Farragut in 2009

AdmiralMan

i believe fsu, that you are referring to coach Pate. he has done a great job with the strength program and is still with the program. i think dave might be referring to coach Tate, who is a really good line coach, and was with the admirals from 02-05 coaching on both sides during his time. he was at catholic from 06-07 coaching o-line. he took a year off last year. i don't know who the new o-line coach is for sure, but i do know that coach partin took a job in cumberland county. best of luck to him and thanks for the time he spent with the program. he coached three reg. 2-5A Linemen of the year in his four seasons at farragut. shaun smith in '05, michael hoag in '06, and of course will jackson last year.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i believe fsu, that you are referring to coach Pate. he has done a great job with the strength program and is still with the program. i think dave might be referring to coach Tate, who is a really good line coach, and was with the admirals from 02-05 coaching on both sides during his time. he was at catholic from 06-07 coaching o-line. he took a year off last year. i don't know who the new o-line coach is for sure, but i do know that coach partin took a job in cumberland county. best of luck to him and thanks for the time he spent with the program. he coached three reg. 2-5A Linemen of the year in his four seasons at farragut. shaun smith in '05, michael hoag in '06, and of course will jackson last year.

Coach Tate is the coach what I have heard is taking coach Parton place and coach Pate is from what I have heard and I have heard it both ways (that he is coaching and he isn't) was going to be the stength and conditioning coach for different sports at Farragut and not coach football. I know he does baseball strengrh and conditioning right. I hope he comes back he is a good coach and goos with the kids. Sorry for that I wasn't going to say who took coach Partons place till I was for sure. Coach Tate is a great coach and guy knows the game very well and will be a big help to Farragut.

I will agree with you on this. Yes Farragut has alot of there play makers back but I have watched Farragut the last several years and it sometimes seem when we get to the playoff's we don't take it to the next level we need to. I known someone will say you made it to the third round the last four years but look what we have had. The best tailback in Sterling plus some other guys to go with him on those teams for three years, probably the best balanced offense Farragut has ever had in this years team. Third round of the playoff's for the last four years 2005 OR beat us 45-0, 2006 Ooltewah beat us handlly, 2007 Bearden beat us 28-14, and in 2008 Ooltewah beat us 14-7. This year the defense played there hearts out in the Ooltewah game but we could not get no (zero) offense going in that game and like I said before we probably had the best balanced offense Farragut has ever had (5 or 6 good receivers, good QB, 3 good running backs, and a pretty good offense of line) to get nothing in that game. I know people will say Ooltewah had a great defense and yes they did but with all the playmakers on this years team we should of still found away to make plays against them. You have to against good teams plus to win state champships. I have been a Farragut man for a long time and always will. I am just ready to take it to the next level. I could see Farragut next year being 4-6 if they lose two out of three of these games to DB, Catholic, Riverdale in there first five games along with Maryville, Bearden in there last five games. With Meadows back at WB and they are young but a very good football team and he want let what happen last year happen again could be another. If next years team could win these games early then they have a really good shot at it if they keep there heads together.

You can't win championships or advance past the quarterfinals for that matter when your defense keeps you in ball games and your OC plays favorites. These things get exposed when you play really good football teams.

ole_boi, who do you see as the "favorites" the Farragut OC plays? Not disputing your point, just curious. I agree that the defense was definitely the strong point in a year where the offense was touted as one of the more talented in a while. If we hadn't switched an LB to Center the O would have been much worse.

ole_boi, who do you see as the "favorites" the Farragut OC plays? Not disputing your point, just curious. I agree that the defense was definitely the strong point in a year where the offense was touted as one of the more talented in a while. If we hadn't switched an LB to Center the O would have been much worse.

i'll just say this...if i'm going to sacrifice time with my family to coach football, i'm going to 1)require discipline 2) teach kids and 3)play who gives the TEAM the best chance to win. You have a RB who has D1 size and speed, but runs scared and you don't think it's important to correct it? Did the OC think he wouldn't need a big back with speed against ootlewah to take some of the pressure off of the qb? you have a WR with good speed, but not so good lateral movement and you try to make him into a feature player when you have @ least 5 more skill position players who can make plays? This isn't aimed at the OC, but why was 30 not playing in the playoffs? why did the coaching staff feel like it wasn't necessary for him to sign his scholarship papers with his other teammates? I understand that playing hs sports is privilege, but that doesn't seem fair to me.

i'll just say this...if i'm going to sacrifice time with my family to coach football, i'm going to 1)require discipline 2) teach kids and 3)play who gives the TEAM the best chance to win. You have a RB who has D1 size and speed, but runs scared and you don't think it's important to correct it? Did the OC think he wouldn't need a big back with speed against ootlewah to take some of the pressure off of the qb? you have a WR with good speed, but not so good lateral movement and you try to make him into a feature player when you have @ least 5 more skill position players who can make plays? This isn't aimed at the OC, but why was 30 not playing in the playoffs? why did the coaching staff feel like it wasn't necessary for him to sign his scholarship papers with his other teammates? I understand that playing hs sports is privilege, but that doesn't seem fair to me.

i'm going to stop this train before it even gets rolling, and people who don't really know the truth start speculating. without going into much detail (because a public forum is not the appropriate setting) 30 did not play because of several disciplinary issues that occurred at the end of the season. and to go back to the ooltewah game, it doesn't matter how big or strong or fast of a RB we had because NO ONE and I MEAN NO ONE in a farragut uniform could block ooltewah's front 7. that's just the facts of it. you can say "oh we should of done this, or we should of done that", but really sometimes a team is just better than you. with all that being said, we should all move on and look to 2009. and stop looking for someone to hang the blame on when there's nothing to be blamed for. the offense has averaged 29.7 points/game in the three years the OC has been here. did you forget what it was like when coach blake was here, and we really had to rely on the defense to win games?

i'm going to stop this train before it even gets rolling, and people who don't really know the truth start speculating. without going into much detail (because a public forum is not the appropriate setting) 30 did not play because of several disciplinary issues that occurred at the end of the season. and to go back to the ooltewah game, it doesn't matter how big or strong or fast of a RB we had because NO ONE and I MEAN NO ONE in a farragut uniform could block ooltewah's front 7. that's just the facts of it. you can say "oh we should of done this, or we should of done that", but really sometimes a team is just better than you. with all that being said, we should all move on and look to 2009. and stop looking for someone to hang the blame on when there's nothing to be blamed for. the offense has averaged 29.7 points/game in the three years the OC has been here. did you forget what it was like when coach blake was here, and we really had to rely on the defense to win games?

I will agree with you on some of this. 30 got a ankle injury against SD and then had so disciplinary problems the ooltewah week of the playoff's. To say Ooltewah was better I wouldn't say that to much there. If you saw the first three games of the year we throw the ball all over the field to different receiver look at the Central game after that we tried to change some thing when we should have stayed with our bread and bread throwing the football and then running the ball. The last 4 and even the playoff games the offense was not the same as in the being of the year. Yes we did average 29.7 point but alot of that was in the being of the year. Look what we have had seen the OC has been here Sterling for two years and look what he did and this past year was probably the best balanced team we have had in awhile. We just didn't us them against Ooltewah like we did in the early games of the year. We over throw a receiver twice that was wide open in that game early. 2009 will but interesting to see because of the O-line. That have some good looking freshman coming in hopfully they can get them ready. I think the OC is a pretty good guy and knows the game and I don't plan him at all. So times things just don't work out like you wanted them to.

As a Dobyns Bennett supporter I can't tell you how excited I am about playing the Admirals. You have built a great program and tradition in the Knoxville area and this will be a good measuring stick to see where the Tribe is early in the season. Like you, we have as many questions as answers since we are graduating a plethora of seniors including our starting quarterback. With the new redistricting, I hope this can be the start of many great years of competition like we have enjoyed with Oak Ridge. Best of luck on your season.

ROLL TRIBE!