Henry County at Hillsboro

Shortstop15

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BurroBall.....it's been good talking to ya. I hope I didn't tick you off with posts from before.

Nah, I have pretty thick skin and typically don't take things too personally. Plus, I get to see HHS in Murfreesboro against Maryville for a final time next saturday! Hard for me to get upset about anything right now.

its a shame the HC fans didnt see any class from the hhs fans, its also a shame i didnt get to see the 3 headed monster, thats the one incentive i had to watching hhs winning like they undoubtedly would. sure the score seems close but HC failed their duty in making this a good close game tonight.

Teague certainly did his duty in keeping it close though.

LOL! Yeah, somehow I don't think you would say that if Henry County was playing them next saturday. Like I said, can you say "bitter"?

Also, I want to apologize on behalf of any HHS fans that were disrespectful. However, Henry County fans certainly did their share of taunting and the taking over half of the home bleachers was just unnecessary in my opinion. I'm just glad HHS won the game to make it look all the more silly for doing so.

Sit on the hill, stand on the track, but don't go sit on the home side bleachers. I get it: Henry County fans support their team better than some colleges, but that just is not appropriate. I don't imagine Henry County would appreciate it if a visiting team's fans decided to take over a large section of their home bleachers.

Well sir, we fill ours quicker than the Away. Plus, Patriot Stadium now has North/South Endzone bleachers, and before we had that, we RENTED SOME!!! Bunch of cheapos.......not our fault that your stadium was small, so our just commandeered your side. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Even if they brought the whole county, I think it's awesome that the Henry County faithful made the long trip to support their team, like they've been doing all season. IMO, that's how it should be! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Maybe HHS fans should follow their example next week in Murfreesboro. And Henry Co. fans sitting in the home stands?? I'm all for it because some people HAVE to sit. It sounds HC had more fans at the game than Hillsboro.

Does anyone know what the attendance was?

I also heard of HC fans tailgating, and I'm all for that too. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congratulations Henry County on a great season! Keep up that pride and community support, because that's one of the things that keeps your football program going.

Good luck Hillsboro next week. BEAT MARYVILLE!!

Was at the game......Burros I am stunned, just ashamed by how classless you guys were!(Most of yall not all) I expect that from Melrose, but in the end, I think Melrose had CLASSY-ER fans. Constant taunting and even from the press box. My Lord, if Mr. Farmer had done or said anything close to that we would kindly ask for his resignation. Don't think I am just another por sport of some kind, because the loss still comes down on the whole team. Capitalizing on turnovers was our biggest weakness + lack of different plays. Plays were very predictable. In the end, our boys still triumphed in my opinion: We kept our respect intact and we left everything on the field. Pretty good for a bunch of boys from good Ole Henry County. Classiest Fans, Classiest Coaching Staff, and Classiest Team in the whole state. Thank you BIG RED for all that you do.

Kaiser

There were several Henry County fans sitting around me. Talk about no class. These fans took the cake. The talk began after Henry County scored the first touchdown. Fortunately, Hillsboro scored to somewhat quiet them down. Still, they thought Henry County would blow us away. I finally got to enjoy the game during the second half because they did not come back to their seats. If you are going to sit on the opponent's side, SHOW SOME CLASS.

dang donkeys rats!!!!!!!!!!!! i guess if you want something done you got to do it yourself!!!!!!!!

what happened HC ??? u let us down !!! ..you brought Paris TN with you but the football team well lets say naah i cant say that, you didnt learn from the maplewood game on your first visit ...these guys load the box on run teams ..so its pass pass pass noticed how easy u moved the ball when passing.. crowd was huge full vistor half of home side ... wow i was shocked ....i mean i had to stand on a freaking hill!! oh well as much as it pains me to say ..congrats you dang donkey rats uhh i feel so sick!!!... now im stuck in between a rock and hard place Maryville or Hillsboro? awwwww this stinks ..flip a coin? or why dont both teams forfeit the title game!!

LOL! Can you say "bitter"?

Btw, HHS didn't lose to MBA (or Franklin for that matter) "because" of injuries. However, it certainly could have had a different outcome if Corey Jordan (scored 2 TDs tonight against HC) and Alex Crutcher were fully healthy. That is hard to dispute I would think. Also, HHS's starting QB went down with an injury tonight against HC after the first series and didn't play the rest of the way. HHS wasn't exactly playing with a "stacked deck".

Congrats on a great season played Henry County! Teague is the real deal and will make a fine CB in college! 2008 has just been a bad year to play in the postseason as a team called the Patriots apparently....whether you are Henry County or New England.

What's your address? I will mail you some tissue. Come on this football. I get so tired of the "we lost because of injuries". Everyone has them it is part of the game. You won last night. Take the high road, and the injury talk for someone else.

Congrats to hillsboro. Please go out and end the streak. If we lose to anybody I want it to be the state champs. As for the fans both were being disrespectfull at times. But that's how every team is. As for our fans sittin on your side. All I can say is get there earlier. I don't think either team was better. I just think hillsboro outplayed us. We can give excuses but we just didn't make plays and capitalize and they did. Henry county good season. And to the seniors best of luck to whatever you do in the future.

Good for you, I'm glad you get reasonable financial backing for your football stadium. As a Metro-Nashville Public School, HHS isn't that fortunate. However, the issue becomes that HHS fans are being displaced AT THEIR OWN STADIUM because Henry County folks don't want to stand up.

Not a Henry Co. fan, but I would have to say for future reference, "it's the playoffs." Maybe your fans should get to the stadium ealier. Then you wouldn't have to worry about it. That being said, if I am the visiting team there is no way I sit on the home side. I would have stood before I sat with the opposing team. I see how it can be viewed as a little classless, but didn't a Henry Co. fan on here say they had the classiest fans in whole state. In that case, you must be mistaken. lol