Henry County at Hillsboro

Shortstop15

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DO YOU NOT REALIZE THAT HALF OF OUR "O" AND HALF OF OUR "D" ARE JUNIORS AND WE HAVE ALOT OF TALENTED PLAYERS COMING UP. SO DON'T LET THE FUTURE HC PLAYERS HEAR YOU SAY THAT THIS WAS THEIR LAST CHANCE FOR SEVERAL YEARS TO BE IN THE FINALS. GO BIG RED!! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> JW

i hope to be proven wrong.

Hillsboro is the only one with a chance to! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

good luck with that. how often does maryville lose? it could happen, but it sure hasn't in a long while. it'd be nice to see them taken down, but i doubt it.

Well, i'ma play the Hillsboro roll they played against MBA, and say we lost cuz of injuries, because our starting left tackle was out of the game due to injuries! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Either way, Burros off to get raped by maryville in the burro!

Hmmmmmmm ... curious comment. From what I've read in this thread ... Hillsboro controlled the game. So if Hillsboro is going to get raped ... what would of happened if HC plays Maryville?

I don't think you really meant that. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt because you took the loss so bad.

As a neutral observer, I saw a great game by two very talented teams. HHS team speed was the difference in the game. That being said, I've never before seen visiting fans setting up shop on the home team side. I'm from Ohio, where the crowds are easily 3-5 times larger for schools of this size, whether they're country or inner city. Especially for playoff games. No matter how few seats are on the visitor's side, NEVER will you see that happen. It's not a matter of who gets there first. You make do with what is there. I've been to many a game where the visitors side is overflowing and the home side still has seats available. After the first round, all games are played on a neutral field located in between the two schools. The OHSAA uses a list of schools that are approved for hosting playoff games based on criteria met in regards to adequate seating, facilities,and parking to handle such crowds, and both teams travel. It's fair, both sides are treated to a great game at a great facility, and it takes the home field advantage out of the playoffs.

As a neutral observer, I saw a great game by two very talented teams. HHS team speed was the difference in the game. That being said, I've never before seen visiting fans setting up shop on the home team side. I'm from Ohio, where the crowds are easily 3-5 times larger for schools of this size, whether they're country or inner city. Especially for playoff games. No matter how few seats are on the visitor's side, NEVER will you see that happen. It's not a matter of who gets there first. You make do with what is there. I've been to many a game where the visitors side is overflowing and the home side still has seats available. After the first round, all games are played on a neutral field located in between the two schools. The OHSAA uses a list of schools that are approved for hosting playoff games based on criteria met in regards to adequate seating, facilities,and parking to handle such crowds, and both teams travel. It's fair, both sides are treated to a great game at a great facility, and it takes the home field advantage out of the playoffs.

I think this is a great idea! There may be other states that do this as well.

Sorry to disapoint you there olddevil but at this stage I'm a 'may the best team win' kind of guy. I'm a City of Memphis supporter basically ... if none of the City's teams make it to the semi's ... I just sit back and see who does what. I'm not pulling for Hillsboro anymore then I'm pulling for Henry County. When I say I'm leaning towards Hillsboro ... I'm saying of the two, I'm giving them the edge based on what I know. I could care less who wins. When Melrose lost ... I became a neutral observer.

kwc, your pregame evaluation was right on target,as usual. For your information only, I offer one man's opinion of my comparison of Melrose and Hillsboro:

1. QB--Toney was by far the better of the three(HHS used two due to injury (?) of their 1st'

2. Recievers-- Slight edge to HHS(although,according to you we didn't see Melrose's best , #8)

3. Running game-- about equal: HHS's running backs were no bettr or faster than the two Melrose showed)

4. Run defense-- Big edge to HHS. Though smaller, were extremely quick and well coached.

5. Pass defense-- Edge to Melrose; they blanketed our recievers all night and we had pretty good success against Hillsboro.

6. Coaching-- Big edge to HHS; their scheme never let Allen or McFerrin get untracked'

7. Kicking game--No comparison since Melrose had none. As you predicted this had an enormous bearing on the outcome.

Hillsborro outplayed us and deserved to win but we were still in the game after coming out fired up to start the second half. we held them and scored to make it 24 to 17. Early in the fourth we were driving to score the tying TD; The ball was inside HHS's 25, second and nine. At that stage we got a 15 yard penalty for illegal chop block which made it second and 25 at about the 40.This lead to adrive ending interception near the goal line. In my opinion,that was th critical play of the game. Who knows what would have happened if we had scored on that possession. It's fun but sad to imagine. Oh yes, and

8. Facilities and Fans-- Melrose by a mile.

Go BIG RED ALWAYS

Could ya'll imagine a UTK team with Teague, Gordon, Crutcher, Zach Rogers and Tyler Maples on it? That is some serious athleticism all from INSIDE TN.

TN high school football isn't as good as other southern states overall, but it has it's share of elite players too. UTK just needs to make signing the best in-state talent a top recruiting priority.

These kids are great, but they are a dime a dozen at the college level. We have to recruit nationally. We cant count these kids year in and year out. For the record, about 45% of the kids on UT's roster are from in state.

These kids are great, but they are a dime a dozen at the college level. We have to recruit nationally. We cant count these kids year in and year out. For the record, about 45% of the kids on UT's roster are from in state.

No, no, no....everyone has to recruit nationally especially UTK. My point is that UTK can't keep allowing Alabama, Florida, etc. to cherry pick the top players in TN. UTK needs to have a lockdown on the top talent INSIDE TN.

Gordon is being recruited by Oklahoma, Miami (Fl), Alabama, USC(East), Texas Tech, etc.

Teague is being recruited by Florida, Miami(Fl), Georgia Tech, Clemson, etc.

Crutcher is being recruited by Texas Tech, Ole Miss, etc.

Basically, other schools are recruiting their home state and then going outside their state....UTK should be doing the same to prevent other schools from getting the top prospects from TN. The three kids mentioned above shouldn't be allowed to get outside of the state without a big recruiting battle first. That's all I'm saying.

HHS wins as I predicted. Since I did not see HC play this season my prediction was based on knowing what HHS had as for as talent and coaching ( HHS is not like Da-wood where just a bunch of athletes running around ) Knowing that HC plays football in west Tn where their schedule was weak and that HC coach has a history of not being able to pull off semi final wins. To his credit, he can aleast get there.