Henry County at Hillsboro

Shortstop15

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is some interesting information that I am sure means very little but interesting nonetheless. Hillsboro has played seven teams with winning records and lost to two of them. They also played four teams that won three or less games. Henry County played six teams with winning records and beat them all. They also played six teams that won three games or less. Hillsboro has played a tougher schedule thanks to games with Franklin and MBA but lost to both. Like I said none of this means anything but it is still interesting. These two teams have been destined to meet all year long. Maplewood was obviously not quite as good as they were last year while both Hillsboro and Henry County are better than a year ago.

oh, i'll play along with the "6 degrees of separation" game...like it means anything.

so hillsboro lost to MBA by a little, who lost to MUS by a METRIC TON, who barely beat Melrose, who HC just barely beat. in short, HC by a few.

i'm debating whether to ride the fan bus again. although it was convenient, i may get to nashville early friday and hang out with some of my best friends from college. but then again, hillsboro traffic (especially the official beginning of Christmas shopping day!) will be ATROCIOUS, as it usually is. however, i might want to do a little shopping in the mall at green hills too. (dang Burberry and their $400 jeans!!! evil temptations!) what to do...what to do.

to THE BIG RED:

this week is going to be extremely busy for me, so i'm not likely to check things on here very often, if at all.

first off: do NOT come out like you did against melrose. this is NOT the time to play your B game.

secondly: you have UNFINISHED BUSINESS!!! not only have you been denied to play in the final game the last two years, you almost made it last time. you know how hard you have to work to get there. so DO IT!

next: PAY BACK the humiliation that was 2006. remember how it felt? just like the Martin Westview game of '07 felt? and you KNOW what you did the next time you saw Westview...you CRUSHED them! PLAY JUST LIKE THAT!

to THE BIG RED NATION:

there is absolutely NO EXCUSE that we shouldn't SWARM the stadium and scream our hearts out for THE BIG RED on every single possession!!! take off work. GO TO THIS GAME!

WHOSE HOUSE??? OUR HOUSE!!!

ROLL RED ROLL!!!

If that is all true then we are looking at basically carbon copies of talent. However, I would almost guarantee that Crutcher would take Teague in a 40 yard dash...possibly Jordan too...Teague and Gordon would be probably be an even race though from what I hear.

So basically, I take away from what you've said that this game will come down to coaching, I give Scott Blade and the Burros the edge in that department. Also, HHS has been battle tested a few more times than Henry County this year so I have to give them the edge in having a little more confidence in playing from behind when needed also. I agree should be a great game! Don't miss it if at all possible!

BurroBall - I will say this, and I am doing my best not to be biased since HC is my team. But Teague is the fastest human being I have ever seen with my own two eyes. These clocked times that we are all talking about mean very little. What matters is when someone like Teague or Crutcher is being chased down. I watched in amazement last year when Teague ran away from, literally LEFT, the supposed fastest athlete in the state of Tennessee from Melrose. He was a senior DB for Melrose that went on to Miami and had one of those machine clocked 4.4 times. So again, we won't know til Crutcher or Teague is out there trying to get away from each other. But I wouldn't put my money on anyone against Teague. Not saying that someone like Crutcher can't outrun him, I am just telling you what I have seen.

BurroBall - I will say this, and I am doing my best not to be biased since HC is my team. But Teague is the fastest human being I have ever seen with my own two eyes. These clocked times that we are all talking about mean very little. What matters is when someone like Teague or Crutcher is being chased down. I watched in amazement last year when Teague ran away from, literally LEFT, the supposed fastest athlete in the state of Tennessee from Melrose. He was a senior DB for Melrose that went on to Miami and had one of those machine clocked 4.4 times. So again, we won't know til Crutcher or Teague is out there trying to get away from each other. But I wouldn't put my money on anyone against Teague. Not saying that someone like Crutcher can't outrun him, I am just telling you what I have seen.

If he is faster than Crutcher or Gordon he will have to prove it. Those are the fastest two kids I have seen with my two eyes. Not to mention Jordon and about 5 others on the Burro's are right behind them.

If that is all true then we are looking at basically carbon copies of talent. However, I would almost guarantee that Crutcher would take Teague in a 40 yard dash...possibly Jordan too...Teague and Gordon would be probably be an even race though from what I hear.

So basically, I take away from what you've said that this game will come down to coaching, I give Scott Blade and the Burros the edge in that department. Also, HHS has been battle tested a few more times than Henry County this year so I have to give them the edge in having a little more confidence in playing from behind when needed also. I agree should be a great game! Don't miss it if at all possible!

Who cares about a 40 yard dash? NOBODY catches Teague when he gets loose! As far as coaching goes, I am sure your staff is very good, but this staff has taken a program that was winning an average of three games a year for the last 6-7 years , and has been to the semi-finals for three years in a row. That given, I wouldn't give ANYONE an edge in coaching over this group!

Who cares about a 40 yard dash? NOBODY catches Teague when he gets loose! As far as coaching goes, I am sure your staff is very good, but this staff has taken a program that was winning an average of three games a year for the last 6-7 years , and has been to the semi-finals for three years in a row. That given, I wouldn't give ANYONE an edge in coaching over this group!

I agree who cares. But one thing you can bet it will be fun to watch. Bring 10 bus loads and everyone in Nashville come on out this one will be good.

If he is faster than Crutcher or Gordon he will have to prove it. Those are the fastest two kids I have seen with my two eyes. Not to mention Jordon and about 5 others on the Burro's are right behind them.

That's the whole point Footballfan15, if you read my post then you would understand that we won't know til they get out there chasing each other around. But I have not seen anyone who can chase him down when he gets loose. As I am sure you can say the same about both Crutcher and Gordon. I have never seen Gordon or Crutcher so I can't speak for them.

That's the whole point Footballfan15, if you read my post then you would understand that we won't know til they get out there chasing each other around. But I have not seen anyone who can chase him down when he gets loose. As I am sure you can say the same about both Crutcher and Gordon. I have never seen Gordon or Crutcher so I can't speak for them.

If you were present in 2006 you seen gordon and he scored 2 or three times and had a picks as a sophomore. I assume Teague was there also in 06, No. 2 I believe. This will be a great game with great athletes and all shoud try to attend. Seating is limited so get here early!

the person nobody talks about is WR Jarrett Blehovde(footballfan15 correct me if im wrong on the spelling of his last name) but JB from Burro has some of the best hands i've ever seen. at the start of the season he was possible the best player on hillsboros team. this kid is fast and will catch anything within 5 feet of him. one of the best coached kids on hillsboro's team. he used to play for Coach Bowers over there at Ensworth.

and i'm expecting a game from the Big Nastys as in Marvin Huges and Christian Heyne. heart and soul of the line. they'll get a good push all night.