Farragut in 2009

AdmiralMan

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farragut very rarely scrimmages at home, Maryville last year was an exception. I think Anderson Co. came to Farragut several years ago, but I cannot think of any recently. I understand August scrimmages on the road where you can kind of prepare for inseason travel, but in the Spring I'd like to stay closer to home.

Farragut very rarely scrimmages at home, Maryville last year was an exception. I think Anderson Co. came to Farragut several years ago, but I cannot think of any recently. I understand August scrimmages on the road where you can kind of prepare for inseason travel, but in the Spring I'd like to stay closer to home.

What is up with the spring this year. From the newspaper article a few months about about Farragut getting in a little trouble with the 7 on 7 in Altanta starting to early. What is the latest on this. I have really never understood the scrimmage thing at all. All four years we scrimmage away from home spring and fall. The scrimmage with Anderson Co. just got started and it started to rain so the quit and the Maryville scrimmage. Yes it would be nice to play at our place some of the time.

I heard thru the grapevine that Tate has been offered a job going back to Catholic, so you may be able to mark him off the list, if he was ever on the OL coach list to begin with. I really don't think they'll make a hire before the Summer, I guess Sweetland will have to do it himself.

Along with the wideouts, running backs, QB. That is big for Farragut. It would be nice to get someone in there before spring starts.

Is Pate coming back or not. I have heard that he is just doing the weight room for the football team.

That's what I heard about Pate as well. But, I've heard that the last couple of years. I think he had an assistant DL coach last year, Coach G ???? or something. Maybe he's taking over the DL.

Pate's DL Assistant was Kenny Mubarak. He played for Farragut a couple of years ago. Solid Kid and knows his football but he is also in college so he will not be able to make the full time commitment to be the DL coach, even though i would like to see him there because of his passion for tha game.

Sorry i have not been on here so long, someone explain to me the Coach D and Coach Pate deals please. And to add to Sweetland coaching the O-line too, that could be a little much for him, i would expect Coach Courtney to take over the linemen in the spring until they find a good hire for fall. But i guess we wont know until then. Also when does spring ball start? What is the scrimmage schedule?

What is up with the spring this year. From the newspaper article a few months about about Farragut getting in a little trouble with the 7 on 7 in Altanta starting to early. What is the latest on this. I have really never understood the scrimmage thing at all. All four years we scrimmage away from home spring and fall. The scrimmage with Anderson Co. just got started and it started to rain so the quit and the Maryville scrimmage. Yes it would be nice to play at our place some of the time.

From what I gather the 7 on 7 is outside of the TSSAA mandated time for spring practice, also the Defensive Camp at Western Ga. is affected. That being the case there will be no going to the defensive camp. As for scrimmages here, its difficult because of our spring sports teams make the play-offs and use the field. Look for a scrimmage vs Alcoa here, I understood it to be the first Friday in pads. I will try to find out more on Pate, sure hate to lose him if the blogs are true,he is an asset to the team.

Pate's DL Assistant was Kenny Mubarak. He played for Farragut a couple of years ago. Solid Kid and knows his football but he is also in college so he will not be able to make the full time commitment to be the DL coach, even though i would like to see him there because of his passion for tha game.

Sorry i have not been on here so long, someone explain to me the Coach D and Coach Pate deals please.

I was told by a player that Doucett and Pate's teaching jobs were moved to elementary schools and Doucett couldn't coach football until the summer. He said he thought both would coach next fall.

From what I understand, Coach Pate wants to be the strength and conditioning coach for all the sports at Farragut (a position he's highly qualifide for), however this is not an official position in Knox Co. so there is no suppliment for it, therefore he coaches football as well. Because football takes so much time he really doesn't have time in the Fall to fully devote to the other sports teams.