Dyer County vs. Ripley

BasketballFan1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DC 83-76. Choctaws clicking at times....not clicking at others. Gotta rebound. Constant rotation still kept up..... will help them in the long run. Ripley is better than some think...very fast with good shooting guards. We showed what we can do as a team in the end though. Fred Yarborough and J. Williamson played great..those guys can hang with any 4yr. players..CJ and Rex kept things n check. Big Ced made some good shots when we needed them. #44 played well also.....I'm leaving out alot.....my 7 yr. old kept me quite busy..haaa!!!!!Some VERY bizarre calls by the refs....wasn't the prettiest game in the world but a win is a win.

wow. dyer county prevails in a close one. i didnt see this one coming. not a good game by the choctaws. i hate to rag on officiating but i saw one of the worst calls in my life at the end of the third. hudson was called for a blocking foul right at the buzzer. officiating was pretty bad both ways. thats all ill say about the men wearing the stripes. fred yarbrough had a great game. dyer county needs to work on defense and free throws.

kody gross could be the next reginald buckner. lol

This game was closer than the score indicates. Ripley came within one point midway of the forth quarter. Big Ced came up big in the closing minutes to make some big putbacks to seal the deal. We have got to improve on our offensive rebounding. Ripley got way to many putbacks and easy baskets. Hudson was off tonight too, and that didn't help matters much either. It was ugly, but a win is a win. One thing is for sure we will get better as the year goes along. We got Union City next, and they are comming off a big 26 point loss to Humbolt. Snapped a 40 game winning streek against the Tornadoes. Union City will be mad and try to take it out on us. I hope we are ready for the challenge. "GO BIG ORANGE" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What I saw in this game was that it seems DC prematurely substituted last night.Score was 22-9 when starting 5 came out in the first half. Then Ripley made a run and it was 25 -21 in no time.Now, I know that I'm no coach and McCORD is good at what he does, but momentum can give confidence and sway an entire game. I believe continuous rotation is good in some instances, but a solid 7 is going to get you over the hump in the tight games.Now DC is young and maybe coach is still searching for those special ones that separate themselves from the others, I don't know but, what I do know is that DC made that game closer than it should have been because Ripey is too good of a team to give a second chance.

This game was closer than the score indicates. Ripley came within one point midway of the forth quarter. Big Ced came up big in the closing minutes to make some big putbacks to seal the deal. We have got to improve on our offensive rebounding. Ripley got way to many putbacks and easy baskets. Hudson was off tonight too, and that didn't help matters much either. It was ugly, but a win is a win. One thing is for sure we will get better as the year goes along. We got Union City next, and they are comming off a big 26 point loss to Humbolt. Snapped a 40 game winning streek against the Tornadoes. Union City will be mad and try to take it out on us. I hope we are ready for the challenge. "GO BIG ORANGE" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

How good are Kody Gross and John Hudson Compared to the rest of the field. Do the have the maturity to play at the varsity level?