Feedback on Region 1-A Awards

signman

well i agree its messed up. we should vote for a true first team off. and def. recongnize the best at 22 positions. that idea got shot down 2 years ago when i made the suggestion. i took care of that heading into the next season new district. as for hampton they did not show up for the meeting. hard to have a voice when there is not one there. pujo why did you not have anyone there to fight for whats right? looked like hampton could have cared less. i also have the second place award for the district here at COSBY. i assume grace got the first place one. do you want me to send you ours sometime so we can share the regional championship. maybe grace will let you borrow theirs for a few months. actually you can have ours if you want it not real fond of silver. as for who got what. nominations are made, votes are made, votes are counted, & recognition recieved. heck looked what happen with the nations top job. the way i see it alot of kids got the shaft.

mvp : miller/amos

off : robinson/little/RB hampton (dont know his name did get to play alot second half)

def :grooms/richardson

secial :teams ??????

coach : king leon (great motivator)

things need to be more like the bcs then kids would get recongnized for the stats based on level of competion like a 100+ yards rushing against a 3a school or kings academy in the first half. not like 100+ against kings academy in 4 quarters already up 4 scores or against north greene. by the way dont always believe what you read in the papers. i ll send you a film to prove it.

coach shelton

The fact that you are a coach in this region you should understand how hard it is for thease 1-A kids to get a chance at the next level. Because they play for a small school stats mean everything when a college coach is looking at thease kids. We all have to play all of the schools in our region good bad or what ever This year Unaka or Jelleco were not going to help any of us as far as numbers go but we all had to play them. Yes the coaches should try to get the best games they can for the non region games. But some schools refuse to put you on the schedule. If you dont have the winning record you cant get the games. Grace was getting dog beat by everybody in the first couple years the existing coaching staff had to have a schedule. Kings and North Green Taft all were willing to play so the existing coach filled the schedule with a four year deal. What everone needs to understand is the game is played by the kids they want to play not sit out no mater the score i look at college games all the time and most coaches will score as much as they can it could mean the difference in a bowl game later in the year. I am not saying a coach should run up the score just to run up the score but if we would have pulled out the starters they would not have had a chance at the next level because they would have not played enough to get looked at as a 1-A player. THAT IS A FACT. My son is wanting to play college ball somewhere and we have had a real hard time getting anyone to look at him. If he did not have the stats he has they have told me he would not even get a look.

It is a team game and the team must come first when the games are over the best players should not get the shaft as you put it, because of who they play for or were they play. The coach's who count the votes need to do the right thing by the players end of story!!!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i agree its messed up. we should vote for a true first team off. and def. recongnize the best at 22 positions. that idea got shot down 2 years ago when i made the suggestion. i took care of that heading into the next season new district. as for hampton they did not show up for the meeting. hard to have a voice when there is not one there. pujo why did you not have anyone there to fight for whats right? looked like hampton could have cared less. i also have the second place award for the district here at COSBY. i assume grace got the first place one. do you want me to send you ours sometime so we can share the regional championship. maybe grace will let you borrow theirs for a few months. actually you can have ours if you want it not real fond of silver. as for who got what. nominations are made, votes are made, votes are counted, & recognition recieved. heck looked what happen with the nations top job. the way i see it alot of kids got the shaft.

mvp : miller/amos

off : robinson/little/RB hampton (dont know his name did get to play alot second half)

def :grooms/richardson

secial :teams ??????

coach : king leon (great motivator)

things need to be more like the bcs then kids would get recongnized for the stats based on level of competion like a 100+ yards rushing against a 3a school or kings academy in the first half. not like 100+ against kings academy in 4 quarters already up 4 scores or against north greene. by the way dont always believe what you read in the papers. i ll send you a film to prove it.

coach shelton

KL says, KL would like to thank Coach Shelton for the recommendation for Coach of the Year. KL saw you and your staff yesterday sitting on the Jo Byrns side during pregame around the 30 yard line sitting alone. KL saw you from across the way looking through the binocs. KL also saw Little BLUE sitting there. KL wonders, if Old24Eagle was nearby?

according to prepxtra 211 what a year

20 tackles a game ...........You guys need to learn that when you pad stats you have to make them slightly believable. He was listed as having over 20 against us when we only ran around 30 plays. We also held you guys to under 100 TOTAL rushing yards and both your backs were credited with over 100 APIECE in the prep xtra.

KL says, KL would like to thank Coach Shelton for the recommendation for Coach of the Year. KL saw you and your staff yesterday sitting on the Jo Byrns side during pregame around the 30 yard line sitting alone. KL saw you from across the way looking through the binocs. KL also saw Little BLUE sitting there. KL wonders, if Old24Eagle was nearby?

old eagle was there little blue was not. did you see us during the game.

old eagle was there little blue was not. did you see us during the game.

KL saw some Cosby faithful sitting in the blue chairbacks before the game, but KL did not see you during the game. KL spotted you from across the way with the binocs. KL was sitting over there amongst the TC faithful. It looked what appeared to be six or seven Cosby faithful sitting together in the chairback seats on the Jo Byrns side.

20 tackles a game ...........You guys need to learn that when you pad stats you have to make them slightly believable. He was listed as having over 20 against us when we only ran around 30 plays. We also held you guys to under 100 TOTAL rushing yards and both your backs were credited with over 100 APIECE in the prep xtra.

better look at your prep extra stats Miller ran the ball 32 times in this game and I know there were others who ran the ball. We love football at our house so if you have a open day give me a call we can look over all the game films together.

KL saw some Cosby faithful sitting in the blue chairbacks before the game, but KL did not see you during the game. KL spotted you from across the way with the binocs. KL was sitting over there amongst the TC faithful. It looked what appeared to be six or seven Cosby faithful sitting together in the chairback seats on the Jo Byrns side.

during the game we went up to luxury box to watch. a nice gift from a friend we also watched the 5a game there. during the 1a game we sat with some coaches from some school called SOUTH PITT. LOL! no lie it was cool to meet Vic and staff. great guys. i truly felt a little out of place.

coach shelton

during the game we went up to luxury box to watch. a nice gift from a friend we also watched the 5a game there. during the 1a game we sat with some coaches from some school called SOUTH PITT. LOL! no lie it was cool to meet Vic and staff. great guys. i truly felt a little out of place.

coach shelton

Ahhhhhh....Thats why I lost you after the game started. Did you ask Vic and staff if they new KL?