Mr Football Awards

ParisRiverRat

Congrats the the young man from Henry County. I would have liked to see Gordon win. He was outstanding. I never saw Marsalis play though. From what I have heard he was pretty amazing too. Any word on if he plans to attend UT?

Congratulations to all the Mr. Football Award winners.

Teague is definitely a deserving candidate. Unfortunately, none of the major athletes from friday's game are leaning towards UTK at this point although UTK has apparently shown interest in all three.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Blair Arrington of Davidson Academy for II-A lineman. Justin Williams should have gotten Mr. Football for back. How do you get 2800 yds and 39 touchdowns and a State Championship and not win. Brown of Harding got it because he is a Senior and highly recruited. He is a showboat. Williams is a class act and ran over or around every defense he faced this year.

Congratulations to Blair Arrington of Davidson Academy for II-A lineman. Justin Williams should have gotten Mr. Football for back. How do you get 2800 yds and 39 touchdowns and a State Championship and not win. Brown of Harding got it because he is a Senior and highly recruited. He is a showboat. Williams is a class act and ran over or around every defense he faced this year.

Jared White - Trousdale County

Mr. Football Kicker of the Year

Austin Long, Briarcrest

Tavarres Jefferson, Ensworth

Congratulations to all the winners.

--------------------------------------------------

While I never saw (Ensworth's) T. Jefferson play, he must be an awfully, awfully incredible player!

It absolutely shocks me to think that any offensive Back could have been more deserving of "Mr. Football" than MUS' (QB) Barry Brunetti! That kid was the absolute "Truth"..........ALL SEASON LONG!

Oh well....maybe next year, Barry.

Congrats to Zach Rogers on a good senior season and winning 3A back, but I still think that no one in the state was a better player than Hunter Poteete from DeKalb. Led DC to first playoff win ever, first winning season in a long time, finished 9-3, went 177-320 in the air for 2,775 yds and 37 TD, rushed for 892 yds and 9 more TD's. That's an average of 15.7 yds/comp and 8.7 yds/att along with rushing an average of 4.6 yds/carry. All told he was responsible for 3,667 yds and 46 TDs which is 3.8TDs and 305.6 yds per game. He's only a junior, but so what. Last time I checked, that's not one of the qualifications of being the best in the state. To me, this just wasn't right. /sleep.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="-_-" border="0" alt="sleep.gif" />

Congratulations Justin Smith (Maryville), well done! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congrats to all winners! Way to go! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Reguards to the Board,

Mapp

Marlon Brown is a Christian young man who is also a class act and very humble. I would encourage you to get to know someone before you label them.

I do not know Justin personally but I'm sure he was deserving of the award just like DuBois. Those players wouldn't have been on that stage if they weren't talented.

What an interesting post. Perhaps some people would say that Williams is a showboat. The Tennessean reports that he is a little slow. Though he is listed at 180, I'm not sure this is true, if you are that light and a little slow, maybe the correct back won the award. Anyway if he is a class person as you post, then he would probably disapprove of your post. Williams should make a good Div II back or possibly a great Div III back. Take away those trick plays and guess who wins the state championship. Are you sure he ran over all the defenses this season? I believe it was more like he ran around most of them. And since its reported that he lacks speed, how slow was those defenses you faced all season. If he gains twenty more pounds, maybe that will increase his speed, but I doubt it. Change your handle to LittleRedMachine. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

As to the vols recruitin, they just don't recruit as much as other school. I seen a few of there coaches at our practices in the spring to watch marsalis and dominique but they aren't doin anything like some of the other schools. Georgia tech had a coach at our basketball game last night with marsalis. He stayed durin the whole girls game and half the boys game. I haven't seen one tennessee coach put that much effort towards him. You have to show the player you want him if you wanna get him.

Marlon Brown is a Christian young man who is also a class act and very humble. I would encourage you to get to know someone before you label them.

I do not know Justin personally but I'm sure he was deserving of the award just like DuBois. Those players wouldn't have been on that stage if they weren't talented.

I know what I saw in both games Davidson played Harding this year. He may be a great kid off the field, no disrespect there, he is a great player but he knows how to show up the other team on the field. Maybe it was just those games.

As to the vols recruitin, they just don't recruit as much as other school. I seen a few of there coaches at our practices in the spring to watch marsalis and dominique but they aren't doin anything like some of the other schools. Georgia tech had a coach at our basketball game last night with marsalis. He stayed durin the whole girls game and half the boys game. I haven't seen one tennessee coach put that much effort towards him. You have to show the player you want him if you wanna get him.

Coach Kiffin was at Henry County Wednesday to talk to Dominique and Marsalis.