Franklin Rebels vs White Station

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had the honor to watch Franklin play a few times this season and they're the best team i've seen besides a healthy Hillsboro and MBA. I think Franklin will take this game and i have them winning state. Great talent for the Rebels at every position and get away from the fact that Franklin is one of the best coached teams in all of the state. Good luck to both teams though

Didn't that team from Memphis beat MBA by 4 touchdowns?

dont get to cocky. White Station is no push over

As a nuetral observer I will chime in here. The coaching is so much better in Williamson County. It will be just like the Ravenwood vs. White Station game a couple of years ago. WS came out in the first half and jumped all over them. After the Half adjustments were made WS managed -11 yds of offense in the second half. Once again the Williamson County team went to M'Boro to play in the big game.

dont get to cocky. White Station is no push over

Any team that makes it to the semis is obviously very talented. I don't think anyone is getting overlooked or taken for granted at this point in the season.

Looking forward to the big game friday night (with hopefully a little warmer weather than last friday /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> ).

As a nuetral observer I will chime in here. The coaching is so much better in Williamson County. It will be just like the Ravenwood vs. White Station game a couple of years ago. WS came out in the first half and jumped all over them. After the Half adjustments were made WS managed -11 yds of offense in the second half. Once again the Williamson County team went to M'Boro to play in the big game.

If fhs does win whomwould you want oakland or owls

It must be getting real old for Memphis area teams to constantly hear the lack of confidence in playing Williamson County teams. The last two years were excellent opportunities to turn it around because of home field advantage. I don't see any difference in the outcome this year from a dominating Franklin Rebels team. I have no doubt Franklin will win 5A this year.

Obviously pulling for Franklin in this one. Would be nice to see another Franklin team in the Championship. Still cant believe though that many of the ball boys from my senior year at Franklin are now senior leaders on this team. Geeze, i feel old now.

Wish I could be at this one. Will be in Detroit though keeping up. Hope someone on here can give updates...

Last year WS played Millington in the quarter finals. Millington had a couple of rb's that lit us up pretty bad. Of course everyone made the assumption that Millington would have similar success when they met Indy in the semi's. There were a couple of times Millinton's backs got loose, but for the most part, Indy kept them in check well enough to win the game.

I know we have some good rb's, and given some space to run, they can get after it! But I also know as we get deeper into the playoffs the opponents tend to get better and these wild running plays that victimize a team one week, doesn't neccessarily mean the next game will see similar results. I do suspect we'll see some good runs by both teams.

Is Ford more of a power back? Or does he have the speed and moves to run away from the defense?

Spartanfan, you are outnumbered on this website but don't get discouraged. You guys have a good football team and have as much chance as any of the other 3 teams at advancing. You will hear all types of reasoning at this point about why teams will win but all 4 teams are good. Like most years these games will come down to execution, TURNOVERS and PENALTIES. Last year Indy came to West TN and the game was decided by turnovers and penalties.

Mill 320 rush, 140 Pass total 460yds & Indy 140 rush,.330 pass total 470yds, "pretty even huh"

Interception before half that lead to TD for INDY and 4th Down pass interference inside of 2 min. in 4th qtr lead to 1st and goal and the game winning TD. You eliminate the turnovers and untimely penalties and you can compete. Should be a good game and enjoy the underdog role your team has played well with that label all year.

Good luck to all 4 teams and may the best two teams advance for a great Championship game.

Spartanfan, you are outnumbered on this website but don't get discouraged. You guys have a good football team and have as much chance as any of the other 3 teams at advancing. You will hear all types of reasoning at this point about why teams will win but all 4 teams are good. Like most years these games will come down to execution, TURNOVERS and PENALTIES. Last year Indy came to West TN and the game was decided by turnovers and penalties.

Mill 320 rush, 140 Pass total 460yds & Indy 140 rush,.330 pass total 470yds, "pretty even huh"

Interception before half that lead to TD for INDY and 4th Down pass interference inside of 2 min. in 4th qtr lead to 1st and goal and the game winning TD. You eliminate the turnovers and untimely penalties and you can compete. Should be a good game and enjoy the underdog role your team has played well with that label all year.

Good luck to all 4 teams and may the best two teams advance for a great Championship game.

Thanks cam6. I actually understand the position most of the posters take. Since they're mostly located in central Tn, and either fans of FHS, or played them, they have a grasp of how good they are. And history is on their side also. I asked Coach Rutherford if it was worth wasting the gas to make the trip. Looks like we still plan on limping in. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I agree that any team that makes it this far is worthy of respect. The mistakes normally dictate the outcome. I've got no doubt we need our "A" game. But whatever the outcome, we will enjoy the ride this season has provided. I know I have pulled for every team that comes out of Memphis in their pursuit of winning state. My son and I went to the Millington/Indy game last year. One of these years, a West Tn team is going to sneak in to the semi's and win it for a change. I really thought Millington was going to be that team last year.

Thanks for the support, it is appreciated!

It must be getting real old for Memphis area teams to constantly hear the lack of confidence in playing Williamson County teams. The last two years were excellent opportunities to turn it around because of home field advantage. I don't see any difference in the outcome this year from a dominating Franklin Rebels team. I have no doubt Franklin will win 5A this year.

I don't know if home field really helped WS in '06 or Millington in '07. I'm glad I didn't have to make a 3+hr drive! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> But Ravenwood and Indy both had a very strong fan base show up. It didn't appear to negatively affect the players either.

And yes, it would be very gratifying to get a West Tn team past a semi-final game for a change! But I guess when we put the pieces of the puzzle together to build a strong enough program that can beat a Central Tn team, then it'll happen. Only one team wins their last game of the season. The rest have to be content with getting as far as they did. I'm just glad we have playoffs instead of going off a rating system like NCAA does.

Thanks cam6. I actually understand the position most of the posters take. Since they're mostly located in central Tn, and either fans of FHS, or played them, they have a grasp of how good they are. And history is on their side also. I asked Coach Rutherford if it was worth wasting the gas to make the trip. Looks like we still plan on limping in. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I agree that any team that makes it this far is worthy of respect. The mistakes normally dictate the outcome. I've got no doubt we need our "A" game. But whatever the outcome, we will enjoy the ride this season has provided. I know I have pulled for every team that comes out of Memphis in their pursuit of winning state. My son and I went to the Millington/Indy game last year. One of these years, a West Tn team is going to sneak in to the semi's and win it for a change. I really thought Millington was going to be that team last year.

Thanks for the support, it is appreciated!

Hey Whitstation Fans, as a Millington fan Iam pulling for you and so are many more you guys have nothing to fear , as Cam said you can compete and win.

well guys get rdy for Brandon Hayes and Julian Burton... You guys will be like make a tackle guys wtf come on..... Whitestations D is very good... Should be a good game.

Look at here .. I've been doing some research and I have found some film on that Brandon Hayes Kid. Man I'm a Die hard rebels fan but that kid can flat out play. Anybody who puts up 250 + rush yards in a quartfinal playoff game is good to me ... Here is his link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhXcySANkmw and that Julian Burton kid looks like Reggie Bush out there .. here is his link as well

Lets see what these guys can do against our UNSTOPABLE defense though. GO REBELS!!!!!!!