Farragut in 2009

AdmiralMan

As a Dobyns Bennett supporter I can't tell you how excited I am about playing the Admirals. You have built a great program and tradition in the Knoxville area and this will be a good measuring stick to see where the Tribe is early in the season. Like you, we have as many questions as answers since we are graduating a plethora of seniors including our starting quarterback. With the new redistricting, I hope this can be the start of many great years of competition like we have enjoyed with Oak Ridge. Best of luck on your season.

ROLL TRIBE!

thanks for the good words and good luck to DB as well. it should a great season-opener for both teams. no better time to truly find out about your team like week 0.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the good words and good luck to DB as well. it should a great season-opener for both teams. no better time to truly find out about your team like week 0.

Games like these are why the highschool system is so much better than college. Tennessee and any school that plays 3 or 4 of the best teams in the nation should still get a shot in the playoffs if they are among the best in college at the end of the year.

• 2 weeks later...

2009 FHS schedule 2009 Farragut Schedule

Week 0: Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett

Week 1: @Oak Ridge

Week2: Knox Catholic

Week 3: Open

Week 4: @Knox West

Week 5: @Riverdale

Week 6: Heritage

Week 7: @Bearden

Week 8: Maryville

Week 9: @Lenior City

Week 10: William Blount

Great Job by Coach Courtney to put together such a tough schedule. I am a little concerned it might be too tough for the Admirals to make a playoff run. But we will see Reese and Van Dyne will be back which helps the offense out alot. Defense is still a ?

My prediction 7-3? with a couple of too close to call games. Catholic, Maryville, @Bearden, Kingsport, @Riverdale

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Basically half our schedule is too close to call.

Your Predictions?

If they can protect Browning...IMO they will be good. That is the question mark...IMO...they can score on anybody if Browning has time and Purty and or Hudson get on a roll and stay injury free.......Van Dyne is the best WR in E. TN...IMO...and the Harper kid is very good........they cant have injuries.........I say they fight with Catholic for 3rd place behind Maryville and Bearden...

• 2 weeks later...

I still believe Farragut is capable of a state champion year. The offensive line is expected to be as weak as it was last year with the exception of Will Jackson. Maybe the new O line coach they bring in will shape them into a better unit that we need.

I think the front 6 on defense will be bigger faster and better than last years with 2 or 3 defensive lineman and 1 linebacker returning that played and 1 linebacker that got in a little and but the secondary is a little inexperienced but i hear they are moving some of the athletes from offense over to play safety and outside lineback/corner overall i think they will be better than last years defense which didnt give up more than i believe 14 points to anyone except Ooltewah the first game.

Offensivly we have all the athletes and playmakers and like someone said earlier if browning has time he will be able to make any throw he wants. Purty and Hudson are both great powerful backs i just hope we learn to runblock or they will have a lot of trouble making every yard on their own. As of now its still not been revealed what O line coach they are looking at.

I still believe Farragut is capable of a state champion year. The offensive line is expected to be as weak as it was last year with the exception of Will Jackson. Maybe the new O line coach they bring in will shape them into a better unit that we need.

I think the front 6 on defense will be bigger faster and better than last years with 2 or 3 defensive lineman and 1 linebacker returning that played and 1 linebacker that got in a little and but the secondary is a little inexperienced but i hear they are moving some of the athletes from offense over to play safety and outside lineback/corner overall i think they will be better than last years defense which didnt give up more than i believe 14 points to anyone except Ooltewah the first game.

Offensivly we have all the athletes and playmakers and like someone said earlier if browning has time he will be able to make any throw he wants. Purty and Hudson are both great powerful backs i just hope we learn to runblock or they will have a lot of trouble making every yard on their own. As of now its still not been revealed what O line coach they are looking at.

The front 6 who are they. Gabe White, Greg Grieco are the only ones returning that played. LB Brooks Harper that played alot which he was a starter. DB's have alot experience then the front. Elliott Jetton CB, Nathan Gibson FS, David Allen FS, Devan Hartman played a little at DB. David Allen is the player to watch for next year. I tought he was a kid that was under the radar last year. Good looking player. There's a freshman Jacob Johnson that is a very good looking player coming up.

It will be interesting to see if a new OL coach is hired before Spring practice. If they decide on someone outside the area then he wont be here until Summer. Plus Farragut kinda has a history of hiring assistants after the Spring.

I think the development of last years Freshman will have a huge impact on next years team. They were loaded across the board. There looked to be some good size on the Freshman OL, so if they can get 2-3 of those guys to mature quickly I think they can help. OL needs time to settle as a group, so the sooner they get situated the better. This is why the ? at OL coach is so important. If they have to wait until the Summer, they will be way behind the 8 Ball.

This team has such a great group of talented playmakers on offense it would be a shame if the offensive line is what stops them from being as great as they should be. I hope they solve this coaching situation as best and as fast as they can. I really think farragut has what it takes this year they will be better than last year, and i think people are over estimating how good catholic, maryville, and riverdale are going to be i just dont think they really have the size and talent as the other bigger schools that have been in 5A much longer have. Im more worried about bearden and db just because of devrin young and db's running back perhaps they will manage to carry their entire teams.

On another note i have recently stopped by the newly done weightroom at farragut and dang it is nice as any college maybe not as big but these 20 new all in one squat/bench/platform combination things are something no other highschool has.

don't say no other high school. I have seen Farragut's weight room and it is impressive, but I don't think it is as good as any colleges. I know for fact that Maryville's weight room as well as Bearden's and even Alcoa's (though smaller because of school size, but still very nice) have the all in one platforms, as well as powerclean platforms. The teams in East Tennessee are blessed with very nice facilities. As a graduate of Maryville, I cannot wait for the Rebel v Admirals game. Should be hard fought and great football judging by the scrimmage last year. I see Farragut having a chance at 2nd behind MHS, but most likely will fall the 3rd behind MHS and Bearden. Good luck to the Admirals and can't wait to see you guys in the stands come week 8.

don't say no other high school. I have seen Farragut's weight room and it is impressive, but I don't think it is as good as any colleges. I know for fact that Maryville's weight room as well as Bearden's and even Alcoa's (though smaller because of school size, but still very nice) have the all in one platforms, as well as powerclean platforms. The teams in East Tennessee are blessed with very nice facilities. As a graduate of Maryville, I cannot wait for the Rebel v Admirals game. Should be hard fought and great football judging by the scrimmage last year. I see Farragut having a chance at 2nd behind MHS, but most likely will fall the 3rd behind MHS and Bearden. Good luck to the Admirals and can't wait to see you guys in the stands come week 8.

Why 2nd?

The front 6 who are they. Gabe White, Greg Grieco are the only ones returning that played. LB Brooks Harper that played alot which he was a starter. DB's have alot experience then the front. Elliott Jetton CB, Nathan Gibson FS, David Allen FS, Devan Hartman played a little at DB. David Allen is the player to watch for next year. I tought he was a kid that was under the radar last year. Good looking player. There's a freshman Jacob Johnson that is a very good looking player coming up.

you guys also have a player who is transferring in.......I wont say his name right now......or what school...but he had a 90 SPARQ score at a recent Nike Combine....

really good player who should help at WR...and DB