OOLTEWAH FOOTBALL 2008

bipbopzot

That is a VERY good idea. At least that way the way Region 4 plays would not come as a total surprise.

I also think y'all need to schedule either Baylor or McCallie, if for nothing else the lack of travel expense and a good gate every other year. Somebody needs to point that out to whoever insists on NOT playing them in football.

They showed the last two years they would rather play a 9 game schedule than schedule either of them so that is not going to happen. Even Riverdale has scheduled both D1 and D2 privates, and if they can do it anybody can. For the players at Oolt I do hope they do get a 10 game schedule, I would bet they don't care who they play just play.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They showed the last two years they would rather play a 9 game schedule than schedule either of them so that is not going to happen. Even Riverdale has scheduled both D1 and D2 privates, and if they can do it anybody can. For the players at Oolt I do hope they do get a 10 game schedule, I would bet they don't care who they play just play.

NO IDIOT,the last 2 years of 9 reg. season games is due to the FACT that tssaa requires 2 YEAR CONTRACTS,when scheduling games w/opposing teams(HOME/HOME) AND BELIEVE IT or not Ooltewah does have a hard time finding teams to play,because everybody wants a perfect season...even the owls,so lay-off.There are plenty of LARGE-SCHOOLS in and around nashville/memphis etc...,.but in chattanooga,there are only 2(ooltewah and soddy),and in north georgia there is none,and if there were...the georgia scheduling is off set a year from tennessee.

NO IDIOT,the last 2 years of 9 reg. season games is due to the FACT that tssaa requires 2 YEAR CONTRACTS,when scheduling games w/opposing teams(HOME/HOME) AND BELIEVE IT or not Ooltewah does have a hard time finding teams to play,because everybody wants a perfect season...even the owls,so lay-off.There are plenty of LARGE-SCHOOLS in and around nashville/memphis etc...,.but in chattanooga,there are only 2(ooltewah and soddy),and in north georgia there is none,and if there were...the georgia scheduling is off set a year from tennessee.

Ooltewah has Franklin next year also Maplewood again and Tyner.

Let's see, McCallie played Franklin (and lost 36-35, McC won last year 28-6) this year and Ooltewah plays Franklin next year. I've got a novel idea; schedule McCallie, fill the stadiums, save travel expenses and provide Chattanooga high school football fans with an entertaining rivalry.

Unfortunately, someplace will freeze over before Ooltewah schedules McCallie in anything other than a tournament situation. I don't know why everyone not Ooltewah wants them to play McCallie anyway, they don't bring anyone and wants your kids to go there instead.

Hello to my friends in Ooltewah

Ive beeen absent from the threads for a couple weeks. I wanted to congatulate the Owls for the past season. I know it ended earlier than you would have liked but you had a great run. Sorry it took so long but my brother collapsed right after your last game and died a coupled days later. He lived in North Carolina and that made a difficult situation even more difficult. The last couple of weeks has been a blur but I've started to get back to normal. Good luck to you in your new region. I'll miss the banter from the Hooterville bunch but I'll probably check in every now and then.

Hope all has a Merry Christmas.

Your ole Gov friend..

tpoole12

Unfortunately, someplace will freeze over before Ooltewah schedules McCallie in anything other than a tournament situation. I don't know why everyone not Ooltewah wants them to play McCallie anyway, they don't bring anyone and wants your kids to go there instead.

Yeah, you're probably right. They'd only bring several thousand to Finley. I'm sure Franklin will bring at least a couple of hundred to the Owl's nest when it's their turn to visit. The good news is Franklin won't want any of your players.

Please cite the applicable section of the TSSAA rules requiring 2 year contracts on a home and home basis.