Any word on the Macon Co. coaching search?

LeatherBalls

macon needs to bring back W.D. Croft, he'll get dem boys fired up! his example of determination to coach at his age will be so inspiring that those boys will burn a path to a state championship not unlike the path that general sherman burned heading through Atlanta!!! consequently W.D. was in atlanta that day!!! i don't know what will be more offending to layflatters, dissing their football program or referencing a northern victory over their beloved confederacy!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really not defending results. What I am arguing at it's simplest level is the classless and clueless way some folks that I previously had respect for chose to handle themselves. I know this situation because I have watched it first hand. The way this was handled by a handful of people does nothing but infect the kids involved with resentment and dissent. The coaches are grown men and will be able to deal with the situation. Relationships at the social level will be tainted. Can't be good for any community, team, or individual. Football really isn't my issue here. Win or lose, sometimes the game is irrelevant.

O.k. Yall go 3-20 in two years and tell me the game is irrelevant. One time on here tell the truth and tell me folks in S.C. WOULD NOT BE HAPPY. gIVE ME A BREAK.

O.k. Yall go 3-20 in two years and tell me the game is irrelevant. One time on here tell the truth and tell me folks in S.C. WOULD NOT BE HAPPY. gIVE ME A BREAK.

Both you and 69 state the Tiggers have went 3-20 the last two years. That record is impossible unless yall went to the playoffs! Also suspicious along with that impossible record, is the fact you and goldenrod are the only ones in Coacht history to misspell the word right by spelling it "wright". /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" It also seems really hard for you to get on here and discuss and issue without dishonesty and name calling. There has been numerous users on here state that your actions are similar to those that are the problem there in Macon. Try acting your age and state facts that are actually true and talk to people like human beings and maybe all the people on here could change there opinion of you. It will make life alot easier and instead of coaches sprinting away from the Macon County job, it might make them jog instead. Either way any coach interested in this job really is crazy cause it is a bad deal there because of a select few in the community. TC1

Both you and 69 state the Tiggers have went 3-20 the last two years. That record is impossible unless yall went to the playoffs! Also suspicious along with that impossible record, is the fact you and goldenrod are the only ones in Coacht history to misspell the word right by spelling it "wright". /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" It also seems really hard for you to get on here and discuss and issue without dishonesty and name calling. There has been numerous users on here state that your actions are similar to those that are the problem there in Macon. Try acting your age and state facts that are actually true and talk to people like human beings and maybe all the people on here could change there opinion of you. It will make life alot easier and instead of coaches sprinting away from the Macon County job, it might make them jog instead. Either way any coach interested in this job really is crazy cause it is a bad deal there because of a select few in the community. TC1

I think dumb-stick meant 3-17 or 3 out of 20. Anyway I think you know what he meant. Am I wright or right. Any way it is bad.

I think dumb-stick meant 3-17 or 3 out of 20. Anyway I think you know what he meant. Am I wright or right. Any way it is bad.

These people kill me they argue about Peewee football on a high school football thread. They also must not review or stop to think about what there typin before they hit the Add Reply button. Come on people we're here to talk about who is going to be our next Head Football Coach here,not who won the peewee league 10 years ago. Anyways Happy Holidays to everyone even yall Jackets an Owls.

Here is my two cents worth, for what that will buy you:

The politics in Macon County is incredible..if you please one group you tick off the other; and neither side will budge. I know..I had some dealings with the people up there over 20 years ago; and frankly, it was an insane asylum. It is not by happenstance that coaches cannot keep their jobs; it is just impossible to deal with the social and political situation in the county (and if you need anymore proof; read the RBS threads..) and people in the coaching community understand that. (Potential candidates have been told what has happened there and advised to avoid that job. I have seen this first-hand..and not by me.) Even people with strong community ties have problems there; for they will either run afoul of one or the other factions, or the people who hired them. I saw this; and others who I have known who have been up and down the hill have expressed the same.

Frankly, there are some families up there that have pulled the strings and have control of the county that will never be happy; and rivalries between different factions that turn everything into a Hatfield/McCoy battle...and the football program has been one of the battlefields. It will not end until ALL those factions are rendered powerless. And in a small town isolated by location and geography; well, good luck.

IMHO, it is a no-win situation up on the hill...and there are just some communities that are like that. And personally, I would not touch it with a 10-yd stick.

You have hit the nail on the head my friend. NO one in thier right mind, with any reputation or sense at all will apply. It is a stepping stone job at best, a graveyard for coaches at worst. Thats the way the general public makes it and evidently likes it, as it has been that way for years. Nothing in the near future is about to change.

Macon will have 1 decent year surrounded by 10 bad ones. It is ashamed because as far as that level of football goes, Macon could be as successfull as Smith County, possibly a White House. But, the admin from the Central office on down is now and always has been stool pigeons for the politics of the town in general. It wont change until there is a mass death of the crumudeons that keep it that way. Sorry, but sometimes the truth....REALLY HURTS

Macon County Football............... It's FANtastic!!!

What about Charlie Darnell?

He has to be the most successful coach in Macon Co. history (11-12 yr. old Little League All-Stars). /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Great line SEVEN. That is Funny.......but True.

Is the $30,000 bonus real? If so, come on down the hill and start talking. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Great line SEVEN. That is Funny.......but True.

Is the $30,000 bonus real? If so, come on down the hill and start talking. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I hear ya! 30 grand may make me put my education degree to use. Naaa.... too many great "football" minds on the hill for me. Plus, from what I hear, the head coach has to teach classes as well. That does it... I'm officially not interested. How about you LB. That sounds like it's right up your alley. lol They need someone with "leatherBALLS" to tell these experts where to stick their opinions and ideas. They'd have you ran out of town before you blew your first whistle.