Which available head coaching position is the job to have?

MDCoach

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious. Which of the jobs that are presently open is the one to have? What makes you think so? Just seems like a good discussion.

I think Macon would be a great school, there is a lot of good athelets in Macon and it would be a great place to build a program.I think Macon needs to get back to fundamentals, just like watching Hartsville they teach kids to play positions and do their job at their positions. Macon wants to spread kids all over the field in that spread offense and have five blocking eight, nothing wrong with the spread but i think you run your offense around what type of athletes you have.

I think West Creek that will be coming open this fall in Clarksville will be good. A new school. Good athletes from Northeast and Kenwood coming over. New facilities. Bring in your own staff. get a full staff in the school to help with discipline. Start out the program your way. Not have to follow any other coach or have people saying well you should have done it like the old coach.

I think West Creek that will be coming open this fall in Clarksville will be good. A new school. Good athletes from Northeast and Kenwood coming over. New facilities. Bring in your own staff. get a full staff in the school to help with discipline. Start out the program your way. Not have to follow any other coach or have people saying well you should have done it like the old coach.

are clarskville middle schools playing football? if not it would be horrible - that's like starting 2 years behind

clarksville football is horrible - oh occassionally they'll have a good team - kenwood was good when arrington was there and northeast was good a few years when butler was there, but for the most part clarksville football is not good

I think Macon would be a great school, there is a lot of good athelets in Macon and it would be a great place to build a program.I think Macon needs to get back to fundamentals, just like watching Hartsville they teach kids to play positions and do their job at their positions. Macon wants to spread kids all over the field in that spread offense and have five blocking eight, nothing wrong with the spread but i think you run your offense around what type of athletes you have.

I hear you Biggame. IMO you have to be able to match a scheme to the talents and strengths of the individuals that you coach. Some are easier to adapt than others. I am personally a veer coach, it is fairly simple to run and hard to stop. Double teams at the point of attack all the time. It also lends itself well to minimizing the effects of your weaknesses and taking advantage of your strengths. That being said, if Graham Harrell walks out there and you have 4 good wideouts and multi talented backs you better "evaluate the specific talents and improvise to maximize success."