Oneida Boys Basketball

kazam37

I like the rotation they used and they did look alot better i think they will start playing like they should

What was the rotation and if it was a good one ,are the coach's maybe overlooking anyone that may still be on the bench. Sounds like the coach may have found his team players. Now they may start to improve as a team. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the rotation and if it was a good one ,are the coach's maybe overlooking anyone that may still be on the bench. Sounds like the coach may have found his team players. Now they may start to improve as a team. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Started Laxton, Jeffers, Chambers, Carson, and Slaven. West and Duncan also played significant amount of time. It doesn't appear he is overlooking anyone on bench since he has played so many people in past games. Maybe cream of the crop is rising to top. Sometimes it takes a while to find out who really wants to be part of a "team". Go Indians!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I sat and read all of these posts on Oneida from beginning to end. Many disgusted parents( I guess their kids do not play) and several supporting the new coach ( I guess their kids play). After having watched a few games and talking with parents, coaches, and students, I am convinced that we are in far worse shape than when Coach King and Coach Windle coached. I read comments like" give it time to put their system in". I read stuff like they need the right team oriented players in the game. Pretty much all of that is hogwash. The four games they have won was due to superior talent only. I saw two of those home wins. The remaining games they will win will also be due to that. There is no SYSTEM. Those coaches are really just not high school coaches. They remind me of arm chair quarterbacks who got their genie wish and got to be COACH and got yanked from the tv screen into the press box to call plays. Then discovered it was way much harder than it looked. My husband can complain all he wants but even he is smart enough to realize that it is harder than it looks. It is not the fans or parents fault. Do not blame the players. The coaching leadership is just not there. There is a lot of criticism of Yaden and Jeffers out in the community for stuff they have done or said. They may be fine men--they may not be-- I do not know them personally but they are not good coaches and they should go "MAN UP", RESIGN, quit embarassing themselves as former players, and go back to doing something else. Four wins with a returning team is not good and that is not even talking about all of the other chaos they have created. They can bellyache and make all the excuses they want but they are horrible as coaches. A lot of very good former ballplayers have tried to coach and failed. Ask Coach Fulmer, coaching is a results oriented business and he was a nice man and a great ambassador for the State. These coaches are not that either. For the team, I hope we win the rest of our games. It will not be due to "strategy" or some thought out "coaching" ploy, it will be because of the hearts and skills of the players. My husband always says that you can tell a good coach when his team is not very talented but they still win. That is not the case this year. Support the Indians and when the season is over contact our superintendant, principle, and board members and tell them Oneida deserves better.

I sat and read all of these posts on Oneida from beginning to end. Many disgusted parents( I guess their kids do not play) and several supporting the new coach ( I guess their kids play). After having watched a few games and talking with parents, coaches, and students, I am convinced that we are in far worse shape than when Coach King and Coach Windle coached. I read comments like" give it time to put their system in". I read stuff like they need the right team oriented players in the game. Pretty much all of that is hogwash. The four games they have won was due to superior talent only. I saw two of those home wins. The remaining games they will win will also be due to that. There is no SYSTEM. Those coaches are really just not high school coaches. They remind me of arm chair quarterbacks who got their genie wish and got to be COACH and got yanked from the tv screen into the press box to call plays. Then discovered it was way much harder than it looked. My husband can complain all he wants but even he is smart enough to realize that it is harder than it looks. It is not the fans or parents fault. Do not blame the players. The coaching leadership is just not there. There is a lot of criticism of Yaden and Jeffers out in the community for stuff they have done or said. They may be fine men--they may not be-- I do not know them personally but they are not good coaches and they should go "MAN UP", RESIGN, quit embarassing themselves as former players, and go back to doing something else. Four wins with a returning team is not good and that is not even talking about all of the other chaos they have created. They can bellyache and make all the excuses they want but they are horrible as coaches. A lot of very good former ballplayers have tried to coach and failed. Ask Coach Fulmer, coaching is a results oriented business and he was a nice man and a great ambassador for the State. These coaches are not that either. For the team, I hope we win the rest of our games. It will not be due to "strategy" or some thought out "coaching" ploy, it will be because of the hearts and skills of the players. My husband always says that you can tell a good coach when his team is not very talented but they still win. That is not the case this year. Support the Indians and when the season is over contact our superintendant, principle, and board members and tell them Oneida deserves better.

I agree with everything u said about yaden and jeffers, here in highlander nation were just glad we didnt get them considering they both played for us. coach sharp seems to be a good coach and a good person, and we dont have him screaming at our girls like yaden did at fairview, someone in the county was smart enough not to hire him. now oneida boys are getting a dose of him. i see oneida has won four games but thats what we expected when he was hired. good luck oneida u will need it. how has coach stevo and the b-team done? im sure with a state champion coachlike stevo i am sure the b-team is doing far better than the varisty, i havent heard.

If you two think you could coach better then go out there and coach. Getting on a website that the players and perhaps the coaches look at is not going to help the team. The only way the Indians are going to get more wins is if they buy into the coaches. I'm not a parent and have few connections to the team this season, but I do know that trashing the coaches is going to get you nothing. The coaches obviously have enough knowledge or they would not have been hired. They were not given an offseason to evaluate and prepare and offense for their players, so it has left them doing everything on the fly. This team can gel and be very good, but it takes hard work from the coaches and the players. I don't think either group has given up on each other, but fans trashing their record sure aren't helping. King and Windle are good coaches, but even when they were at Oneida they did not have full support from the fans. Yaden and his staff will just have to learn to tune out the negative and get these boys to buy in. Support your coaches and players and let's hope they can turn this around.

I agree with everything u said about yaden and jeffers, here in highlander nation were just glad we didnt get them considering they both played for us. coach sharp seems to be a good coach and a good person, and we dont have him screaming at our girls like yaden did at fairview, someone in the county was smart enough not to hire him. now oneida boys are getting a dose of him. i see oneida has won four games but thats what we expected when he was hired. good luck oneida u will need it. how has coach stevo and the b-team done? im sure with a state champion coachlike stevo i am sure the b-team is doing far better than the varisty, i havent heard.

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> LETS ALL BASH ON SOME COACHING ABILLITY,BUT BEFORE WE JUMP ON ONE SET HERE IN THE COUNTY LETS LOOK AT BOTH HIGH SCHOLS AND THERE RECORDS SENCE BOTH GROUPS ARE ENJOYING BASHING JUST ONE GROUP OF COACHES. ONEIDA BOYS 5 AND 10, ONEIDA GIRLS 8 AND 7, SCOTT BOYS 6 AND 11, SCOTT GIRLS 7 AND 10, I READ ON HERE THE TEAMS NEED HEART AND TALLENT TO WIN,THAT IS RIGHT IN MY OPPINION, SO MAYBE WE NEED TO LOOK AT THAT AS MUCH AS THE COACHING OR MAYBE COACHES ALL AROUND. YOU BLEACHER COACHES CAN DECIDE THAT AND LET THE REST OF THE COUNTY KNOW SO WE CAN GET ON WITH ENJOYING SPORTS. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well injun your husband must be very enlitend about the sport but untill you or him deside to coach this team the only thing you can do is squal. As for Sco Co fan your Highlanders may want to get in check with their coaching as well. Look back at the stats for this year no play has came out and started and played good two games in a row. One game a kid will start and do well. Come out the next game and look scared. Either way it doesnt matter if your having a winning season or a losing one someone is going to find something to complain about. As I said in an earlier post at the end of the year if the people who's opion really matters feels they arent the best for the job they wont be back next year. Honestly tho if I was to take a job as this teams coach I would make it up front an clear do not have your parents come talk to me about your time. Second I would make it clear that the " bleacher coaches" opinion doesnt matter to me. Also just to make it clear I am not a parent nor do I have any conections with this team. I am just an alumni who has pride in the school he played for, and hates to see a "bad" groups of kids come thru with ther " bad" parents and destroy what many people worked hard to build a reputation for. By bad I mean bad attitude which you can use that in anyway you want since we arent here to spare feelings. This is just my opion tho, and it doesnt matter just as non of the rest of the opions on here matter. On the bright side I am galde that people started posting again I was getting really bored.

oneida kept a steady lead from the end of the 1st on and ended up winnin by about 15 or 17 it was steady right there for most of the game though. oneida is looking better, i think they are gonna make some noise hear soon if everything keeps going in the right direction....

i guess whipping up on coalfield and sunbright is the type of noise ur talking about.

i guess whipping up on coalfield and sunbright is the type of noise ur talking about.

Someone from Scott talking about making noise is comical. You guys have 6 wins and three of them are against Midway, Oakdale, Sunbright, and another against possibly the worst team in KY this year in Monticello. Scott always plays the worst competition of anyone in their district but they make fun of Oneida? On the bright side, you guys will once again compete for 4th place in 4AA only to fall short. I bet you guys are happy Catholic and AC are leaving next season since you can't hold a candle to them. Have you ever looked at Catholic, AC, Stone, or Loudon's schedule compared to yours. No wonder! Mind your own business and quit trying to tear down the Indians when you guys are pretty bad off yourself....