Mitchell vs DL again.

Galilee

Listen to yourself....you seem to forget the ruthless beating you took on here back in August from several region 5-3a fans....because you kept referring to all the things Mitchell had done....most of it NON-FOOTBALL related of course. You admitted yourself you barged in our thread because you had no fans over there. Don't start with this name calling crap....you are in way over your head. I hope the rest of the Region 5-3a fans get on here and support our representative. You had a geography problem in August and you still do. I have never discussed EAST TN football. I live in MIDDLE TN...yes..MIDDLE TN..look at your map.....not west or east but in the MIDDLE. That is where your team is coming this week.

Remember you started all of this in August when you jumped on the region 5-3a thread and started yapping about Mitchell. You even left a connection thread to a Memphis newspaper article about your scholl that had something to do with girls basketball. You got your wish....now deal with it

Here it is Saturday and you already have started barking about the officials. Let's line that up as excuse #1 for losing this week. You are saying that DL needs to bring their A game. You got to be kidding. They are the state champs, they are playing at home...and you have the gall to tell them to bring their A game. They always bring their A game. Do you bring a different game because of the officials?...boo hoo...start your crying now. I really think that you guys are afraid to come over here and play

I am still waiting to hear about ONE ...yes....one single signature victory Mitchell football has had over a team after they have had a long road trip. Meanwhile, while you research that info, I will grow a long beard.

Do you really think if I show up it will make a difference?

The only thing I will do is to make sure the Mitchell bus is pointed in the right direction to get out of Dodge as soon as possible after they get beat.

First of all, aren't you a Page High School fan or something ? So, why are you riding DL's bandwagon ? Where is Page ?

Well let me also say this to you Father Of Time, history is important, but we won't sit here and focus on the past. My reference to last year's game officiating is an accurate one. Mitchell was better than DL, and they are probably the better team this year. I have seen the game from last year's semifinal several of times and there was lop-sided officiating. We're not going to focus on the refs. We believe if Mitchell does what Mitchell does best ,then everything else will fall in place. It's easy to sit back on the winning side of the ball and claim that the refs were not a factor, but look at the calls on paper and you will see the huge disparity between the teams in penalties. However, that is neither here nor there at this point. Like I said, I have changed course and will refrain from messageboard mayhem. Once again, If the refs remain neutral and truly assess penalties when they are necessary Mitchell will win by 2 td's if not more.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, aren't you a Page High School fan or something ? So, why are you riding DL's bandwagon ? Where is Page ?

Well let me also say this to you Father Of Time, history is important, but we won't sit here and focus on the past. My reference to last year's game officiating is an accurate one. Mitchell was better than DL, and they are probably the better team this year. I have seen the game from last year's semifinal several of times and there was lop-sided officiating. We're not going to focus on the refs. We believe if Mitchell does what Mitchell does best ,then everything else will fall in place. It's easy to sit back on the winning side of the ball and claim that the refs were not a factor, but look at the calls on paper and you will see the huge disparity between the teams in penalties. However, that is neither here nor there at this point. Like I said, I have changed course and will refrain from messageboard mayhem. Once again, If the refs remain neutral and truly assess penalties when they are necessary Mitchell will win by 2 td's if not more.

I guess I will be the one to change your name to "cluelesshighschoolking"

I am from Page which is in Region 5-3a and we play in DL's region. I have always supported Region 5 when my team got eliminated and that goes back to when Greenbrier was in our region. We have knocked off the winner from your area FIVE years in a row.....and ..oh yeah...this Region is located in MIDDLE TN around Nashville..please check your map or have someone show you where it is.

Don't play dumb. You are the guy who got on our Region thread and boasted about your team and the alleged shaft job they got last year. You ragged everybody then and now if you can't take it ...shove off. Don't worry there will be enough DL fans on here. vandy1 does stay on topic......I am here to protect and defend

So far...it looks like this.....

1- You insult people.

2- You already have made officiating a big topic and excuse for defeat. What a pitiful post and the game is days away.

3. You have provided no Mitchell evidence of a signature victory a long way from home. Why is this critical this week?.....you are going "someplace" you have never been before with any success.

Honestly, I don't think you know a thing about this state or football outside of Memphis.

I have also watched that game several times. Mitchell fans cried foul on one of the last plays of the game. I will remind you that your center tried to snap the ball before the play was set. Also, instead of throwing the ball away in the closing minutes of the game, your QB was scrambling around instead of trying to stop the clock. Lipscomb made the plays and the one to Rogers was the key one of the game. I would suspect the officiating crew will be coming from west tennessee.

You make yourself sound ridiculous when you blame the refs for a loss. You lose any remaining credibility when you claim Mitchell was better last year than Lipscomb. As for this year, i guess we'll see...

No one has answered my question about Mitchell players arm strength in relation to helmet tossing... Can they get a helmet into the stands?

I'm not saying Mitchell is going to win (which I hope they do), but to be arrogant and claim they have no chance whatsoever is obsurd. This is the state semi's and EVERY team will be coming with everything they've got. I'm not from Mitchell, in fact, I live about 130 miles from Memphis. I watched DL last year in the state championships. They were very good and did everything right. There's no need to get arrogant though.

I cant speak for all the fans but im sure when it comes to the players friday night humbled them alot. The Mustangs remember their last match-up with Mitchell and they know Mitchell is a great team and is capable of beating them. I think the Mustangs get the win but im not sure how easy it will be...

Yeah I told you in August that I would be back, because you ran your mouth about the east Tennessee teams are this and that. I careless about how you will run your mouth. I prasy that you will be at the game this Fri. This will settle it once and for all. Mitchell IMO is the best team in the state in 3A and we will be out to prove it Friday. Hopefully, the refs will not be a factor as they were last year. I have read other threads about how the refs are biased towards DL. I experienced it last year in Memphis. Coach Cole made a few bad decisions in the loss last year to DL and the refs did their part to make 98% of the calls in favor of DL. If the refs remain neutral, it won't be close . If you remember Mitchell was winning 18 - 6 last year late in the 4th quarter and the yellow flags began flying like FedEx airplanes. Yeah, the final score was 20 - 18 with DL winning the game. I was upset because the players did everything right. They have not forgot as the article from The Commercial Appeal ( Mitchell blows it ) has been posted in the weightroom since May to remind them of the game. We will be focused, prepared, and ready for battle. I am going to change course and not engage in a messageboard verbal war, yeah I called bulldog a coward ( a little pun from the summer posts) however, I as well as the boys are focused on what is at hand Friday night. DL is going to have to bring thier A game for this one to compete !

i listened to that game on the radio and to me it sounds like the lipscomb boys played their hearts out and never gave up. If you just looked at the differences in wieght on the line you could of seen that lipscomb was undersized, but never gave up. lipscomb very mush so deserved that win. and if the mitchell players would of known the rules of football they would have had on more play(you cant spot the ball yourself the ref has to), also they very clearly do not know how to handle losing or how to compose themsevles when they lose. Ohh and should TSSAA provide bulletprove vests to the mustangs during this game. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

While David Lipscomb is very good, I am not ready to crown them yet.

There are clearly chinks in their armor, but they are small and you have to attack them deliberatly.

David Lipscomb's line of scrimmage (offensive and defensive) is not as good as it has been in the past. If you look at game that DL has struggled in over the past few years (Goodpasture, Fulton, Bolivar, Giles). You will see teams that run not throw. You will also see that the teams don't run wide, but rather right at them. Why is this successful? Because DL tends to be undersized up front. Most of the time they are slanting those front three to make up for their lack of size. The problem with beating them is that their linebackers and secondary are very good. It is a requirement that you be 6'3 and 200lbs to be a Mustang linebacker. Evan Webb, Michael Saggio, and Ben Brewer have a ton of experience.

If you throw... don't throw it deep. Rogers is lurking back there and Kyle Lehning is good as well. You have to be content with running the ball, running the clock, and a steady intermediate passing game.

Offensivley Lipscomb is a machine. Their play execution is outstanding and cannot be prepared for in a week's time. You have to have already been exposed to their system to have any chance of defending them for an entire game (Mitchell should be okay here in that they played them last year and obviously defended them well). But DL also has a couple of chinks on offense. The offensive guards are only around 200lbs so they won't be able to bring much punch once they get to you. They rely on timing and quickness. If Mitchell has a big, fast, front seven it could cause DL problems. Also, DL primary ball carrier is only a sophomore. Although he is good; he is still just a sophomore. Rogers is a threat to go all the way any time he touches the ball, but he can be taken away (Giles proved this last game). Saggio is a great linebacker, but just okay as a runner. Simpson is a talent at quarterback, but the system doesn't call for him to do too much. Lehning is a great second option at receiver, but I wouldn't call Lipscomb's passing game very sophisticated.

I had better stop, because I am starting to convince myself that Lipscomb can be easily beat... they can't. You have to take care of the ball and not commit penalties. Also, you have to keep playing your game regardless of how good or bad you are playing. Example: Last year Bolivar came out and blasted DL... for 1 quarter. Then they got all happy with themselves and lost focus... DL came back. Then they quit doing what had given them success and DL blew them out.

I don't know much about Mitchell other than they almost beat DL last year. How much did you lose off of that team? What are the strengths of your team this year?

i listened to that game on the radio and to me it sounds like the lipscomb boys played their hearts out and never gave up. If you just looked at the differences in wieght on the line you could of seen that lipscomb was undersized, but never gave up. lipscomb very mush so deserved that win. and if the mitchell players would of known the rules of football they would have had on more play(you cant spot the ball yourself the ref has to), also they very clearly do not know how to handle losing or how to compose themsevles when they lose. Ohh and should TSSAA provide bulletprove vests to the mustangs during this game. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Do me a favor in the future while you are responding to a post, look above this message box in the gray box. Do you see the ABC with a check under it ? Yeah that one, from now on please click that button once you're finished with your post. You may find it very beneficial.

The refs were biased and everyone knows it. Mitchell's coaching can take alot of the blame in that loss as well. I did not agree or condone the behavior of a few of the players after the game. My hats went off to DL, because I love their never say die attitude and fight. Any other team would have quit in the 4th quarter when Mitchell was leading 18 - 6. DL is a great team from a mental standpoint and I applaud the coachng staff for having them mentally prepared. I will say this year's Mitchell team is more talented than the team from last year.

You make yourself sound ridiculous when you blame the refs for a loss. You lose any remaining credibility when you claim Mitchell was better last year than Lipscomb. As for this year, i guess we'll see...

No one has answered my question about Mitchell players arm strength in relation to helmet tossing... Can they get a helmet into the stands?

If you were at the game, you know Mitchell was the better team. However, the better team did not win on that night ( Nov. 30th) yeah we have kept that night in our heads for an entire year. Mitchell pushed DL up and down the field. The freshman RB 6'2 225 lbs had 167 yds rushing. Oh and by the way he is back and he is bigger, faster, stronger, and might I add still p.i.s.s.e.d. He has over 1300 rushing this year splitting time with some new weapons that were acquired after the season last year that you guys didn't see. So get ready, because it will go down on Friday. Don't expect the same team and outcome from last year ! In our minds this is the state championship ! It's business and personal this time.