Henry County at Hillsboro

Shortstop15

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, its only Monday and that aint cool....will seem like it takes two weeks for Friday to get here.

Now, everyone realize that win or lose, it is near the seasons end for both teams....with that said, both teams have several players that are likely to have continued careers at the next level, so.....may we all enjoy the best game we have seen all year and pray that there are no injuries, especially that could be the "career ending" type. Good Luck Hillsboro, but WIN BIG RED!!!!!

ARE YOU RELATED TO MARY POPPINS? BUT HOW TRUE, GO BIG RED!! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Say what you like, but there is still one big obstacle standing in the way...HILLSBORO.....HC does not get close to the schedule that Hillsboro plays therefore when the smoke does settle you will see the green and gold advancing to play in the stste championships. The strength of scedule will provide a good foundation for this game....prediction-----HILLBORO--27....Henry Co.--10

Maryville doesn't come close to Hillsboro either on strength of schedule, they never do. How did you do against Maryville the last time you played them? What is more important and relevant now, is RECENT opponents. Please don't try to tell me you have played anyone in the playoffs as good as Melrose. You haven't even played anyone as good as Fairley. You may beat HC, but it will have nothing to do with the schedule either team played.

Shoot, if either team's defense holds one of these offenses to only 10 points for 4 quarters, Maryville should then be declared the underdog in the State Championship game. Don't get me wrong I think both teams have good defenses, but these offenses are high-octane enough that the defenses could play very well and still give up 3 or 4 TDs.

From what I hear about your offense, you may be exactly correct. This game could be a fan's dream.

Hillsboro's offense is playing better now than they have all season. Hillsboro is finally healthy. only 2 loses we had were due to injurys.

SO, LET ME GET THIS RIGHT. YOU GOT BEAT BECAUSE OF THE TWO INJURIES? YOU DIDN'T GET BEAT BY BETTER TEAMS. SO IF HILLSBORO BEATS HENRY COUNTY WE CAN SAY THAT IT WAS JUST BECAUSE WE HAD INJURIES? NOT THAT YOUR TEAM IS BETTER. MAKES NO SENSE TO ME.... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

SO, LET ME GET THIS RIGHT. YOU GOT BEAT BECAUSE OF THE TWO INJURIES? YOU DIDN'T GET BEAT BY BETTER TEAMS. SO IF HILLSBORO BEATS HENRY COUNTY WE CAN SAY THAT IT WAS JUST BECAUSE WE HAD INJURIES? NOT THAT YOUR TEAM IS BETTER. MAKES NO SENSE TO ME.... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

"Because" of injuries is hardly accurate. However, with the losses being by only 6 points and 5 points without two of our best players fully healthy...it would certainly stand to reason that the outcome could have been different with the offense fully healthy.

Franklin and MBA are certainly great teams, but they aren't on a different level than HHS or anything. HHS can play with pretty much anyone in the state regardless of classification when they play at their best.

JW

I think he said their two losses were attributed to missing some of their offensive players!

HHS has been putting some points up the last 3 games 47 and playing some good D with 18 a game. Pats are right there with them at 38 and 10 a game. This game has the potential for alot of fireworks!!!!!

GO PATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JW

I think he said their two losses were attributed to missing some of their offensive players!

HHS has been putting some points up the last 3 games 47 and playing some good D with 18 a game. Pats are right there with them at 38 and 10 a game. This game has the potential for alot of fireworks!!!!!

GO PATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That may very well be what he meant to say, I'm not sure, but he actually said that their 2 losses were due to injuries. It sounds like he meant they would have won without the injuries.

If that is all true then we are looking at basically carbon copies of talent. However, I would almost guarantee that Crutcher would take Teague in a 40 yard dash...possibly Jordan too...Teague and Gordon would be probably be an even race though from what I hear.

So basically, I take away from what you've said that this game will come down to coaching, I give Scott Blade and the Burros the edge in that department. Also, HHS has been battle tested a few more times than Henry County this year so I have to give them the edge in having a little more confidence in playing from behind when needed also. I agree should be a great game! Don't miss it if at all possible!

Shoot, if either team's defense holds one of these offenses to only 10 points for 4 quarters, Maryville should then be declared the underdog in the State Championship game. Don't get me wrong I think both teams have good defenses, but these offenses are high-octane enough that the defenses could play very well and still give up 3 or 4 TDs.

Very accurate

OK, BurroBall, referencing your comments about giving HHS the edge in coaching, answer this (FactsOnly please):

How many collective years coaching on HHS staff?

How many collective years Division 1 coaching and/or playing on HHS staff?

How many collective Division 1 bowl games experience on your staff?

How many collective years NFL experience (playing and/or coaching) on your staff?

How many collective NFL playoff games on your coaching staff?

How many collective NFL Super Bowl games on your coaching staff?

How many NFL Super Bowl rings on your staff?

2 more questions:

What is your basis for giving HHS the edge in coaching?

and finally, DO YOU REALLY WANT TO RIDE THIS TRAIN?