Franklin Rebels vs White Station

well every team has an off night..... Franklin must of had an off night when they lost?

Thanks for your support millingtonfan, but I think it's time to give Franklin their props. They showed up and played their game. We were in good shape. The players were up, loose and ready. We simply lost to a better team last night. I could go down a list of excuses and things we coulda, woulda, shoulda done better. But this is more about what Franklin accomplished and less about us not trying to do what we've done to get this far.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand your post is directed to millingtonfan. But I do want to comment on the topic.

Franklin played a great game, hats off to them! They executed very well, and were very consistent in their play. They are obviously well coached. I can't predict an outcome of next weeks matchup simply because I know nothing of Oakland. I would suspect it will be competitive since Oakland is from the central area, and seemingly, the central area has a system figured out to keep seeing success in 5A football. The confidence 6-5A has is justified with the records posted in these playoff games.

I don't believe the central area has all the talent. What I witnessed last night wasn't about one person having amazing talent. Yes, Ford is pretty fast. Once he got around the corner on us, he was gone. Your QB showed a great amount of poise and accuracy on his passes. But the key to your success is in your O-line. When your blocking broke down, the plays broke down. When blocking was good, the play had success.

For WS, our inside running game wasn't working. That forced us into a passing game, and trying to get to the outside with screens and such. Franklin's defense was very disciplined with staying put and not allowing all of the side to side movement to get people out of position. Normally, that is one thing we use to our benefit. When the defensive players get out of position, our running backs have space, and can exploit that space to our benefit. But it didn't work last night. That's a credit to Franklin's defense and their preparation.

The blueprint for success seems consistent whether it's Franklin, Indy from last year, or Ravenwood from the year before. Those are the times I've witnessed 6-5A football. And all three teams, even with their individuality, seems to have the same recipe for succeeding.

We have a young team at WS, and while we are disappointed to lose the game, we are happy to have gotten into the semi finals. It's into the offseason for us. Perhaps we can build on where we are now and get back next year!

First of all....You have very good points here...Thank you for your support and analysis.

I have read all your posts on here and you truly have class. Supporting your team without getting tied up in the Hoopla" as I shall call it.

Your team should be proud of what they have accomplished as well as your fans.

Great season Spartans and good luck in the future !

First of all....You have very good points here...Thank you for your support and analysis.

I have read all your posts on here and you truly have class. Supporting your team without getting tied up in the Hoopla" as I shall call it.

Your team should be proud of what they have accomplished as well as your fans.

Great season Spartans and good luck in the future !

Thanks for your kind words. My perspective is pretty simple. I know how hard the players for WS have worked over the past few seasons. I also see the desire to win, the disappointment after a loss. It's the team I support.

It would be safe to reason the other teams making playoff runs have also worked very hard to reach their goals. Only one team gets to win the last game. It doesn't diminish the effort of the organization nor the effort of the young men that sacrifice many hours of hard work to attempt to reach the ultimate goal. Teams that continue on deserve credit for their effort. It isn't easy.

I understand your post is directed to millingtonfan. But I do want to comment on the topic.

Franklin played a great game, hats off to them! They executed very well, and were very consistent in their play. They are obviously well coached. I can't predict an outcome of next weeks matchup simply because I know nothing of Oakland. I would suspect it will be competitive since Oakland is from the central area, and seemingly, the central area has a system figured out to keep seeing success in 5A football. The confidence 6-5A has is justified with the records posted in these playoff games.

I don't believe the central area has all the talent. What I witnessed last night wasn't about one person having amazing talent. Yes, Ford is pretty fast. Once he got around the corner on us, he was gone. Your QB showed a great amount of poise and accuracy on his passes. But the key to your success is in your O-line. When your blocking broke down, the plays broke down. When blocking was good, the play had success.

For WS, our inside running game wasn't working. That forced us into a passing game, and trying to get to the outside with screens and such. Franklin's defense was very disciplined with staying put and not allowing all of the side to side movement to get people out of position. Normally, that is one thing we use to our benefit. When the defensive players get out of position, our running backs have space, and can exploit that space to our benefit. But it didn't work last night. That's a credit to Franklin's defense and their preparation.

The blueprint for success seems consistent whether it's Franklin, Indy from last year, or Ravenwood from the year before. Those are the times I've witnessed 6-5A football. And all three teams, even with their individuality, seems to have the same recipe for succeeding.

We have a young team at WS, and while we are disappointed to lose the game, we are happy to have gotten into the semi finals. It's into the offseason for us. Perhaps we can build on where we are now and get back next year!

Franklin is a solid well disiplined team that makes few mistakes and takes advantage of others mistakes

that played a key role last night. Franklin started slow with prolly under 8 yeards of offense the first 2 possesions but worked up the field with the close to 40 yards in penalties givin from white station. There were lost of penalties on white stations part which didnt help. They were a big team and seemed to have talent good luck next year & GO REBELS