Farragut in 2009

AdmiralMan

It will be interesting to see now that they're into the second week, if they don't start moving some players around to give them a look at different positions.

Between Purty, Hudson, and Bass the RB position will be plenty deep. The 2 Freshman RB's (Johnson and Hannay)may find a spot on defense to get some work in. Johnson has already seen some work at FS. Although with Purty and Hudson injury record, it may turn out not to be as deep as expected.

I really like Freshman #34 Urevic (sp?) at WR. He's small but really quick, and has good hands. I know that position is loaded, but this kid can flat out play. #49 Brown may turn into something at TE. He has a good frame, and is very athletic. I'm very optimistic about the Freshman OL. They're struggling right now, as to be expected, but I think there's probably at least 5 that will stick it out, and could really be a special group. How they do in the weightroom over the Summer may determine if they can help this coming year.

The Blue and gray game was so-so. Ran the ball well, passing game was not very sharp, weather could have been a factor.

Are they scrimmaging McMinn this Friday at home. I would really like to see this.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as Friday's scrimmage, I heard it will depend on the soccer game. I don't see why they couldn't hold the scrimmage on the practice field though, it looks like it's regulation field size.

Please let me know if they are would like to see this. Thanks

I was at the scrimmage at Carson-Newman yesterday. Any updates on the QB, he was great up until the injury. Ironic that he is wearing a green jersey for no contact and gets hurt. It looked totally accidental with the DL rolling into the legs. Overall, I thought your passing game looked great. I saw 31 and 3 on the sidelines. Why?

Reese broke his tibia dislocated his ankle and tore i believe 3 ligaments so a safe bet is late july early august depending on how well he recovers it was truly a tragic accident. And in regards to Deandre (31) and Montrey(3) they both have knee and hamstring injuries nothing too serious but not worth risking in the rest of the spring. All should recover in due time.

I also saw the McMinn scrimmage and it looked pretty good for the most part the intensity and emotion was very high with a few scuffles breaking out here and there as a result of some cheap shots. Both teams played very hard although the starters were only out for i believe 4 or 5 series. Farraguts O line was down 2 starters so they didnt perform too well but the running by the backs was great and passing went well the defense played well but gave up some deep passes but got some great pressure on the quarterback(I heard he suffered some bruised or cracked ribs from that one hit). Anyway thats all i got too comment on.

Reese broke his tibia dislocated his ankle and tore i believe 3 ligaments so a safe bet is late july early august depending on how well he recovers it was truly a tragic accident. And in regards to Deandre (31) and Montrey(3) they both have knee and hamstring injuries nothing too serious but not worth risking in the rest of the spring. All should recover in due time.

I also saw the McMinn scrimmage and it looked pretty good for the most part the intensity and emotion was very high with a few scuffles breaking out here and there as a result of some cheap shots. Both teams played very hard although the starters were only out for i believe 4 or 5 series. Farraguts O line was down 2 starters so they didnt perform too well but the running by the backs was great and passing went well the defense played well but gave up some deep passes but got some great pressure on the quarterback(I heard he suffered some bruised or cracked ribs from that one hit). Anyway thats all i got too comment on.

Man sorry to here that about Reese. We will keep him in our prayers and thoughts and wish him the best and full recovery.