Mitchell vs DL again.

Galilee

Actually, there are 5 teams in region 8, not four so check your facts. Besides, these schools play in the region TSSAA tells them too

Also, the #4 seed from Region 8 beat McNairy by almost the same score Region 5's #2 seed did in the playoffs, since you have a tendency to want to look at things on a Region basis, as opposed to team vs. team. Am I implying 8 is better than 5, no, I'm just putting it out there for comparison purposes since you obviously have a low opinion of region 8

Regarding Mitchell winning 100 miles away from home, they actually did that last week at Dyersburg, so what's your point?

My point was about "any signature victories in football" that Mitchell has had. I had started out with a range of 200 miles and obviously cluelessking couldn't answer. While Dyersburg had a good team, it would NOT be a signature victory on the road.

I am not implying that Region 5 is better than region 8. I KNOW they are better and have been for 5 years straight.

It wouldn't do you any good to point out anything as far as region 8 compared to Region 5. Region 5 has won 5 in a row over that #7-#8. The region 5 had several good teams this year. My team was a #4 seed and knocked off the #1 seed in region 6 that beat teams in region 7. Point is this. When you have 8 teams in a region....well in Middle TN anyway, it develops depth. I am always amazed at the number of 3a schools in the West that can go 0-10

Mitchell would be beaten by our #2 seed Giles Co which DL barely beat. Maybe we could work up a game for you all and Giles.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look for lipscomb to wins this one then on to the boro to kick some catholic behind.region 5 3a has you back DL. thanks bulldog for getting behind giles co. in this thread.

We appreciate you saying that. Going back to Giles briefly they gave an outstanding effort both times the teams met. I think the better team overall won the game last friday, but I think the better team on Friday night lost.. If that makes any sense. IMO those were the two best teams in the state playing on Friday night and that game was the deciding 3A champion. But I have been wrong before. We will just have to wait and see.

highschoolking obviously must have been inhaling with the rest of potheads we kept smelling during the game.

I would like to thank tnsprtsfn1 for setting the record straight on the score. Mitchell only led for a couple of minutes in the whole game. They scored with two something minutes left to go up 18-13. This is what actually happened highschoolking despite your ranting.

You also like to cry about officiating. Your team probably did get penalized more in the game. It is because they have almost no discipline. That comes from coaching; but, then you wouldn't have experienced that.

I will take nothing from your team though; they were the best team we played last year. Substantially better than Fulton. This despite what easttnfootballexpert thinks. He still thinks football was invented somewhere east of the plateau. Your quarterback is the best qb we have faced in the playoffs in the last seven years for sure.

highschoolking obviously must have been inhaling with the rest of potheads we kept smelling during the game.

I would like to thank tnsprtsfn1 for setting the record straight on the score. Mitchell only led for a couple of minutes in the whole game. They scored with two something minutes left to go up 18-13. This is what actually happened highschoolking despite your ranting.

You also like to cry about officiating. Your team probably did get penalized more in the game. It is because they have almost no discipline. That comes from coaching; but, then you wouldn't have experienced that.

I will take nothing from your team though; they were the best team we played last year. Substantially better than Fulton. This despite what easttnfootballexpert thinks. He still thinks football was invented somewhere east of the plateau. Your quarterback is the best qb we have faced in the playoffs in the last seven years for sure.

I might would disagree with the QB comment. Brandon Janco of Goodpasture had a great arm for high school football.

My point was about "any signature victories in football" that Mitchell has had. I had started out with a range of 200 miles and obviously cluelessking couldn't answer. While Dyersburg had a good team, it would NOT be a signature victory on the road.

I am not implying that Region 5 is better than region 8. I KNOW they are better and have been for 5 years straight.

It wouldn't do you any good to point out anything as far as region 8 compared to Region 5. Region 5 has won 5 in a row over that #7-#8. The region 5 had several good teams this year. My team was a #4 seed and knocked off the #1 seed in region 6 that beat teams in region 7. Point is this. When you have 8 teams in a region....well in Middle TN anyway, it develops depth. I am always amazed at the number of 3a schools in the West that can go 0-10

Mitchell would be beaten by our #2 seed Giles Co which DL barely beat. Maybe we could work up a game for you all and Giles.

What constitutes a signature victory? Seems like a moving target.

David Lipscomb has proven the last five years they are better than any of the Region 7 or 8 teams. However, no one else in the region 5 has been able to prove that. Their combined records against current Region 7 or 8-3A teams is 0-1 (looks like Page lost to Crockett County was the only one I saw). Lipscomb is 3-0 pending their game with Mitchell this week. As I mentioned in a previous post, you're in a region with a great team, nothing more nothing less.

All three of the regions being discussed had an 0-10 team this season, so I don't see where you're amazed there.

Page beating Southside, congratulations (no sarcasm intended). However, your logic becomes flawed when the #2 seed from 6 beat the #3 seed from 5. If they were soooo much better I would think it would be a clean sweep. That just makes it look like Page pulled an upset. That's what I was getting at when I mentioned earlier about Hillcrest beating McNairy by almost the same score as Giles.

I might would disagree with the QB comment. Brandon Janco of Goodpasture had a great arm for high school football.

Decent quarterback in Janco. Not in the league with Ken Torry though.

I would rate Bo Wallace better than Janco too. Different type of quarterback; but, gifted. Not a great thrower but really runs the option well. As good as he is at quarterback, he looks like a college safety to me. A really good one.

David Lipscomb has proven the last five years they are better than any of the Region 7 or 8 teams. However, no one else in the region 5 has been able to prove that. Their combined records against current Region 7 or 8-3A teams is 0-1 (looks like Page lost to Crockett County was the only one I saw). Lipscomb is 3-0 pending their game with Mitchell this week. As I mentioned in a previous post, you're in a region with a great team, nothing more nothing less.

All three of the regions being discussed had an 0-10 team this season, so I don't see where you're amazed there.

Page beating Southside, congratulations (no sarcasm intended). However, your logic becomes flawed when the #2 seed from 6 beat the #3 seed from 5. If they were soooo much better I would think it would be a clean sweep. That just makes it look like Page pulled an upset. That's what I was getting at when I mentioned earlier about Hillcrest beating McNairy by almost the same score as Giles.

All of this just proves how weak the western half of the state really is. Last year was a fluke for Lipscomb....Fulton had some bad injuries....and Lipscomb got all the calls...Fulton was way better and Mitchell was better than Lipscomb last year. If Lipscomb doesn't bring their A game Mitchell will put a whippin on them.....if they bring their A game it will be close...I Like Lipscomb because McCadams is probably the best coach in the history of Tennessee high school football but he always has trouble with east teams...Catholic is just waiting to launch a few "hail Mary's" on them....

All of this just proves how weak the western half of the state really is. Last year was a fluke for Lipscomb....Fulton had some bad injuries....and Lipscomb got all the calls...Fulton was way better and Mitchell was better than Lipscomb last year. If Lipscomb doesn't bring their A game Mitchell will put a whippin on them.....if they bring their A game it will be close...I Like Lipscomb because McCadams is probably the best coach in the history of Tennessee high school football but he always has trouble with east teams...Catholic is just waiting to launch a few "hail Mary's" on them....

In looking at the Mustangfanpage...looks like Lipscomb has a pretty good record against teams from the East. They have an overall record of 27-12-0 over your beloved teams.

There is no moving target. Simply put .....Mitchell has not been able to prove they have beat anyone from outside of region 7-8.....meaning they haven't had any quality wins IN FOOTBALLL over here or anywhere else.

Your ignorance of Region 5 is....well..ignorant... If you look back a little further you would have seen Greenbrier who represented us for two yrs over there and you lost both years. Does anybody from the Memphis area know anything about any football teams from the rest of the state

Dyersburg had played THREE 0-10 schools this year

How many teams has Mitchell beat that have had winning records?

This can be a bad matchup for Mitchell this year if they can't run the ball. Put it in the air and see what happens.