Franklin Rebels vs White Station

Not sure about the best defense in the state. I do know that in the playoffs that FHS is playing a little stronger schedule and holding opponents to 7 points whereas Oakland and Ooltewah are allowing 8 points a game - not a big number but huge when you're talking about scoring. White Station, who has played the toughest schedule amongst the 4 teams, is allowing 18 points per game in the playoffs.

BTW: WSHS, we have our own Alex Ford who will make you look silly (hopefully) who drug 5 players from Brentwood about 15 extra yards before they stopped him. Should be a battle Royale between these two.

I would think Franklin would be the favorite in this group. Here's to my REBELS going all the way!!!

This is not the thread to talk about Ooltewah since there is going to be a great match up one here already but the Ooltewah defense is not the one who has been scored on... at least not much. Probably half of the scores against Ooltewah have been on special teams or when the offense gives up an interception and allows the opposing team to take it to the two yard line like last Friday. The defense held for three downs but any good team that has first and two from the goal line will score, and Faragut is a good team. Now back to the White Station vs. Franklin game. It sounds like White Station is the surprise team and probably the underdog in this game. I will pull for White Station just because they remind me of Ooltewah who is looking to make their first ever state tournament game.

Good luck to all and safe travels!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're trying to say that Oakland is similar to the '04, which is the team that beat FHS, Riverdale team, then you're sadly mistaken. The 2004 RHS team was incredible, with impact players such as Gaston Miller, who now plays for Vandy. That Riverdale team had like 8 shutouts, and never won a game by less than 14 points. No comparison to the 2008 Oakland team AT ALL. Furthermore, Region 4 is down this year, as Smyrna is not very good, and there really isn't anyone else that is decent except for Siegel. Sorry, no comparison

Also, whoever said that this year is different because of a different coach must not have followed FHS when they went to state 4 years ago. Coach Johnson was a great coach, and so is Clayton, but I don't think anyone could have beat that Warrior football team.

No i was just asking when was the last time Franklin went to state and if it was under the same hea coach.

Region 4 isnt down. THIS YEAR IS THE MOST COMPETITIVE YEAR EVER FOR REGION 4.

TRANSLATION.... Brandon hayes will make a def look silly... And the fans will be saying come on guys... wtf make a tackle. This is a Whitestation RB im referring to.

"wtf" ?

haven't heard that one in a while...

our defense is ready and the younger ones have matured a lot and all our defenders are ready for some contact.

This is not the thread to talk about Ooltewah since there is going to be a great match up one here already but the Ooltewah defense is not the one who has been scored on... at least not much. Probably half of the scores against Ooltewah have been on special teams or when the offense gives up an interception and allows the opposing team to take it to the two yard line like last Friday. The defense held for three downs but any good team that has first and two from the goal line will score, and Faragut is a good team. Now back to the White Station vs. Franklin game. It sounds like White Station is the surprise team and probably the underdog in this game. I will pull for White Station just because they remind me of Ooltewah who is looking to make their first ever state tournament game.

Good luck to all and safe travels!

BOTH SEMIFINAL GAMES ARE GOING TO COME DOWN TO THE WIRE. WHICHEVER TEAMS ADVANCE CERTAINLY DESERVE TO PLAY FOR THE GOLD BALL

Hey Spartansfan, I believe I remember you from 2 years ago. Is this year's WS team comparable to the team that played Ravenwood 2 years ago?

Thanks for bringing up that memory! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

We felt good about our chance to move into the championship game the way the 1st half went. Ravenwood kinda stomped on us in the 2nd half though.

Comparing the team of 2 years ago to this one is truly an apples/oranges comparison. The team we had 2 years ago was more experienced in some key positions. We had a totally different coaching staff running a pro set type offense. We were more predictable, but we executed very well. (at least until the 2nd half of the Ravenwood game)

This year we run a spread offense. It's more aggressive in the play calling, perhaps less predictable. We've had some inconsistencies that are a result of players learning new positions, a new system, and also we have fewer seniors on this team. Our defense is more aggressive than 2 years ago.

I really can't assess Franklin, but based on teams I've seen from region 6 in the past couple of years, it's safe to assume we will need to protect the ball and have one of our best efforts to win this one. But we're used to that underdog role. Anytime we've gone up against a quality opponent, we've been the 'dog.

How does Franklin rate compared to last seasons Indy team.....or Ravenwood from the year before? It's hard to visualize how good a team is with nothing to compare them to. And someone posted about a runningback carrying 5 Brentwood defenders down the field....I don't think that would accurately represent what Franklin does on a consistent basis. Otherwise, they would have blowout Brentwood.

How does Franklin rate compared to last seasons Indy team.....or Ravenwood from the year before? It's hard to visualize how good a team is with nothing to compare them to. And someone posted about a runningback carrying 5 Brentwood defenders down the field....I don't think that would accurately represent what Franklin does on a consistent basis. Otherwise, they would have blowout Brentwood.

Better than the Indy team last year, but about the same as the Ravenwood team from the year before that. I would say that the Ravenwood team had a better defense, however this Franklin team has a better offense.

The west side of the bracket was down last year, however this year Franklin will have a chance with whomever the east side produces for the championship game (obviously I am picking Franklin in this one). Although if you can stop or limit Frankin's run game, then you will have a chance. Good luck to both teams.

"wtf" ?

haven't heard that one in a while...

our defense is ready and the younger ones have matured a lot and all our defenders are ready for some contact.

This was showed the other night against Brentwood, a team that people said would "run all over" the defensive backs. This will never happen. The Rebels have much to strong of a team of just be pushed over and beaten. Should be a great game on Friday, but probably not as good as the Brentwood vs. Franklin game. I think that Franklin will pull away a little bit in this one.

This was showed the other night against Brentwood, a team that people said would "run all over" the defensive backs. This will never happen. The Rebels have much to strong of a team of just be pushed over and beaten. Should be a great game on Friday, but probably not as good as the Brentwood vs. Franklin game. I think that Franklin will pull away a little bit in this one.

Last year WS played Millington in the quarter finals. Millington had a couple of rb's that lit us up pretty bad. Of course everyone made the assumption that Millington would have similar success when they met Indy in the semi's. There were a couple of times Millinton's backs got loose, but for the most part, Indy kept them in check well enough to win the game.

I know we have some good rb's, and given some space to run, they can get after it! But I also know as we get deeper into the playoffs the opponents tend to get better and these wild running plays that victimize a team one week, doesn't neccessarily mean the next game will see similar results. I do suspect we'll see some good runs by both teams.

Is Ford more of a power back? Or does he have the speed and moves to run away from the defense?

This Franklin team is the best team to come out of the region since 2005. 2006 Ravenwood was good, but people forget that their defense wasn't much of anything after the first round of the playoffs--they gave up 28, 29, and 28 in wins against Antioch, Hunters Lane, and White Station before Smyrna dropped 35 on them in the title game. Franklin hasn't given up more than 14 points since October 3. They have an unbelievable amount of experience on both sides of the ball....their QB (a Mr. Football Finalist) has been playing for the better part of three years and has a lot of playoff games under his belt. He may not wow you with his statistics but he rarely makes mistakes and is extremely well coached. The receivers make plays when they need to and they have great chemistry with Nichols.

The running game is scary. Lee and Ford are both juniors and both have had outstanding seasons in one of the state's toughest regions.

I would say Franklin's biggest strength is line play on both sides of the ball. The O-Line is absolutely outstanding--one of the best I've seen and the defensive guys (led by JD Jervis) wreak havoc all game long. This team has no discernible weakness and has every tool necessary to bring home a gold ball. That said, there are a ton of variables in a football game.

Although they have experience, Franklin hasn't made it this far under Clayton, so you don't know how they will react. However, I've watched them for the last four years and I felt like the quarterfinals were the big hump for them...they have gotten over that hump and there's no reason why they shouldn't move past White Station on Friday night.

I'm an Independence fan, but my allegiance is solely to the Rebels right now. Good luck boys...represent 6-5A well!