Oneida in 09

remade28

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick Daugherty was the best nose guard to play at Oneida he played stand up nose guard . I once heard and seen a center which was 6'4" come up to the line and call nick baby hugh and soon as he snap the ball nick hits him under the chin knocking him back into his own Q B , which knocked both of them down . The head coach calls a time out and rips the center , the center never calls nick that again . Nick was the strongest man in his time to play the game , Guys no weight program than .

After much research my other end is going to be........Pete Shoemaker!! Now I know I'm going to feel the Wrath of Khan, Joe, and Bob.......but hear me out on this one. Shoemaker played tight end for OHS out of need. The teams he played on needed him to play there, but he is a natural slot or split end. Long (6'1"), lean, and fast...he was an absolute mismatch for a LB! He had great hands and the athletic ability to do something with the ball after the catch. However, he gives me just what I need for my team.....a great possession receiver with Homerun Abilities! I haven't forgotten either Josh Thompson or Shane Keeton. Keeton is definitely the Free Safety of my Defense, and Thompson is being looked at as one of my two lockdown corners.

My tightend is Greg Miller. Simply the best combination of run blocker/pass catcher in that position that we have had, that I have seen. He could do both equally well! Others may have been better in one aspect or the other, but you will be hard pressed to find someone that was as consistant with both as Miller was!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kazazz /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

After much research my other end is going to be........Pete Shoemaker!! Now I know I'm going to feel the Wrath of Khan, Joe, and Bob.......but hear me out on this one. Shoemaker played tight end for OHS out of need. The teams he played on needed him to play there, but he is a natural slot or split end. Long (6'1"), lean, and fast...he was an absolute mismatch for a LB! He had great hands and the athletic ability to do something with the ball after the catch. However, he gives me just what I need for my team.....a great possession receiver with Homerun Abilities! I haven't forgotten either Josh Thompson or Shane Keeton. Keeton is definitely the Free Safety of my Defense, and Thompson is being looked at as one of my two lockdown corners.

My tightend is Greg Miller. Simply the best combination of run blocker/pass catcher in that position that we have had, that I have seen. He could do both equally well! Others may have been better in one aspect or the other, but you will be hard pressed to find someone that was as consistant with both as Miller was!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kazazz /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

whooooooooooo kaz miller was a good one clint keeton off of this years squad had that same combination he just didnt see that many passes come his way. caught the big TD @ greenback came up stylin & profilin whoooooooo I liked that he could be a pro wrestler baby . johnathan boyatt & tyler cross were good ones too whoooooooooooo

whooooooooooo kaz miller was a good one clint keeton off of this years squad had that same combination he just didnt see that many passes come his way. caught the big one @ greenback . johnathan boyatt & tyler cross were good ones too whoooooooooooo

nature boy you are oficially my favorite wrestler ever /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> miller was everything kaz said and probably more I am a little biased in my pick. clint caught everything threw his way(both of 'em this year) /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> a great blocker but like I said I'm a little biased in my pick

After much research my other end is going to be........Pete Shoemaker!! Now I know I'm going to feel the Wrath of Khan, Joe, and Bob.......but hear me out on this one.

Nope ain't even listening to that one. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

P22, I considered the body of work turned in by this years TE. I'm not gonna lie.....there is no question he has some gifts athletically. I don't think I have considered many players that played in my day. Miller was just an exceptionally good TE. There is a play I remember him making that is very vivid up to this day, and it kind of illustrates why GM is the best at this spot.

Byrd (QB) went back to pass on 2nd and long and he found Miller on a quick up. The two LB's each made a play on it, one went for the ball and one latched on to Miller. I was somewhat surprised to discover he had caught the pass, but what happen next was tremendous too. The LB continued to attempt to wrestle him to the ground when the ballside corner arrived.....as did the safety! As they continued to try to bring him down (ten yards up the field) a teammate hit the whole mass of players. Everyone hit the ground on the impact of this hit........except Miller! He then proceeded to haul the ball the rest of the way to the endzone. 60+ yards. One play.......balance, power, hands, speed, determination, and vision! Side note: The play was called back because the player that hit the pile was called for clipping. Miller just tossed the ball back to the referee as if he was going to do the same thing again! Didn't get mad at the teammate or seem bothered by the call.......his attitude was a winner too!

Champ......got a better one? You know as well as I do he ran like a Gazelle! And could catch. I'm controversial, huh?!?! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Kazuto

Closing up shop on my offense with a punter and a kicker. Both of my guys left several records that are still there today. I've seen some booming punts by several players over the years so I'm sure someone has a story about some 60 or 70 yarder..........! But it would seem to me that average is a better indicator to me since it covers every kick in the season. Unless I'm way wrong, I believe Joe Daugherty has the longest career average....some one even said he was offered to go kick in college, although I can't say how accurate my source is. I believe his career average is around 45 yard a punt.

Kicker is Jimmy Barna. Plenty of leg, pretty accurate, and technique was very consistent. Billingsley Brothers are the only ones who were very close, but neither was as powerful as Barna.

Kaz

Closing up shop on my offense with a punter and a kicker. Both of my guys left several records that are still there today. I've seen some booming punts by several players over the years so I'm sure someone has a story about some 60 or 70 yarder..........! But it would seem to me that average is a better indicator to me since it covers every kick in the season. Unless I'm way wrong, I believe Joe Daugherty has the longest career average....some one even said he was offered to go kick in college, although I can't say how accurate my source is. I believe his career average is around 45 yard a punt.

Kicker is Jimmy Barna. Plenty of leg, pretty accurate, and technique was very consistent. Billingsley Brothers are the only ones who were very close, but neither was as powerful as Barna.

Kaz

I can agree on these two.Never seen Joe play , again it was before my time, but heard all about his punting abilities.

Lets move on to DEFENSE.It should start to get interesting now....