Knoxville Catholic vs. Mitchell

playoffsarecool

Fine game. Catholic has made many a staff & team frustrated with just as much, if not more talent than what MM has. Ask Fulton & AE. Not a shot Turtle or Photo. MM has some nice players, and will be back next year. Catholic as well. Both very young teams.

ruse?

Are you kidding me?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

With all due respect to KC, Mitchell's foolish play-calling (frustration?) had NOTHING to do ANYTHING caused or done by KC or its staff.

Mitchell's coaching staff just messed up, on their own accord. They were not provoked, induced, forced or anything else...

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, IMO MM deserves better coaching with talent level of players they have.. find a kicking game ,learn that the objective is to win each game with Discipline in play calling is also needed from coaching staff as well as players on field.

Congrats KC on a super year,discipline,sportsmanship for all involved. Coaching wins out !

DHS,

That is an excellent & spot-on accurate summation!

Any White House fans thinking what could have been? I guess you can say. you are the 2nd best team in 3A.

Congrats to KCHS Irish!

I don't know that I'd go that far...

----------------------------------------------------------

I will conceed these two things, however:

1) White House MOST LIKELY has better coaching than Mitchell.

2) If White House executes similarily to KC, then Mitchell (while fully capable of defeating both KC and WH) would not be very likely to defeat WH, either.

The manner in which Mitchell lost to KC makes this painfully obvious, unfortunately!

Are you kidding me?

With all due respect to KC, Mitchell's foolish play-calling (frustration?) had NOTHING to do ANYTHING caused or done by KC or its staff.

Mitchell's coaching staff just messed up, on their own accord. They were not provoked, induced, forced or anything else...

Well Region2 - 3A proves King again ... winning just off top of my head the 7th out the last 8 Championships ... you are correct though ... if not for the goofball play calls from Mithchell then Catholic would have come home with the Silver ball .. Mithchell was running it down KC's throat and then try to pass .. it was terrible job of coaching by Mitchell .. there were 3 times as many better players on Mitchels team than KC ... but the players cant be blames ... the Mitchell coach lost this game ......

Are you kidding me?

Nope. From what I've seen over the years, and more this than previous, is Catholic mixing up their fronts/coverages. They focus on one threat, and do what they can to eliminate it. Saw then do it with Rogan. They were not going to give up the quick score. That meant no Malone, and no QB rolling. Make MM go the distance, the long way. Like Fulton or AE, MM, because they had so much success with that over the course of the year went to the well to get something that was not there. I agree, they should have run Gibson back to Memphis, but the temptation to try what worked all season was too great. Fulton figured that out 2 yrs ago, and used a kid named Freeney to knock them out instead of Rogan. BTW, I'm not a Cat fan, but I do appreciate what they do. Gibson is the real deal, and the Neal kid is going to be a good one too.

TSSAA needs to conduct an investigation into Mitchell's coaching staff, to see if they actually bet money AGAINST its own team!

(I'm just kidding, there, of course)

-------------------------------------------------------

Seriously though, Mitchell's coaching staff has got to be the laughing stock of all of the rest of Tennessee, for the way in which they have just GIVEN this game away via their MINDBOGGLING play-calling!!!!!!!

As for the Mphs area, Mitchell's coaching staff is to be commended for getting its team this far, BUT..........

They should be JAILED for their play-calling, however. It's a Class 1 FELONY!!!!!!!

I'm still trying to figure out how this team lost its first four games??? Your right the coaching lost the game for Mitchell. How in the world do you not give the ball to Octavius Gibson is beyond me. He was killing KC at the end. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Congratulations to KC on a great year and way to bring that gold ball back to east TN. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />