2009 sullivan south football

Guest footballfan100

Thanks Comp, for the info. We are really behind in all this but catching up quick. We're looking into the camps online and getting that set up. Feed me as much info as you can as it comes to you. We so appreciate your help.

We're setting him up with a trainer this week and getting his workout schedule/diet/etc. started. He also has to get a job to buy a car for himself. Anyone need some help that requires a strong farm boy?

Will he work with the trainer in addition to team workouts?

How and who did you find? Good luck /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> The blue 2 is special !

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How and who did you find? Good luck /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> The blue 2 is special !

I would assume she is taking him to Scott Held. He has a complete understanding of the combines and what is required. Scott is wonderful but the only thing is he will put him on a long term program to strengthen his core. By and large most weight training programs ignore the core. Three diciplines that drill the core from day one are Taekwondo, Ballet and gymnastics. And you say, "so what is bad about that?" He only has six weeks...he won't get his core in shape in six weeks. My view is to concentrate on form. Form is technique. Technique is the perfection of the movement. Leading up to that perfection is the elimination of bad habits. True, you can have him throw the powerball 100 times a day and if he is doing it wrong (as in bad form) then all is wasted.

Yes he will work with a trainer in addition to team workouts. Scott Held is at MedFit which is inside the Great Body Co. Unless they have moved.

I have been gone a while and have thoroughly enjoyed the 9 pages of this thread. I don't know all the people, players, initials, etc. But it is pretty amazing how one can kind of follow the stories based on the openness of the posters.

As I watch Alcoa win its 10th State Title and 5th in a row, I contemplate what it takes to have such success.

Talent and demographics are key factors, but equally important is the continuity and system the coaching staff brings to year round preparation for football. Finally, something not to be overlooked is parent and community involvement. One aspect of this is the passion the fans bring to boards like this. While alot of this is internet blogging bs, much of it is very insightful and takes time and effort on the part of the poster.

Congratulations to the Rebel Nation for their energy and support of their program. As I have said before, the resurgence of the Rebels is the most interesting HS football story in the past several years. In fact, my order for local HS buzz is:

1. Resurgence of SS in '05 - '08

2. Coach Mac era at Greeneville

3. Success of Hampton (not this year, but pretty good from '05 - '07)

4. Early playoff exits by D-B

5. Slippage in the THS program (Sorry, Coach Stubbs, but if you were in the SEC, you would be gone)

6. The maturation of Gilligan (more to come - watch out RI-AAA)

A fascinating year, overall.

I have been gone a while and have thoroughly enjoyed the 9 pages of this thread. I don't know all the people, players, initials, etc. But it is pretty amazing how one can kind of follow the stories based on the openness of the posters.

As I watch Alcoa win its 10th State Title and 5th in a row, I contemplate what it takes to have such success.

Talent and demographics are key factors, but equally important is the continuity and system the coaching staff brings to year round preparation for football. Finally, something not to be overlooked is parent and community involvement. One aspect of this is the passion the fans bring to boards like this. While alot of this is internet blogging bs, much of it is very insightful and takes time and effort on the part of the poster.

Congratulations to the Rebel Nation for their energy and support of their program. As I have said before, the resurgence of the Rebels is the most interesting HS football story in the past several years. In fact, my order for local HS buzz is:

1. Resurgence of SS in '05 - '08

2. Coach Mac era at Greeneville

3. Success of Hampton (not this year, but pretty good from '05 - '07)

4. Early playoff exits by D-B

5. Slippage in the THS program (Sorry, Coach Stubbs, but if you were in the SEC, you would be gone)

6. The maturation of Gilligan (more to come - watch out RI-AAA)

A fascinating year, overall.

ET, I must say a nice 6 stories regardless of the ranking. Good job /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't know if this is a story, but could the Bear (bryant) win at Cocke County. A seemingly hopeless situation.

Bobby's dad & I have busted it out collecting info, making calls, interviewing trainers, etc. since Comp put my head in the game. We actually have 3 things going on with him in addition to regular team work outs:

First, he met with Scott Welds at Great Body Company. He put him through all the drills for timed and measured events used by combines and recruiting. We'll use him about once a week for awhile to get Bobby on track with his times and measures, etc. He's a smart guy in the field and comes highly recommended.

Second, we hired Dustin Mohr to be his overall trainer in workout, diet, strengthening, etc. Dustin is a Rebel '05 graduate and nearing graduation at ETSU in heath & fitness. He works at Lifestyle Fitness Center as a trainer- my gym here in JC. Dustin comes highly recommended from our family--- he's a good friend of Jessica's, a good guy in the community, and an excellent student. We definately wanted the good student part to be alongside his weight training because grades are everything (especially when your mom's a dang teacher /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" ) Dustin will start with him next week--- and I love that Bobby's a little 'fraid because he told me that Dusin plans to work his tail off. Just what I ordered for the boy.

Third, I have a friend & coach here in the JC system- a recent graduate of Ohio State- that has been reviewing Bobby's game film and breaking the plays down for him for the last few years. He's really a pro at it and very hard core and specific about what B needs to work on. He breaks the plays down and really makes it clear what B could have done better/different to contribute. He gives him an overall % score like most do, etc. He'll be meeting with Bobby weekly to review game film and work on specific senarios.

We hope B may be able to get a job at one of the gyms around here- that way he can make some money and work out for free. I think God has a plan. Funny how he always does.

We've got Stacy's blessings on all the above and opened up our pocketbook--- because none of the help is cheap. It's Bobby's decision to try all three guys for awhile since they bring different talents and ideas to the table. B knows if things get too much or grades fall, we'll back off. At this point, I really think he believes we'll do what we say. Ha!

We're just starting somewhere and plan to hammer it out as we go. Isn't that what most parents do anyway? You all have been a great support to me on Coach T--- I appreciate your hospitality, advice, and humor. Keep it comin' until I can graduate the boy--- then it'll be two down and 3 to go! (I'll be dead by then.)

And for the CORE training---- the boy will be going to Yoga/Pilates with ME several times a week. Funny story: I took him to yoga with me at the gym on Saturday and he went along laughingly.... he came outta the gym in nearly dead and told his dad 'They don't do Yoga like I thought! They're crazy and it's really hard! I'm glad we don't have to do that at football practice- we'd die!' Yep, he'll be saying OM with MOM several days a week... and just loving it, don't you bet?! Truthfully, yoga is the best core exercise around for any strength level. I'm addicted to it for mind, body, & soul. Bobby should be soon, too! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

BobbyMama

ET, I must say a nice 6 stories regardless of the ranking. Good job /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't know if this is a story, but could the Bear (bryant) win at Cocke County. A seemingly hopeless situation.

Paul took some very bad teams and turned them into powers to play against.I'm just glad Kentucky was all about basketball,or they would have had what Alabama ended up with.In both sports

I would assume she is taking him to Scott Held. He has a complete understanding of the combines and what is required. Scott is wonderful but the only thing is he will put him on a long term program to strengthen his core. By and large most weight training programs ignore the core. Three diciplines that drill the core from day one are Taekwondo, Ballet and gymnastics. And you say, "so what is bad about that?" He only has six weeks...he won't get his core in shape in six weeks. My view is to concentrate on form. Form is technique. Technique is the perfection of the movement. Leading up to that perfection is the elimination of bad habits. True, you can have him throw the powerball 100 times a day and if he is doing it wrong (as in bad form) then all is wasted.

Yes he will work with a trainer in addition to team workouts. Scott Held is at MedFit which is inside the Great Body Co. Unless they have moved.

I completely agree about CORE being the most important. When you look in the gym window at all those crazy people spending 22 seconds holding one YOGA pose and laugh.... I say try it. You can only hold a pose that long if your core is strong, you are completely balanced, your mind is focused, and you are in a strength perfection hold. The SECOND your mind wanders, you put more pressure or work on one leg than the other, or you release any part of your core muscle hold---- you're gone. After major back surgery and the twins, I had to find a 'kinder & gentler' movement other than aerobics, etc. Truthfully, yoga has saved my life and I've never felt better or been in better shape at any time in my life. Now, I know you boys are laughing----so come do 2 hours of OM with MOM and watch me kick your.... yoga mat! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Bobby's dad & I have busted it out collecting info, making calls, interviewing trainers, etc. since Comp put my head in the game. We actually have 3 things going on with him in addition to regular team work outs:

First, he met with Scott Welds at Great Body Company.

BobbyMama

Fantastic! I hope the Rebs will all get back to work! 2009 is going to be another fun year. I would also recommend, Scott (but it's Held) at Med-Fit in the Great Body Company. Scott teaches the right way to work out, the safe way, and the results do come. Scott is also a top notch TSSAA and SAC football official. He knows what it takes.

By the way, BobbyMama and dad, I really need to talk to you guys before Dec 15th. I dont have your number. Could you have #2 pass it along via #1?

Fantastic! I hope the Rebs will all get back to work! 2009 is going to be another fun year. I would also recommend, Scott (but it's Held) at Med-Fit in the Great Body Company. Scott teaches the right way to work out, the safe way, and the results do come. Scott is also a top notch TSSAA and SAC football official. He knows what it takes.

By the way, BobbyMama and dad, I really need to talk to you guys before Dec 15th. I dont have your number. Could you have #2 pass it along via #1?

Yeah! Email me at work: TaylorD@jcschools.org and I'll also send it by my future son-in-law! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />