Franklin Rebels vs White Station

From what I've heard and read, WS is a team to be respected on both sides of the line, but they will meet a team that is well respected on both sides. Franklin's advantage is the skill of the O line to open holes for RBs and give the QB time to pass, QB who does it all and reads defenses well, receivers who outrun their coverage, and let's not forget a Defense that is tough to score on - either run or pass. This Rebel team will win Friday! Not cocky; we just believe in our team!

FHS 21

WS 7 -maybe

well said unlike your compadre. was franklins last championship game against the 05 rhs team?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well said unlike your compadre. was franklins last championship game against the 05 rhs team?

It was against the UNDEFEATED 2004 R'dale team. Franklin had a different Coach then though. Franklin's current coach is well respected in two states that I know of for sure. One is Tn where he has built a solid program at Franklin and the Second is Ky where he won their version of the Gold Ball with the team he had there. Franklins only score in that game was in the last 2 minutes of the game when R'dale had the third string in.

In 2005 R'dale lost to Oak Ridge in the semis. Been going down hill ever since!

As to this game I will say I 'think' Franklin will take it. While WS has a very good team, they have not faced the same level of compitition Franklin has every week this year. Not WS fault but West Tn is not what is considered a powerhouse Region year after year. Last team to make it to the big dance from there was Germantown with its MONSTER line that beat R'dale 10-7 or something like that.

Region 6 certainly has history on its side. There's no question that whoever makes it through their bracket is nothing short of a quality team with plenty of talent and good coaching. I'm sure the overwhelming opinion would favor Franklin in this game. WS will do their best to show up and make a game of it.

Our resume isn't full of lopsided wins agains powerhouse opponents. We are young. We have a coaching staff in their 1st year at WS and concequently we've been on a huge learning curve all season. We have an O line that is in their 1st year together. They have made huge strides in improving their play as the season has progressed. Qb is a senior, 1st year to start. We do have good players in the skill positions. Hopefully, we can bring our best effort of the year to this game.

Our defense is solid. I expect them to show up and play well. Our defense typically makes it tough for a team to consistently drive down the field. They aren't prone to giving up alot of points and don't allow many big plays.

This promises to be a long week, because I'm anxious to get the game on! Best of luck to Franklin, and hopefully we can have a clean game with the best effort by both teams.

If you're trying to say that Oakland is similar to the '04, which is the team that beat FHS, Riverdale team, then you're sadly mistaken. The 2004 RHS team was incredible, with impact players such as Gaston Miller, who now plays for Vandy. That Riverdale team had like 8 shutouts, and never won a game by less than 14 points. No comparison to the 2008 Oakland team AT ALL. Furthermore, Region 4 is down this year, as Smyrna is not very good, and there really isn't anyone else that is decent except for Siegel. Sorry, no comparison

Also, whoever said that this year is different because of a different coach must not have followed FHS when they went to state 4 years ago. Coach Johnson was a great coach, and so is Clayton, but I don't think anyone could have beat that Warrior football team.

I've had the honor to watch Franklin play a few times this season and they're the best team i've seen besides a healthy Hillsboro and MBA. I think Franklin will take this game and i have them winning state. Great talent for the Rebels at every position and get away from the fact that Franklin is one of the best coached teams in all of the state. Good luck to both teams though

I've had the honor to watch Franklin play a few times this season and they're the best team i've seen besides a healthy Hillsboro and MBA. I think Franklin will take this game and i have them winning state. Great talent for the Rebels at every position and get away from the fact that Franklin is one of the best coached teams in all of the state. Good luck to both teams though

Correction, Best team you have seen besides a healthy MBA team only. Franklin Beat Hillsboro so no argument there.

well guys get rdy for Brandon Hayes and Julian Burton... You guys will be like make a tackle guys wtf come on..... Whitestations D is very good... Should be a good game.

If someone could please translate that for me that would be great.

Don't know too much about White Station, but Franklin has an extremely strong team. The running backs just don't seem to be able to be stopped. Franklin also has a very strong defense that has allowed very few points this year.

Franklin is my pick.

You may want to find out a little more about the teams you are referring before making such a BOLD statement. I don't know much about Oakland but I can tell you that Ooltewah may just have the strongest defense in the state this year. They are big and they are fast. And don't even think about running on them, just ask Faragut as they only mustered -3 yards on the ground against them. Faragut had been putting up huge numbers on the ground against a lot of other good teams.

Looking forward to Oakland this Friday and hopefully meeting one of the west TN teams in BORO.

Go Owls!

Not sure about the best defense in the state. I do know that in the playoffs that FHS is playing a little stronger schedule and holding opponents to 7 points whereas Oakland and Ooltewah are allowing 8 points a game - not a big number but huge when you're talking about scoring. White Station, who has played the toughest schedule amongst the 4 teams, is allowing 18 points per game in the playoffs.

BTW: WSHS, we have our own Alex Ford who will make you look silly (hopefully) who drug 5 players from Brentwood about 15 extra yards before they stopped him. Should be a battle Royale between these two.

I would think Franklin would be the favorite in this group. Here's to my REBELS going all the way!!!

If someone could please translate that for me that would be great.

Don't know too much about White Station, but Franklin has an extremely strong team. The running backs just don't seem to be able to be stopped. Franklin also has a very strong defense that has allowed very few points this year.

Franklin is my pick.

TRANSLATION.... Brandon hayes will make a def look silly... And the fans will be saying come on guys... wtf make a tackle. This is a Whitestation RB im referring to.

im sorry but i watched his you tube video and i was not that impressed i just saw a bunch of lazy defenders on the other team not running to the ball every play...... he wont see any lazy effort out of the rebels this friday night.....

and i hope WS can bring out a crowd cuz i know the Franklin side is going to be packed....