Henry County at Hillsboro

Shortstop15

Bored and I like to rub in your loss.

So classy.

The obvious has been stated - last Friday night, two teams suited up to play a football game. Hillsboro was the better team. Regaurdless, it was a great game. Henry County fans are admitting that Hillsboro outplayed Henry County, and the scoreboard showed it. We have had bragging fans who talked about running clocks, but they're not here. What we've NEVER done is "rub in" a loss. Honestly, I don't care if you rub it in. Just remember that it's kids out there that are leaving it out there on the field - not us. Both teams played their hearts out, even if it was a bit sloppy at times. If it gives you so much satisfaction to rub in a loss over a highschool football game then win with class as a fan, then so be it. Just realize that most people on here take note of your immaturity. I'm going for Hillsboro Saturday. I hope they win. But whoever loses - hopefully the winning team's fans will have enough respect and maturity to not "rub in" a loss.

With that said - Great season Patriots! Get back in the weightroom and strive for the championship next year. Good luck to the Burros Saturday. I wish an injury-free game for both sides, and may the best team win.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it must stink worse if it happens in the championship game...way to choke /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Up until now I thought you were pretty intelligent with most of your posts. You guys have lost in the semis 3 years in a row. You have absolutely no basis to say anyone else is choking. You guys realize this game was 6 days ago. Surely the wounds have started to heal by now. Come on HC. Y'all are better than this. I know you had higher expectations than this. It's okay to have those high expectations, but you have got move on.

after all the vile and hatred spewed at Henry County here and on other forums...i personally no longer care.

we had 11 running clocks. it happened.

as fans, our teams aren't affected by what we do one way or the other in the real world. who cares what people on here think in the long run?

By reading your latest posts it appears you do. Great you had 11 runnig clocks. The clock has run out now. I'm sorry. I really do wish HC was in the 'boro. Really. I was wanting as many west Tn. teams bringing home the gold as possible, but it didn't happen.

So classy.

The obvious has been stated - last Friday night, two teams suited up to play a football game. Hillsboro was the better team. Regaurdless, it was a great game. Henry County fans are admitting that Hillsboro outplayed Henry County, and the scoreboard showed it. We have had bragging fans who talked about running clocks, but they're not here. What we've NEVER done is "rub in" a loss. Honestly, I don't care if you rub it in. Just remember that it's kids out there that are leaving it out there on the field - not us. Both teams played their hearts out, even if it was a bit sloppy at times. If it gives you so much satisfaction to rub in a loss over a highschool football game then win with class as a fan, then so be it. Just realize that most people on here take note of your immaturity. I'm going for Hillsboro Saturday. I hope they win. But whoever loses - hopefully the winning team's fans will have enough respect and maturity to not "rub in" a loss.

With that said - Great season Patriots! Get back in the weightroom and strive for the championship next year. Good luck to the Burros Saturday. I wish an injury-free game for both sides, and may the best team win.

You should teach a class on what it means to be a true fan. I wish there were more of them like you. No excuses. Congratulations. let's move on. That's the way it should be. Good job.

I am not a Hillsboro fan, but HC fans won't like to hear what I am going to say. You were not the better team, Period. If that game is played 10 times, you wint 3. I was pulling for ya, don't get me wrong, but Hillsboro controlled that game start to finish. You say Hillsboro didn't take the high road. What would you call what you are doing? You guys had a great season. Don't take away from it by getting into a mud slinging contest. Especially when you don't have a leg to stand on. You guys are better than that.

Obviously you didnt see the game, HC won all but the second qtr. and it cost us the game. No hard feelings, thats just the way it goes. Thats why they play the game. However, I would be willing to take your money on only winning 3 times out of 10. The HHS fans seem to know this is true also because they keep wanting to talk about HC. I dont consider this a mudslinging contest, I just get a kick out of watching the posts grow and grow 6 days after the game.

Fans on BOTH sides of this game are acting like junior high kids (stupid and immature). The game was played and Hillsboro won. Why would any Hillsboro fan talk about HC choking or not winning semi-final game? Why would any HC fan talk about HHS losing in the finals? I thought it was a hard fought game and the better tean that night won. HC had a great season that is not tarnished by a loss to Hillsboro in the semi-finals. Hillsboro has had a great season even if they lose to Maryville. If they win then it gets even greater. Why dont all of you just shut up bickering at one another? It makes you all look stupid. Just for the record I would rather win in the semi-finals and lose in the finals than to not get there at all. I hope Hillsboro beats Maryville. I hope we play Hillsboro next year again. I hope many of the fans on both sides grow up in the mean time.

Obviously you didnt see the game, HC won all but the second qtr. and it cost us the game. No hard feelings, thats just the way it goes. Thats why they play the game. However, I would be willing to take your money on only winning 3 times out of 10. The HHS fans seem to know this is true also because they keep wanting to talk about HC. I dont consider this a mudslinging contest, I just get a kick out of watching the posts grow and grow 6 days after the game.

I agree with you that the game was lost in the second quarter and whatever that penalty was that stopped us while we were driving in their territory down 24-17.

Maybe we should petition the TSSAA to change the way we determine a winner. It shoud be who wins the most quarters. Not. They had a 2 touchdown lead with 1:48 on the clock. The TD you scored in the 4th was on the kick off return by Teague. I still don't understand why they kicked it to him. Also, they were playing with a 2nd string QB in that 2nd quarter. They outscored you 17-0 in that quarter. It is ok to say someone is better than you. BTW, I think they have a real shot at Maryville.

Maybe at Henry County, but at Milan they still get their seats until kick off.

What happens after kickoff? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> Do they have to move?

Seriously doesn't TSSAA dictate that home team can't reserve seats like regular season at playoff time? At least that is what I was told??

You guys bring a win back West with you! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What happens after kickoff? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> Do they have to move?

Seriously doesn't TSSAA dictate that home team can't reserve seats like regular season at playoff time? At least that is what I was told??

You guys bring a win back West with you! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If the seats aren't filled at the time of kick off then they are fair game.