Oak Ridge recruiting violations

rabidwildcatfan

Be serious! If you have a daughter in the Oak Ridge area and you are hoping that she will play college basketball, Oak Ridge is the most visible place for her to play. Oak Ridge does not have to recruit, because parents will send their daughters there anyway.

By the way, are you from Clinton? If so, how many former Oak Ridge kids are playing football and boy's basketball for Clinton this year? The transfers go both ways. Deal with it!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live 3 hours away from the Oak Ridge area but I tried making that same point on the underrated, overrated thread because everyone put Coach Prudden and Insell as overrated because they "recruit" kids..but the bottom line is they've set the foundation of winning and excellence. If I had a daughter that was a prospect and had a chance to play on the next level, I'll say that I wouldnt wait on them to recruit her I would just move in the Oak Ridge area..I'm sure thats what every other parent is doing and of course theirs good jobs waiting on those parents but some communities are more fortunate than others. But I get tired of hearing that these programs recruit on the high school level because their success speaks volumes. We hear about those recruiting violations in the Clarksville-Ashland City area and I'm sure theres nothing to it but parents wanting thier daughters to get a good education and play with some good groups of basketball players.

Posted by TnBball:

I live 3 hours away from the Oak Ridge area but I tried making that same point on the underrated, overrated thread because everyone put Coach Prudden and Insell as overrated because they "recruit" kids..but the bottom line is they've set the foundation of winning and excellence. If I had a daughter that was a prospect and had a chance to play on the next level, I'll say that I wouldnt wait on them to recruit her I would just move in the Oak Ridge area..I'm sure thats what every other parent is doing and of course theirs good jobs waiting on those parents but some communities are more fortunate than others. But I get tired of hearing that these programs recruit on the high school level because their success speaks volumes. We hear about those recruiting violations in the Clarksville-Ashland City area and I'm sure theres nothing to it but parents wanting thier daughters to get a good education and play with some good groups of basketball players.

I'm glad you brought up other posts, because the truth is that winning causes jealousy. On the football board, Maryville is chastised. On this board, it's Oak Ridge and Shelbyville. :D

Other schools also have transfers (both in and out), but the schools don't consistently win. Therefore, there is no talk of recruiting.

Check the boy's basketball board and the same Clinton fan that started this post is excited over players coming from Oak Ridge to Clinton. Did Clinton recruit? No! These mental giants will just find it easier to be eligible there! :)

[Edited by rabidwildcatfan on 8-22-02 10:37A]

I know how jealousy works, when programs have success and its from players that transferred and could have helped another porgram people get really mad.Then they start making false accuasations about it..I'm very sure that TSSAA wouldnt allow Oak Ridge and Shelbyville or any team to get away with recruiting especially if they knew about it..People make this accustions like TSSAA allow this to go on and nothings said. How Crazy?

Oak Ridge does recruit i've heard it from insides sources. 2- big recruits that has brought success are Angela Phillips and Brittany Frazier(who both live in Clinton)Players shouldn't relocate or be recruited.THIS IS HIGHSCHOOL--NOT COLLEGE. If they are good enough to play at the next level they will be found no matter where they play. :rolleyes:

You are right when you say that jealousy causes people to start yelling the word "recruiting." People are going to send there kids where they can get the best program. Shelbyville and Oak Ridge girls win in basketball so people say they recruit. Maryville and Gallatin win in football and both have been accused of recruing. How come you all don't start saying that Greenback, Clinton, Loudon, Sequatchie County, and other schools recruit. Answer is that they don't win so who cares? Right. This topic is about as old as the public/private ones. There is another right under this one about recruting with walker valley and Bradley. That is old too. Players transfer all the time in McMinn County and they go to schools where they don't live but we don't make such a big deal out of it. Jealousy rules some of you.

some of you always call it recruting? why? most of the time the coaches have nothing to do with it. good programs draw/recruit themselves. if you are a good baseball player in knoxville then everyone assumes you get recruited to farragut when really you go because it has a great program and players get better. same is true in men and womens basketball. if ya live in the tri cities they may pick science hill or women around shelbyville, oak ridge, or sevier county always migrate to those programs. its not recruiting its called wanted to be at the best possible place to get better and excell at a particular sport.

Guest iknowall

Good players want to play in good programs. There is nothing wrong with it! Just because the Oak Ridges and Shelbvilles of the world have success and win state and national championships people come on here and cry about it and say it's because of recruting. Guys you arent gonna get anywhere with this thread because like others have said, "the coaches dont go looking for players, the players go looking for the coaches and well established programs." This happens in almost every school. If a student decided to go to a different school for the art program, not one person would have a problem with it, but when it involves athletics it's just the worst decision that can be made!

Those are some really good points..That is the same cases when most kids are picking college. Good players and kids that have a chance to play on the next level of anything want to go where they'll have the best chance to develop their skills and play on winning teams. When you move into certain areas, and you're a good athlete naturally the schools with good coaching and great tradition are gonna have players in a long line knocking on the door to come into their program. Well like I've said all along, parents are gonna move thier daughters into a school where they'll have the best coaching and education to play on the next level.