Mitchell vs DL again.

Galilee

Vandy, it is good to see you still on this board. We won't be coming to Lipscomb this week, of course, Mitchell took care of that. I know you are not responsible for the addled-brain comments made by some "bulldog" fellow and some of the others. If you have seen Mitchell (I saw them live in 2 games and on tape in 4 others), you know they will be tough. Their defense is not good but their offense is much better than last year's. They have more balance. The Dyersburg pass defense was woeful all season, and Malone (best high school receiver I've ever seen) lit us up for over 300 yards. He's got claws for hands and can get off the line really ell. I think their O line is better than last year's, which mainly pass blocked. Dyersburg completely shut down Gibson, their big running back, but couldn't stop the running game.

Everyone (except a few Lipscomb fans on this site whom I really don't think are from Lipscomb) remembers last year's game which in which Lipscomb "pounded" Mitchell 20-18 after trailing most of the game. I think the game will be very close. Redman (QB) is no Torry, but he is a good thrower with excellent receivers and the team is more disciplined and less likely to do astonishing things. They do have a kicking game--not a good one--eXps and punts. Unlike the other Memphis teams, Mitchell has finally caught on. I wonder how many games the Memphis schools have lost over the past dozen years by not having FG and EXP kickers. Dyersburg beat Sheffield two weeks ago at Sheffield 23-18--3 TDs each, but we had a FG and all exps. Incidentally, Mitchell is a much better offensive team than Sheffield.

Best of luck to both teams. And to all those Region 5 fans who are not from Lipscomb but try to share Lipscomb's success--reflected light is not nearly as bright as the real thing. To Galilee of Mitchell, good luck. Dyersburg and Mitchell have had a good relationship and you have acted with class. Can't say we'll miss playing you in the new classification, looking at all the underclassmen you are going to have back, but we've enjoyed it.

r

I was wondering how long it would be for you to comment. Met several people from Dyersburg at a Harding University football game a few weeks ago and they said they knew you well. They were hoping to be able to travel to Nashville and watch Dyersburg play Lipscomb.

We appreciate all insight that you have shared over the past several years on teams coming out of West Tennessee. I noticed that you didn't pick a winner only that it was going to be a close game. People keep telling me that Mitchell lead for most of the game last year and that Lipscomb only got ahead in the closing minutes. Its funny, I don't recall Mitchell leading that much until very late in the game.

I was going to offer you a ticket and a spot in the Press box if you were. Tell everyone in Dyersburg that I said hello and looking forward coming down and seeing your new stadium when completed.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a lot of trouble believing that is the real reason for you supporting DL. I do not know you and am in no way calling you a liar im just saying based off the two close finishes in the Lipscomb Giles contests this season it would seem that you are just bitter towards the Mustangs. Yes regions tend to change every couple of years but there is no reason not to support a team as classy as DL especially if they are the ones in your region (when i say classy im talking about the team as a whole not every player and fan). Maybe Giles did for the most part out play the Mustangs on Friday night, but the Mustangs still deserved that game IMO. They were inside the 10 three times and only came away with points once and that was on a field goal. They had no trouble moving the ball at all the problem was the Mustangs seemed to self destruct when they got close to scoring (taking nothing away from the Bobcat defense they had some nice stands). But had they not played so uncharacteristically from the norm and were able to eliminate the self destructions the game wouldnt have been close.

I for one would have supported the Bobcats had they won Friday. Not saying there wouldnt have been some bitterness at them taking out the champs, but I still would have supported the Bobcats to represent the region well and I know they would have done so. I just feel there should be some loyalty to whomever it is in the region that is left to represent reguardless of the team. However that is my opinion and I am entitled to it just as you are entitled to yours.

As for the game Friday, if the Mustangs can not eliminate the self destruction they will not be victories as they were Friday night. Mitchell is loaded with athletes and the Mustangs will need to play lights out to advance. I think they will make the adjustments they need and I also think that Friday night definately humbled them alot. Before Friday night the Mustangs average margin of victory was 34 points and im sure those boys were feeling a little to good about themselves as any normal team would. But Friday night showed those boys how lucky they were to still be able to play this late in the season and I dont think they will take it for granted anymore if they had been before.

David Lipscomb: 31

Mitchell: 21

I don't care what you believe about anything. Everyone said to stop the personal stuff, and I am trying to However, DL fans keep replying to me, personally. I also don't care what you feel. If you keep addressing me I will answer you back. If you will be quiet, so will I. I will always support public schools when they are playing private schools for the various reasons that I have stated too many times before. I think private schools should play private schools. I am bitter or at least sad about the game, it really hurt to see our boys try so hard and then lose at the last minute. Good luck to Mitchell. I do agree however with much of what you said about the game. It was an enjoyable, exciting game, except for the very last minute.

I won't contribute a ticket; but, there is a muzzle at the house I'll give you.

Your team lost. They had a great year and a very bright future. You have one very special player who we'll miss watching next year. Don't whine about other people's good fortune. Help get your team ready for a special 09 season.

Titanman, hey what about that Brett Farve Sunday night? Oh wait a minute this is a high school football blog. Nevermine. I support public schools over private schools every time. If you do not like this you had better muzzle yourself. You would not have to miss any of our players if DL would be willing to schedule a game with us next year. If you would like to give me a muzzle, why don't you bring it on down to Giles? Look forward to seeing you then. This is Mitchell's thread, so I hope you play hard and win Friday night. I don't know that much about your team, but I have read good things on here. Good luck.

Titanman, hey what about that Brett Farve Sunday night? Oh wait a minute this is a high school football blog. Nevermine. I support public schools over private schools every time. If you do not like this you had better muzzle yourself. You would not have to miss any of our players if DL would be willing to schedule a game with us next year. If you would like to give me a muzzle, why don't you bring it on down to Giles? Look forward to seeing you then. This is Mitchell's thread, so I hope you play hard and win Friday night. I don't know that much about your team, but I have read good things on here. Good luck.

Yet again, another post implying that Lipscomb is scared to play Giles Co. next year. Apparently, you have not read the posts explaining the reasoning why a Week 0 game will not be scheduled. I guarantee you that Lipscomb and Coach Mc are not scared to play the Bobcats. In reality, I doubt any team who has beat another 6 straight times would be scared (except for the game occurring in your state this weekend between Auburn and Alabama).

Hmmmm...well I've been called arrogant and addled brained so far and never said anything to those people. keep this up and I "might" get my feelings hurt.

Augielio.....I get under your skin every year....sorry...I notice you pick and choose who you call names. But that's all right....I understand......poor Dyersburg. Yeah, I get on here every year and ride whoever's coattails from MY region. I can't help it that all of yours have started basketball practice.

applet....I offered a ticket....now you want it brought to Pulaski.....and four tickets to boot...what's next?.... two night stay in the local Marriott and food provided.....what if I could arrange for you to ride the Mitchell bus home?

Since you changed the terms...here's mine....I buy four tickets...I bring them to Pulaski BUT before that happens, you agree to stop posting on Coacht forever. If you accept, post one message about where to drop off the tickets and then disappear.

Mitchell will have the speed and athletes.......but not the discipline. If DL gets out to a big lead the ball will be flying in the air and picks galore.....I only hope no passes are deflected by flying helmets.

DL will never be out of this game because Mitchell will have no ball control or clock management

I don't care what you believe about anything. Everyone said to stop the personal stuff, and I am trying to However, DL fans keep replying to me, personally. I also don't care what you feel. If you keep addressing me I will answer you back. If you will be quiet, so will I. I will always support public schools when they are playing private schools for the various reasons that I have stated too many times before. I think private schools should play private schools. I am bitter or at least sad about the game, it really hurt to see our boys try so hard and then lose at the last minute. Good luck to Mitchell. I do agree however with much of what you said about the game. It was an enjoyable, exciting game, except for the very last minute.

I said you were entitled to your opinion and was just simply giving you mine.

There are some people who will never be satisfied until there are no more private schools playing in the league. They will always perceive that we have some unfair advantage. If they succeed in running off all of the privates, then they will be complaining about magnet schools or schools with open zones. This really has nothing to do with the game. Schools with successful programs are always going to be envied. There is really no way to appease people who feel this way. Giles County has an excellent program and played well enough to win the game. Had they won I doubt we would hear all of this talk. There are public schools all over the state who have successful programs and when they lose, they usually can point to one or two things within the game that cost them the win. It has nothing to do with whether or not they were public or private or the calls from the refs. In every game either side can usually point to a call they don't feel was justified, but these people are human and I do feel they're trying to get it right. This whole discussion has nothing to do with the game. Giles County and David Lipscomb both have awesome teams this year and the game could have gone either way. It was an awesome game and both teams played with heart. There was talent on both sides of the ball. The teams were evenly matched and Lipscomb was fortunate to come out of there with a win. Let's try and keep the focus on the game. I would venture to say that the majority of posters on this board are parents and former players. So don't judge the team or the students based on what you see posted here. The players for all of the teams in the playoffs have worked hard to get to this place. We all understand the heartbreak of a loss, we've had our share of those as well. I'll be there rooting for the Mustangs on Friday night. I'm sure they are aware that it will be another tough game with another very telented team. I was at the Mitchell game last year and I remember a questionable roughing the passer call against Lipscomb that put Mitchell in the position to score, so I don't know why they felt that the refs were favorable to Lipscomb. But this is a new year and alot of new players on both teams. What happened after the game was unfortunate as the staff and fans were very hospitable. GO MUSTANGS!

Hmmmm...well I've been called arrogant and addled brained so far and never said anything to those people. keep this up and I "might" get my feelings hurt.

Augielio.....I get under your skin every year....sorry...I notice you pick and choose who you call names. But that's all right....I understand......poor Dyersburg. Yeah, I get on here every year and ride whoever's coattails from MY region. I can't help it that all of yours have started basketball practice.

applet....I offered a ticket....now you want it brought to Pulaski.....and four tickets to boot...what's next?.... two night stay in the local Marriott and food provided.....what if I could arrange for you to ride the Mitchell bus home?

Since you changed the terms...here's mine....I buy four tickets...I bring them to Pulaski BUT before that happens, you agree to stop posting on Coacht forever. If you accept, post one message about where to drop off the tickets and then disappear.

Mitchell will have the speed and athletes.......but not the discipline. If DL gets out to a big lead the ball will be flying in the air and picks galore.....I only hope no passes are deflected by flying helmets.

DL will never be out of this game because Mitchell will have no ball control or clock management

I would like to meet you when you bring the tickets. So tell me what you know about Pulaski and I will be there. Wait; hold on I like to post on coach, so no deal. I guess I will buy my own tickets. I would be honored to meet you though, so when you are come through let me know and tell me where you will be. Now how many chances do I have? I apologized for callling you arrogant. I wonder if the other 50 people or so on the board who have called you arrogant will apologize too? Somehow I just don't think so.

There are some people who will never be satisfied until there are no more private schools playing in the league. They will always perceive that we have some unfair advantage. If they succeed in running off all of the privates, then they will be complaining about magnet schools or schools with open zones. This really has nothing to do with the game. Schools with successful programs are always going to be envied. There is really no way to appease people who feel this way. Giles County has an excellent program and played well enough to win the game. Had they won I doubt we would hear all of this talk. There are public schools all over the state who have successful programs and when they lose, they usually can point to one or two things within the game that cost them the win. It has nothing to do with whether or not they were public or private or the calls from the refs. In every game either side can usually point to a call they don't feel was justified, but these people are human and I do feel they're trying to get it right. This whole discussion has nothing to do with the game. Giles County and David Lipscomb both have awesome teams this year and the game could have gone either way. It was an awesome game and both teams played with heart. There was talent on both sides of the ball. The teams were evenly matched and Lipscomb was fortunate to come out of there with a win. Let's try and keep the focus on the game. I would venture to say that the majority of posters on this board are parents and former players. So don't judge the team or the students based on what you see posted here. The players for all of the teams in the playoffs have worked hard to get to this place. We all understand the heartbreak of a loss, we've had our share of those as well. I'll be there rooting for the Mustangs on Friday night. I'm sure they are aware that it will be another tough game with another very telented team. I was at the Mitchell game last year and I remember a questionable roughing the passer call against Lipscomb that put Mitchell in the position to score, so I don't know why they felt that the refs were favorable to Lipscomb. But this is a new year and alot of new players on both teams. What happened after the game was unfortunate as the staff and fans were very hospitable. GO MUSTANGS!

Nice post former football ball mom. I am very interested in this subject (private-public) and would enjoy discussing the issue with a nice sounding, intelligent poster, but I know this thread is not the place. Thanks for the thought provoking post.

Wrong Titans... Oh well!!

I won't antagonize you again. You promised you'd go away. Are you a person of your word?