Any word on the Macon Co. coaching search?

LeatherBalls

Macon County High School Football

Coaches Year Coached Record

Daniel Cook 2005-2008 5-6 Playoffs

Pat Dyer 1999-2004 32-32 Semi Finals and bowl game

Ronald Birdwell 1997-1998 2-18

Jon Offutt 1993-1996 11-30 Playoffs

Mike Dawson 1990-1992 7-24 Playoffs

Howard Cochran 1985-1989 16-34

Murphy Owenby 1983-1984 9-12 Bowl game

George Hatcher 1982 1-9

Bob Fitzpatrick 1977-1981 22-29 Playoffs

Tom Jones 1976 2-8

Jimmy Wheeley 1975 2-8

Glen Gregory 1971-1974 30-13

Dean Fisher 1963-1970 52-31-2

Brownie Robinson 1959-1962 27-12-2

Doyle Cothron 1955-1958 22-14-3

Charlie Knight 1954 1-9-1

Ronald Bergmeir 1950-1953 25-15

Kenneth Stephen 1948-1949 4-16

Boots Abel 1947 2-8

Tom Tucker 1946 4-4-1

Buck Harris 1944-1945 5-6-1

Football Discontinued 1943

Former Local Players 1942 5-1

Tom Tucker 1940 ??????" 1941 14-6

T.H. Kennedy 1935 ??????" 1939 24-17-1

Bill Bass 1934 Not available

R. Howser 1932 ??????" 1933 8-9

Not Available 1931 8-3

Not Available 1930 NA

Football Discontinued 1929 NA

Not Available 1928 0-5

W.D. Croft 1927 340 ??????" 379 ??????" 11

32 Coaches over 81 years of football = an average of 2.53 years

So statistics show that at Macon a coach has 3 years at most to turn a program around with no community support (unless you play the political game and even then backstabbing still goes on) and without the talent to play in their region.

Win or loose TC supports our coach! I invite all of Macon to the Championship game in the BORO Friday to see how fans are suppose to act! (I know not all the Tiger fans are bad but everyone knows they are alot of those bad ones and they tend to get there way) If not, their behavior just gets worse until they do! Good Luck Macon and to whom ever gets this job. TC1

the number one priority for macon football fans should be to let the coach coach. stay out of his office and realize that if jr. aint starting then maybe jr. just aint the right man for the job. and pee wee coaches, you aint high school coaches and you need to realize that! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the number one priority for macon football fans should be to let the coach coach. stay out of his office and realize that if jr. aint starting then maybe jr. just aint the right man for the job. and pee wee coaches, you aint high school coaches and you need to realize that! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I did not even have to scroll back up to know this was a jacket fan. Nice Post! See ya Friday when we receive that gold ball. TC1

NOBODY SAID WE WAS GOOD COACHES, but we beat yall in pee-wee when we played ya. Thats the point. A bunch of dummies done it then- why can't it be done by a bunch of so called high school coaches.

NOBODY SAID WE WAS GOOD COACHES, but we beat yall in pee-wee when we played ya. Thats the point. A bunch of dummies done it then- why can't it be done by a bunch of so called high school coaches.

because it's a completely different level of the game. the simple fact that you go from collisions that resemble me slapping my hands together hard, to ones that have the force of a car accident should be enough to make you realize that. the majority of kids playing pee-wee ball don't understand a "game plan" or a package formation. they're concerned with lining down right and not jumping off sides. you guy's deal with a very, VERY small fraction of what it takes to win on a high school level. you beat hartsville in a pee-wee game?! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> get over yourself. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Reckon Prock can keep the Post-It note long enough to hire one of the few names on it? The coach that will be hired there will find out quickly what he is up against or knows what he is walking into and thinks he can make a difference. One coach will make minimal if any progress. Things are not a favorite to get any better in Lafayette. The team has to be supported and not torn down. The parents see things very unrealistically.

Reckon Prock can keep the Post-It note long enough to hire one of the few names on it? The coach that will be hired there will find out quickly what he is up against or knows what he is walking into and thinks he can make a difference. One coach will make minimal if any progress. Things are not a favorite to get any better in Lafayette. The team has to be supported and not torn down. The parents see things very unrealistically.

Hey imallin hows things down at SC? This seems to be a huge problem in alot of places. You just have to get the right man for the job. Good luck to Macon co. and whoever gets it....

Well, seeing how Mr.Prock has nothing to do with the school system these days I dont think he'll be then one makin the decsion this time around sorry buddy...

Just some advice. I thought Coach Cook did a good job with what he had to work with. I knew him back when he was a player and had a chance to see him coach at passing leagues around MTSU and scrimmages. I wish him well.

I also knew much of his staff. All are fine young men. Except for maybe Dean, he??™s really out there. Just kidding Ol??™ buddy. Hope all will continue coaching in some fashion.

When you hire a new coach, give them the recourses to succeed. I DO NOT KNOW how the old staff worked, so I??™m not going to even act like I know. But, with the new you must:

1. Let them bring in a staff (2 or 3) to mix with some of the other guy??™s

2. Allow them to coach your sons??”Biggest problem when I was there was kids playing 2 and 3 sports. I??™m not against that, but they need to make time for weights and conditioning (football conditioning). Football is a year around sport. During the other sports season, they could work out in the mornings. Only exception would be pitchers on their pitching day- would not work out. Yes, that means working out everyday in the summer also. Not just taking summer off and playing baseball. Baseball games aren??™t until the evening so they can easily work out in mornings. You work hard year round in weights and you will see results in all sports.

3. We played Macon Co??™s Freshman and they gave us a run. You had great skill guy??™s and an o-line that will only get better with experience. I know most of them will play other sports. Keep that group together, get them in the weight room, and work them.

They will not let the new coach bring in a staff. Does not happen at places like Macon Co.

Hey imallin hows things down at SC? This seems to be a huge problem in alot of places. You just have to get the right man for the job. Good luck to Macon co. and whoever gets it....

Things are good here!! The problem is huge if things aren't done to prevent it or situations, when they arise, aren't handled. The right man for MC........hmmmm? There may be one and then again.................? They may have just run him off. The track record sure isn't the best. I agree, best of luck to the kids who have to endure such junk as they do.

May not be Prock, I wasn't aware. Whoever it is, he/she probably feels like a rope in a tug-of- war at times. I do know the names will probably fit on a Post-It note though. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

They will not let the new coach bring in a staff. Does not happen at places like Macon Co.

If that is the case, then you will not win. The two years I was there we went 2-18, but the community support was great and 99% of the kids were great. I really enjoyed my time there. There is support there and the right some one could make a great run if parents let the coaching staff coach. You need to allow that some one bring in 2 or 3 guy's to mix with 3 already there. Maybe a freshmen staff too (2 more coaches). You have a nice field, but the field house at the stadium needs to be up-graded (since I left I don't think it has changed much--I really don't know). There is no reason why you should be getting hammered each year playing Westmoreland, Smith Co., and TC. All are very similar in nature and should be near balanced every other year. Sorry, just my thought.

because it's a completely different level of the game. the simple fact that you go from collisions that resemble me slapping my hands together hard, to ones that have the force of a car accident should be enough to make you realize that. the majority of kids playing pee-wee ball don't understand a "game plan" or a package formation. they're concerned with lining down right and not jumping off sides. you guy's deal with a very, VERY small fraction of what it takes to win on a high school level. you beat hartsville in a pee-wee game?! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> get over yourself. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I understand whatyou are saying but please try to understand this. They competed when they were young, the same kids get hammered in high school. If they could compete then why not now pee=wee coaches are not COACH'N when these players are in high school. Please tell me you see what im talking about . I know you are football smart buddy.

I understand whatyou are saying but please try to understand this. They competed when they were young, the same kids get hammered in high school. If they could compete then why not now pee=wee coaches are not COACH'N when these players are in high school. Please tell me you see what im talking about . I know you are football smart buddy.

Pee- Wee coaches wow. i heard it all now. Its not even close to being the same. Just keep winning you pee-wee football championships.