Henry County at Hillsboro

Shortstop15

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why is this game at Hillsboro? I thought the team with the best record usually host the game? Or is this one of the TSSAA weird rules too? I'm that Hillsboro is at home just missed the reason why.

I don't know how they do it now, but they used to alternated the semifinals location to each side of the bracket every year just like they alternate home and away at the state championship every year.

However, for some reason unbeknownst to me, Henry County hosted the semifinal games each of the last two years against HHS in 2006 and then Maplewood in 2007. Maybe they alternate it every two years now? I'm sorry I don't know for sure.

why is this game at Hillsboro? I thought the team with the best record usually host the game? Or is this one of the TSSAA weird rules too? I'm glad that Hillsboro is at home just missed the reason why.

In all Class 1A, 3A, 4A and 5A play-off games, in the first and second rounds the higher seeded team shall be the host school. In the third round and semifinals in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. In even-numbered years the procedure shall be rotated in the third round and semifinals.

In the third round and semifinals of Class 1A, 3A, 4A and 5A, if two teams from the same region play each other, the higher seeded team shall be the host.

In all Class 1A, 3A, 4A and 5A play-off games, in the first and second rounds the higher seeded team shall be the host school. In the third round and semifinals in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. In even-numbered years the procedure shall be rotated in the third round and semifinals.

In the third round and semifinals of Class 1A, 3A, 4A and 5A, if two teams from the same region play each other, the higher seeded team shall be the host.

So, Henry County hosting the semifinal game in consecutive years was because of TSSAA changing the rule after the 2006 season and therefore benefitted from the prior setup and the current setup. Gotcha. Thanks for the explanation. Who knows what their reasoning is for changing it, but whatever.

I think the quarterfinal round used to be done the same way as rounds 1 and 2. Now, the quarterfinals and semifinals are going to be done the same way. Certainly makes it a little more difficult for a single team to receive home field advantage all the way through until Murfreesboro.

the person nobody talks about is WR Jarrett Blehovde(footballfan15 correct me if im wrong on the spelling of his last name) but JB from Burro has some of the best hands i've ever seen. at the start of the season he was possible the best player on hillsboros team. this kid is fast and will catch anything within 5 feet of him. one of the best coached kids on hillsboro's team. he used to play for Coach Bowers over there at Ensworth.

and i'm expecting a game from the Big Nastys as in Marvin Huges and Christian Heyne. heart and soul of the line. they'll get a good push all night.

Good post.. Blihovde is a great receiver and may be the best in middle TN I've seen.. Doesn't seem like Greg looks for him as much since Jordan came back.. Blihovde made the catch of the year against Franklin.. Hope they use him more Friday

Who cares about 40-times?? (next level coaches also use a shuttle time as well) Too many names to list so I will make categories...

1.HS Coaches

2. College Coaches

3. NFL Coaches

4. FANS!! lol

Got to love your teams being in the Final Four!!!

40 times are over rated. When I was coaching I cared about who could run the ball fast on the football field and who could catch a guy who was running fast on the football field. I didn't give a ---- about how fast a guy could run the 40!

40 times are over rated. When I was coaching I cared about who could run the ball fast on the football field and who could catch a guy who was running fast on the football field. I didn't give a ---- about how fast a guy could run the 40!

I agree with that wholeheartedly...track runners don't inherently=good football players.

However, the 40 time is still one of the main ways to the NFL scouting combine determines how fast a player is, but it isn't the end all be all. Sheesh! Crutcher, Gordon, and Jordan are all PLENTY fast in football gear. I'm sure Teague is as well if he is being recruited in the same manner Gordon is.

Maybe we can let the kids' play do the talking instead of debating about speed. Someone mentioned Teague was clocked at 4.3 seconds in the 40 yard dash...I was merely responding to that in one of my earlier posts. I wasn't trying to imply that because Crutcher, Jordan, and Gordon could beat him in a 40 yard dash that HHS would win 70-0. Why did you some of you take it that way? Good Grief!

I agree with that wholeheartedly...track runners don't inherently=good football players.

However, the 40 time is still one of the main ways to the NFL scouting combine determines how fast a player is, but it isn't the end all be all. Sheesh! Crutcher, Gordon, and Jordan are all PLENTY fast in football gear. I'm sure Teague is as well if he is being recruited in the same manner Gordon is.

Maybe we can let the kids' play do the talking instead of debating about speed. Someone mentioned Teague was clocked at 4.3 seconds in the 40 yard dash...I was merely responding to that in one of my earlier posts. I wasn't trying to imply that because Crutcher, Jordan, and Gordon could beat him in a 40 yard dash that HHS would win 70-0. Why did you some of you take it that way? Good Grief!

I didn't take it that way. As a former coach, my point was simply that I never cared about 40 times, although I realize colleges and professional coaches care more than I ever did.