Henry County at Hillsboro

Shortstop15

notes on Eric Gordon:

Gordon is a 4 star athlete he is 5'9 187 - Gordon has Alabama on top of his list of many D1 schools in the hunt for him. I??™m sure he will be a cornerback at the next level just like Teague

On offense he is a slasher who is used all over the field similar to Percy Harvin for UF...look for him to be put in motion to get his legs moving before the snap, swing routes getting him the ball quick, on toss and sweep plays . He has great acceleration, vision, hands, and is great deep threat in the passing game. He also is hard to wrap up. Every screen play that the Boros dial up their #3 will be getting his hands on the ball.

Defense- He has great pursuit and speed ??¦..he has a great feel on defense and he will be all around the ball....hits like a linebacker and tackles very well for a corner...great DB instinct against the pass...Henry Co. should be careful throwing it around him.

Special teams- look to see him as the premier return man??¦. loves to reverse the field!

Tips for Henry Co. containing Gordon

1. On Defense Henry Co. MUST limit his yards after contact (Wrap up)

2. Account for Gordon on every play (Know if you are throwing in his direction on D or where he is lined up on Offense)

3. Stay in the their lanes on kick off and punt coverage

4. Keep him from getting outside into open space.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is some interesting information that I am sure means very little but interesting nonetheless. Hillsboro has played seven teams with winning records and lost to two of them. They also played four teams that won three or less games. Henry County played six teams with winning records and beat them all. They also played six teams that won three games or less. Hillsboro has played a tougher schedule thanks to games with Franklin and MBA but lost to both. Like I said none of this means anything but it is still interesting. These two teams have been destined to meet all year long. Maplewood was obviously not quite as good as they were last year while both Hillsboro and Henry County are better than a year ago.

I think we will come out as fired up as ever. We need to score early and often. Hillsboro hasn't scored under 40 in the entire playoffs. Our defense has to be ready. And I hope we get healthy this week. We will need the depth. And if dominique is rollin early keep givin him the ball. He could have had over 200 yards on melrose.

hope yall are worried about gordon. we've got 6+ other players who can go all the way for the TD

However, its impossible for all of them to be on the field at the same time...and its really impossible for all of them to have the ball at the same time. I think we will just worry about who has the ball.

hope yall are worried about gordon. we've got 6+ other players who can go all the way for the TD

Of course Hillsboro has multiple threats...not only on offense but defense....Henry Co. fans know that if they witnessed the game between the two...2 years ago....Hillsboro is usually loaded with talent across the board....but with saying that Gordon is the boros spark on offense and heart on defense...

Henry Co. also has a multiple threat offense and defense

This game wil be a gold mine for recruiters!