the year before. Moorehead and Dewayne Robertson were the big names on the '97 Melrose squad.

HEY WHFAN 07 IF YOU GUYS BRING A LOT OF FANS GIT THERE EARLY KNOX CATLICK WAS NO PLACE FOR THE FANS TO SIT MOST GOOD PUBLIC SCHOOLS THAT HAS A BIG BAND WILL TAKE MOST OF IT UP. IF WH HAS LOUD FANS YOU GUYS WILL TAKE OVER THE PLACE THERE FANS ARE A LOT LIKE TN VOL FANS VERY QUITE.GOODLUCK TO THE NON-SCHOLARSHIPS SCHOOLS! KNOX CATLICK THEY SHOULD BE PUT BACK IN THE FINACIAL AID DIVISION WITH TEAMS LIKE BRENTWOOD THAT HAS ALL THE FINACIAL HELP FROM BOOSTERS.

WHY DOES YOU HAVE TO TYPE IN ALL KAPITAL LETTYURS?

I didn't know we were the underdog. But we were the underdog against Alcoa, Beech, and Station Camp - both times. So being an underdog doesn't bother me at all. I like it that way.

On to another subject - Can someone let the WH fans know about the stadium? Is there a home side and a visitor side or is it just one side like at ND in Chattanooga? If there is a visitor side, about how many people does it seat?Thanks

name='chokeonaloaf' date='Nov 23 2008 - 06:02 PM' post='826968995']

Looks like someone is taking being the underdog for once pretty personally. Listen, no Catholic fan or anyone who is pulling for Catholic ever said WH might as well not show up. Many many people are saying that Catholic will win the game. However, that does not mean that they will because of a prediction. The underdog has won before. Ease up on us Catholic fans because they're favored over White House. Just because the prediction says Catholic will win doesn't mean you have to take offense to it and start rambling off how we're saying you shouldn't show up. Your so used to being favored over everybody, when your finally the underdogs your acting like Catholic is looking past this game. They aren't. This is the semi finals. Catholic is definitely preparing harder than any other game for this.

tennesseevols-Don't be making Lipscomb game predictions. You're looking past this game.

BDO79 if you go get there early the place is small no place to sit they dont spend there FINACIAL BOOSTER AID ON THE STADIUM GOODLUCK and if you are a player watch for chop blocks & holding they will get your knees.

I didn't know we were the underdog. But we were the underdog against Alcoa, Beech, and Station Camp - both times. So being an underdog doesn't bother me at all. I like it that way.

On to another subject - Can someone let the WH fans know about the stadium? Is there a home side and a visitor side or is it just one side like at ND in Chattanooga? If there is a visitor side, about how many people does it seat?Thanks

name='chokeonaloaf' date='Nov 23 2008 - 06:02 PM' post='826968995']

Looks like someone is taking being the underdog for once pretty personally. Listen, no Catholic fan or anyone who is pulling for Catholic ever said WH might as well not show up. Many many people are saying that Catholic will win the game. However, that does not mean that they will because of a prediction. The underdog has won before. Ease up on us Catholic fans because they're favored over White House. Just because the prediction says Catholic will win doesn't mean you have to take offense to it and start rambling off how we're saying you shouldn't show up. Your so used to being favored over everybody, when your finally the underdogs your acting like Catholic is looking past this game. They aren't. This is the semi finals. Catholic is definitely preparing harder than any other game for this.

tennesseevols-Don't be making Lipscomb game predictions. You're looking past this game.

BDO79 if you go get there early the place is small no place to sit they dont spend there FINACIAL BOOSTER AID ON THE STADIUM GOODLUCK and if you are a player watch for chop blocks & holding they will get your knees.

Just to be clear, KC runs the WingBone, not the Wing T...there is a difference. The concept is similar but you don't defense it the same way. KC is a very well coached team and they run their offense to perfection. You won't get any penetration between the tackles and you won't stop the offense unless you play very very disciplined football. I have not heard one thing about how disciplined White House is, but they should be ready. KC isn't going to give up, they will fight to the very end.

I won't make a prediction because I honestly know very little about White House. I know a couple of the KC coaches spoke highly of what they saw on film so I'm predicting a very good game.

It doesn't take much courage to get on these boards and run your mouth. That being said I am a fan of KC, but I know little to nothing about White House. But, having played for Coach P, I know an awful lot about Catholic. They do run the "WingBone", not the WingT. Its a hybrid between the wishbone and wingT. These players for KC have been running this offense since they were kids in the feeder program. KC will run the offense mistake free, and they will throw the ball if they have to. This offense has progressed greatly and has more wrinkles than you could ever imagine. It is extremely difficult to defend. Catholic has some great athletes, and they will be prepared for a great game come Friday night.

Maybe YOU are misinformed......

In 2004 Greenbrier and White House both went to Memphis for the Semi's...White House lost to Melrose and Greenbrier won over Kingsbury. In the 2004 State Championship, Greenbrier is the Runnerup with a loss to Fulton.

I WASN'T TALKING ABOUT GREENBRIER NUMBNUTS. IM AWARE OF GREENBRIER'S TRIUMPHS. THE DISCUSSION WAS ABOUT WH AND KNOX CATH. SO IM NOT SURE WHY YOU BROUGHT THAT UP. BUT I'LL TAKE THE HIGH ROAD AND WON'T MENTION THAT WHITE HOUSE BEAT GREENBRIER ABOUT 20 GAMES IN A ROW. YEA I'LL TAKE THE HIGH ROAD AND NOT BRING THAT UP.

WELL PUT!