Hassell ranked state's best

Indian

http://www.kyprephoops.com/0809/Oct08BolusTNGirls.html

Hassell is one spot ahead of Avant, who was his pick for #1 last time. The first 12 are ordered in his opinion, and after that each group is alphabetical. Please, as usual, comment on ones who aren't on it and you feel should be but don't put down any he has listed.

Five of his first 12 are from Memphis (deservedly so from what I've seen and read), that should make happy some posters who felt Memphis had been slighted previously.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hassell is one spot ahead of Avant, who was his pick for #1 last time. The first 12 are ordered in his opinion, and after that each group is alphabetical. Please, as usual, comment on ones who aren't on it and you feel should be but don't put down any he has listed.

Five of his first 12 are from Memphis (deservedly so from what I've seen and read), that should make happy some posters who felt Memphis had been slighted previously.

Look for Chassidy Fussell to steadily move up his list....She is averaging 32.4 ppg thru five games this year...

MTSU signee Icelyn Elie, a 6-1 forward hailing from Lebanon High School in Lebanon, Tenn., saw action with the Tennessee Elite AAU program. She averaged 17 points and 7.5 rebounds as a junior. She also has been tabbed as a top unknown recruit after displaying her athletic ability on the perimeter and in the post. Her athletic ability stretches beyond the hardwood, as she was an all-state performer in the pentathlon during track & field season.

"She is going to be someone who people will be talking about for a very long time. If you look at some of her statistics one of the more impressive things is how well she has done in the pentathlon. She can do just about anything. She can rebound, guard the post and play the perimeter. She has great lateral speed and can rip the basketball off the boards. Everything about her game excited us and we felt very fortunate to sign her as well as the other four players."

Also mentioned as top sleeper by ESPN.com

MTSU signee Icelyn Elie, a 6-1 forward hailing from Lebanon High School in Lebanon, Tenn., saw action with the Tennessee Elite AAU program. She averaged 17 points and 7.5 rebounds as a junior. She also has been tabbed as a top unknown recruit after displaying her athletic ability on the perimeter and in the post. Her athletic ability stretches beyond the hardwood, as she was an all-state performer in the pentathlon during track & field season.

"She is going to be someone who people will be talking about for a very long time. If you look at some of her statistics one of the more impressive things is how well she has done in the pentathlon. She can do just about anything. She can rebound, guard the post and play the perimeter. She has great lateral speed and can rip the basketball off the boards. Everything about her game excited us and we felt very fortunate to sign her as well as the other four players."

After watching Ice for 3 years now, and everything she can do, the Pentathlon just caps it off. It's difficult to know how and why an athlete would even attempt to do all of these things. Just two would consume enough time and energy and getting in shape to attempt is a feat in itself. Certainly track builds endurance and that was part of the answer to be able to compete but this poster would not be surprised, that her best years are in front of her. Seeing her compete makes you realize that a lot of what she does is just raw, individualized talent that is so good, if she technically works on some small things, and with a Great Coach working with her, her potential is unlimited. What is important is "Her Clock Runs All Of The Time" and for her to eventually gear down and concentrate her pace on fewer goals will be her greatest success in Ahtletics. It is tough for someone to do that and since she has done it for some time it will tough for her not to do it. That is the challenge for the Coaching Staff at MTSU is going to have to "Let the Clock Run" and keep her interest on a high note. Good Luck, Tower.

This dude is definitely not the MEL KIPER of tenn high school sports !!!

One glaring omission is Taylor Hall of Morristown West.

After watching Ice for 3 years now, and everything she can do, the Pentathlon just caps it off. It's difficult to know how and why an athlete would even attempt to do all of these things. Just two would consume enough time and energy and getting in shape to attempt is a feat in itself. Certainly track builds endurance and that was part of the answer to be able to compete but this poster would not be surprised, that her best years are in front of her. Seeing her compete makes you realize that a lot of what she does is just raw, individualized talent that is so good, if she technically works on some small things, and with a Great Coach working with her, her potential is unlimited. What is important is "Her Clock Runs All Of The Time" and for her to eventually gear down and concentrate her pace on fewer goals will be her greatest success in Ahtletics. It is tough for someone to do that and since she has done it for some time it will tough for her not to do it. That is the challenge for the Coaching Staff at MTSU is going to have to "Let the Clock Run" and keep her interest on a high note. Good Luck, Tower.

I AGRE,ICELYN IS A GREAT PLAYER AND SHE HAS NOT REACHED HER FULL POTENTIAL YET.I KNOW YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH SPORTS IN LEBANON,HAVE YOU HAD A CHANCE TO SEE THE FOX GIRL PLAY AT LEBANONS MIDDLE SCHOOL YET.

Should have kept with Hassell. Hassell is a very good player and one which many fans should see. As Hassell will go, WC will go. She is due the pub she has gotten.

"As Hassell will go, WC will go".

She is an outstanding player no doubt, maybe one of the best ever around here, but a little credit to the other players, in particular the other 3 seniors, Christopher, Wassen, McGee. I think Kobe might agree with me on this. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I AGRE,ICELYN IS A GREAT PLAYER AND SHE HAS NOT REACHED HER FULL POTENTIAL YET.I KNOW YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH SPORTS IN LEBANON,HAVE YOU HAD A CHANCE TO SEE THE FOX GIRL PLAY AT LEBANONS MIDDLE SCHOOL YET.

I have not. But have heard MANY reports about her ability. Some DII Schools have expressed interest even though she is in Lebanon. This will be a Battle as to where she goes to High School. I would be concerned if I were the coach at LHS if she is indeed zoned there now. Think about all of these things. 1)The upside potential of this player is very high today but that is today. If potential met, why would she want to go to a LHS gym that has limited seating, needs refurbishing and does little to showcase a player like that. 2)The players technicals, my understanding, are great but needs high school coaching that will get her ready for later on. Where would she get the best coaching whether in Wilson or even in DivII somewhere? 3) Where would she get the best education and preparation at the schools mentioned?

My understanding, this is a player that many should see in Lebanon Middle School. While I know now might not be the time, someday some one is going to have to commit to rebuilding LHS or the Gym. She will graduate in 5 years.. The LHS Coach is evidently building for the future but is insisting on now. If she continues that upward path, it could interest a player and parents. She is going to have to structure that path to interest a lot of players and so say that as to what the Schools goals might be and tell those who will fit in. If not, WC, Mt. Juliet or numerous DIV II schools will go after her. A lot of people are going after this player and I have a suspicion the family does have some preference.

This will be an interesting story that I think everyone that loves basketball in Lebanon will get involved in.